News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Hmmm...Possible new adoptable? **EVENTS ADDED**

Started by EvanescentHowling, August 16, 2011, 10:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanescentHowling

Sooo, I was just playing around with ms paint, and I made some weird creature thing. I was going to click 'exit', but I just didn't have the heart to destroy the little things. They sort of grew on me, and are kind of cute...in a strange horse/dino/fish/animal type way xD. So here we are...

COLORED EXAMPLE:

The rearing one will be male and trotting one will be female.
--------------------------
Mutations: (some mutations are separate but shown on the same image to save space)

female
male

female
male

female
male

female
male

--------------------------
Small "Events"

Mutation Maker
As you all can see I only have a few mutations right now, so, to make this process more fun and see what you would all like I will let you design a mutation to add to these little creatures. At the end I will use the random generator to place all contestants in order. Each person will get prizes with the first prize being a full custom.

Rules:
1. You can only submit 2 mutations yourself (may change)
2. Has to go somewhat with the fish/horse theme. (Underwater or horse-can be fantasy)
3. Must be pixelated (just the way the adopties are)

Naming Game
Evie needs some help with a name for these little guys, if I pick the name you submitted you will get a full custom.

JellyThunda

XD lol they look like fish horses. <3
I'd stalk them, at least when I found time. :P

Victoria

They are adorable.  ;D The one rearing should be male and the other female. Like Jelly said they look like fish horses. So you should add a tail with a fin and some fins on the neck! Lol. Nice work btw!

Pinkshadow

Luv007

I agree with Pink.  They are cute, but they seem like they need *something*.... A tail and mane, tail and spikes...  Fins.... SOMETHING.  But they are adorable.

EvanescentHowling

Thanks everyone :) I agree with you luv and pink, I was going add some other things to them because I found them a bit plain. Now I just need to figure out a name xD

Luv007

Evie, its possible you could even use that as a base, and everything you add could be mutations....  That would be pretty cool... making them customizable and whatnot?

Good luck and I'll stalk. :)

EvanescentHowling

Luv, I was actually thinking about making them a customizable adoptie at first so I may stick with that idea because I think it would be more fun that way :). Like you said, that could be the base, and then I'd have different tails or fins and whatnot.

Luv007

Good luck!  Sounds like a really cool idea. :)

What art program do you use?

EvanescentHowling

Thank you! And it depends on the project, but I use prehistoric paint.net and gimp. But my mom has PSP7 I think. I won't be sure which one I will use until I get the shading figured out. :D

Luv007

EvanescentHowling

Small events added and mutation examples added :)

SkySong

oh, I like! Maybe you could do some sorta tail instead of legs? A sea horse! Lol. Maybe a unicorn horn, too.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Winged

I like them, but i think they need the mutations, not so much of a fan of the base. I especialy like the ones with the wings since i think the back on the base looks slightly swayed, but might look better with colouring and shading. I'd love to see mane and tail mutations, as well as other wings and various fur markings.
Owner of Gliders!

EvanescentHowling

great suggestions thanks :) ^^Winged I'm actually thinking the same too, the base will probably have a mane on it and ears.

Also, colored and shaded example up top. It's not official how I want to color it but that is the basic idea of coloring. The example is a blanket appaloosa coloring.

Luv007