News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*Starlight Tavern* Christmas Event 2017

Started by Starlight Tavern, November 26, 2017, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

-snuggles Ember and Rosedawn- You two are the sweetest! ;-; Such a pretty kitty!

I would gift this kitty to Ember. ^^

Starlight Tavern

Here's tomorrow's kitty!

Starting: December 19th 00:00 Secundi time
Ending: December 20th 00:00 Secundi time

Another pick the game day! Same rules as today. The game may be picked before the 19th, but the first play must still happen within the time period above.

YourLoveOnly

I'd love a repeat of the day 3 game with the little story blurbs :3

sera

Oh, Rosedawn should get kitty!!! x3  i don't think she's won any... =-0 <3

SkySong

Oh, yes! Story blurbs!

For the 3rd 19th, post a little blurp of what your ST gets up to during the day while the tavern is quiet (I believe everyone has at least one, but if you don't, you can use the boy above).

I will roll on the 20th who he goes home with.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

springacres

Saturnalia

19th Blurb!

Demacian Valor prowls.  He, like his father, is honor-bound to protect the lands he loves and those who dwell within them! Nevermind that it's just the area around the tavern and some of the surrounding lands. And nevermind that mostly, he wants to protect the ladies. (Ok, maybe, in part, he wants to impress the ladies.) None-the-less, he spends his days venturing into each area, every nook and cranny, making sure that everything is as it should be. (And making sure the ladies see him as he goes about his Very Important business.)

Starlight Tavern

Here's tomorrow's kitty!

Starting: December 20th 00:00 Secundi time
Ending: December 21th 00:00 Secundi time

Not sure how many of you have heard, but my dad knew so maybe some of you do. Yesterday a member of a band I've loved for years committed suicide. I'd like to take this day for remembering lost loved ones. Not sure what to do with the kitty, though.

Perhaps post your favorite memory of someone who's no longer with us and I'll raffle the kitty off?

(For those curious, the band is SHINee and the member is Kim Jonghyun)

Starlight Tavern

1. Ember -> Wild
2. River -> Ember
3. Rosewood -> River
4. YLO -> BKC
5. Kah -> D
6. BKC -> YLO
7. Rosedawn -> Wild
8. Ryuu -> Mid
9. Sat -> Kah
10. Mid -> Ryuu
11. Wild -> Ember
12. sera -> Rosedawn
13. spring -> Country

[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Midnight Phantom

19th blurb

Kalisen spends more of his time prowling the top of the tables, looking for things to play with. Anyone who wishes to take his place will find themselves in an impromptu game of wrestling.

Ryuukokoro

Amberstar spends the day causing trouble for his fellow cats! This spunky youngster has chosen a leader's name for himself because he believes he should be in charge of everything. When the other cats don't agree, he ignores them and does whatever he wants anyway. :P Everyone is hoping this is a phase he is going through!

Ryuukokoro

And now that we've passed into the next day, I can say I'm very sorry to hear about one of your bands losing its member, especially in such a tragic way. :(

I lost my son Kohaku the day before Valentine's Day two years ago, after we tried a $5,000 surgery to save his kidneys, but unfortunately it didn't work. :( It still breaks my heart, and some days the wound is just as fresh as the day it happened, but usually I'm better about it. Time has made it better. I still carry a lot of guilt because I wish I had taken him to the vet sooner. The first night when he wasn't here, I slept on the living room couch because I couldn't take a step into my bedroom, where he slept on the bed every night. :( He was a really great boy who was always there for me. I made this memorial stone and put it in the woods over where he's buried.

I have so many great memories with Kohaku. He used to be very confused by my pet cockatiel, who was not afraid of Kohaku at all lol. And I remember one time, one of our other kitties tried to jump on Kohaku and he flopped down on his back and kicked her off over his head, just like Simba does to Scar at the end of The Lion King. XD It was a really smart move!

sera

Oh, i had no idea that happened... T___T  How difficult for SHINee and all of their fans!  i love some of their songs. T__T

This is Kiritsu on one of my favourite days with her.  We adopted her shortly after we got married, from the humane society.  I remember looking across the way and seeing this skeletal, scruffy, old dog and my heart just broke for it... and then she turned around and i could see her beautiful face and how young she truly was.

Kiritsu moved to Japan with us, my "guard dog" who got scared if you looked at her too hard.  On this day, we went exploring our neighbourhood.  I have all sorts of pictures across  a bridge, at a doggy shrine, and at this business center where there was this amazing statue.  Kiri was happy to explore, to sniff this funny, unmoving creature and then to lay down and spend a little bit of time guarding his yard. 

She was my beautiful, wonderful sweetheart who literally travelled around the world with me, and I will always love her and all of the adventures we shared. <3

Ryuukokoro

Rosedawn

I think I want to stick with lost pets cause that seems right.  My story is a little different. When my grandmother passed away I was 9 years old.  She was my best friend and I loved her dearly.  When she passed she left me with her poodle. Hershey was an amazing little love dog.  He slept in her bed every night (and when I stayed over I slept there too) he cuddled and loved and my only memories of him are warm ones.

When she passed my parents told me that it would be my decision what to do with him while also tEllington me we couldn't afford another dog.  Though they said I could keep him it was made pretty clear I could not.  Her neighbor's daughter (a woman in her 30s) had a dog that Hershey loved to play with so we gave him to her. 

A few years later my parents got divorced and my dad went to live in my grandmother's house next to the same neighbors.  I asked if they could arrange for me to see the dog I'd given up.  They told me he wasn't the same that he'd turned mean but they agreed.  The second he saw me he was the same loveable dog he'd always been.  I found out they forced this very indoor dog into an outdoor dog and he was miserable.  A year later she sold him without even speaking to me to see if my family could now take him.

I know he has long since passed (I'm in my 30s he's be over 20 years old) but losing that dog talks add one of the biggest regrets I have.

Rosewood

I was living with my friend. and three days before his appointment to get his jingle bells removed, my cat Sergi got my friends cat Tadpole pregnant. We didn't know until shes was REALLY far along, about a week from popping. She had 5 beautiful kittens. I kept two, and ended up re homing one with this boy who had recently lost his cat, in which the kitten looked JUST like. Shes still doing well. But I kept Pandora, and she loved me, and her dad, so much. She'd climb up me like a tree and just sit on my shoulder while i was doing stuff. She was strictly an outside cat where i eneded up living, as she HATED being inside, even before she had ever stepped a single foot outside. She hated being inside. The guy i was dating and living with at the time, his brother came speeding into the drive way and ACROSS the yard one night, really late, and he ran her over. She didnt die, but she was completely broken from the stomach down. NO vets close enough for me to get her to, and she would of been stuck being an inside cat, meaning i would of had to re home her, IF the vet could of saved her. Im pretty sure she had internal bleeding. But even amongst all her PAIN, she gave me kitty smiles and purrs and comforted me as i held her and cried. I knew i woldnt make it to a vet, it was 2 am and the closest 24/hr vet was almost an hour away. I could feel her slipping away. I held her, and my ex offered to end the pain for her. I would of held her until she was gone, but she hurt soo much. And i miss her something terrible. Her dad, Sergi, was really depressed for a while. And we have both come to terms that she is gone. But still hurts to remember her sometimes. This all happened almost 2 years ago now. And i swear, sometimes i still can hear her in my ear purring while i go about random daily tasks. She was only with me for 5 short months, but she gave me all her love while she was here, and Ill NEVER forget her.

Only picture i have of her close to the time she left me.

Riverwind

...I'll take this day to remember Norman (left). I lost him just this past February and it hit me really hard. I had a lot of anger inside for Nick's parents for a long while afterwards, but I finally let it go because anger never solves anything. I know he is in a better place now. He loved to sit on my chest while I read books or crocheted. He got along really well with Rosy, as you can see from the pic. She had a difficult time after he passed, too... Looking for this pic to post on here, I found it and just suddenly broke down. It's amazing how a wound you think you've healed up pretty good can just reopen so easily. :'(

YourLoveOnly

Really sorry to hear that SkySong :(

I will join the lost pet stories. I considered writing about Amber instead, but I think most people know about her and since we are all talking about dear pets...

This was Sep, one of my first guinea pigs.

Sep was as adorable and sweet and silly as he looks in that picture. I started with a group of 4, a neutered male which was Sep and 3 lovely girls, Mikki, Noni and Aloë. They were all very different and I couldn't have been happier with my little bunch. When I picked out Sep the shelter worker had tears in her eyes. Apparently he had been there for months and no one wanted to adopt him, because a Peruvian would mean having to do some grooming and he was plain white so 'not interesting enough' for people. I still to this day do not understand how anyone who looked at Sep could think that. He was the sweetest, such a lovely little boy, I think he is still my favorite out of all the ones I have owned and I have had many guinea pigs over the years and I loved all of them. But there was just something special about Sep. And in addition to being super sweet he also made me laugh a lot, because he was lazy but in the silliest way. For example, the piggies didn't love carrots a ton. So when I brought them new veggies there was often a bit of carrot left. All of them would make their way to the new veggies, the girls sprinting and Sep trotting behind. Until he found a bit of old carrot along the way, then he just flopped down and started munching on that! Food was food after all, let the silly girls sprint and try to take the best bits, he would just be here and have the food all to himself. He sometimes seemed very confused about all the fuss XD I miss him and all my other piggies dearly. Due to my declining health I no longer own any guinea pigs, but they are still amazing pets <3

Saturnalia

My minion, my familiar, my soulbond kitty.
I think I'd have a hard time picking one memory, but I'll go with what the picture suggests-- every time I would eat corn on the cob, she would demand to have some and nibble it right off the cob, no butter or anything. She also loved good quality bread rolls... weirdo cat. I'll miss her forever <3

Starlight Tavern

Roll for the 19th's kitty:
1. Sat
2. Mid
3. Ryuu
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Thank you guys for sharing your loved ones <3<3 Most of them made me smile (exception is yours, Rosewood, I want to kill that dude now) and I hope you think of happy memories instead of just sadness when you talk about them.

Here's tomorrow's kitty!

Starting: December 21th 00:00 Secundi time
Ending: December 22th 00:00 Secundi time

Today's game is gonna be light-hearted, because while it's good to be solemn every once and a while, cheer during the holidays is my preferred way to do things. This game is Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, where I'll post the names of various actors/actresses throughout the day and the person who can connect them to Kevin Bacon using the least amount of connections wins the point. Just because I post a new name doesn't mean the previous name is locked! If you find a shorter sequence for a previous actor you can still steal that point. Points are only locked at the end of the day.

Post the connections as such "this person acted in this movie, which was directed by this person, who directed this film that Kevin Bacon played in" so that we see how they're connected (doesn't have to be exact format).

First actor is Orlando Bloom!

Midnight Phantom

They are both in the movie New York, I Love You

SkySong

Midnight Phantom

Chuck Norris worked with Anne archer in the movie "The Good Guys Always Wear Black "
Anne Archer worked with Kevin Bacon in the movie "Hero At Large"

SkySong

Ember

Cary Elwes worked with Bill Paxton in Twister, Bill Paxton worked with Kevin Bacon in Apollo 13.

Ryuukokoro

This game is hilarious. XD I remember even hearing about this Kevin Bacon game way back in high school (ugh I'm old...) but I never actually played the game before. (I didn't hang out with other people in high school, just books. XD ) Now I see how you actually play it. It's funny!

Midnight Phantom

I've never played it either XD not until now

SkySong

springacres

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on December 21, 2017, 01:26:37 PM
This game is hilarious. XD I remember even hearing about this Kevin Bacon game way back in high school (ugh I'm old...) but I never actually played the game before. (I didn't hang out with other people in high school, just books. XD ) Now I see how you actually play it. It's funny!
I think that was about the age I heard about it, too!  (Incidentally, I also hung out with books - and horses and cats - instead of people at that age.  Introverts and bibliophiles unite!)

Ryuukokoro

Mark Ruffalo and Kevin Bacon are both cast in "In the Cut", a 2003 Australian-American mystery and erotic thriller, according to wiki! :O

SkySong

springacres

Both Tom Hiddleston and Kevin Bacon have appeared in movies set in the Marvel Comics universe.  Tom was in (of course) Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, and Avengers: Infinity War.  Kevin was in X-Men: First Class.

SkySong

Spring, can I take that as Tom Hiddleston acted in an MCU movie (pick one, Thor, Avengers, I don't care), where Stan Lee made an appearance, where Stan Lee also made an appearance in X-Men?

Counting specific movies here for the sake of specifics.

Also

Adam Driver

Midnight Phantom

Adam Driver was in J.Edgar (2011) with Ernest Harden Jr.
Ernest Harden Jr. was in Rails & Ties (2007) with Kevin Bacon

Ryuukokoro

Man, forget six degrees, so far we've done it all in one or two! X3

springacres

Quote from: SkySong on December 21, 2017, 09:19:37 PM
Spring, can I take that as Tom Hiddleston acted in an MCU movie (pick one, Thor, Avengers, I don't care), where Stan Lee made an appearance, where Stan Lee also made an appearance in X-Men?

Counting specific movies here for the sake of specifics.
Works for me.

SkySong

Lol the vast majority of connections, like hundreds of thousands, are 2-3 away.

Lee Taemin

Ember

Lee Taemin and Choi Siwon in I am; Choi Siwon and John Cusack in Dragon Blade; John cusack and Fred Ward in Bob Roberts; and finally Fred Ward and Kevin Bacon in Tremors! My personal favourite of his movies, probably.

Starlight Tavern

Here's tomorrow's kitty!

Starting: December 22th 00:00 Secundi time
Ending: December 23th 00:00 Secundi time

Post at least one thing you're thankful to have this Christmas and I'll roll entries on the 23rd.

For the 20th kitty
1. Ryuu
2. sera
3. Rosedawn
4. Rosewood
5. River
6. YLO
7. Sat

And I believe Mid answered the most for the 21st? so I'll move the kitty over.

Starlight Tavern

Would help if I rolled...[blockquote]Rolled 1d7 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Midnight Phantom

I'm thankful for family, friends and health

Rosedawn

Omg I finally won one!  And she's beautiful.  And Hershey helped me win.  That makes it better.

I'm thankful for a very healthy son.  I know of kids who are really sick this holiday but my little boy is active,  healthy,  and happy. 

springacres

I'm thankful for a healthy dog... and for my family.

DarkRhiannon

i'm thankful for a lot right now. a car that's 100% mine, a job that helps me pay bills and a boss whose more understanding and less demanding then most. a boyfriend that knows how to handle me at my worst.

Rosewood

I am thankful for my daughter. My little blueberry, my munchkin, my everything. <3 Who is 3 months today, and already wanting to walk (she would be but shes stil an inch or two too short for her walker). She needs to slow down.

Starlight Tavern

A bit late, apologies, but White Elephant is finally up!

List has been randomized, order is on the front page, but I'll also put it here.

Midnight Phantom
Ryuukokoro
Riverwind
D.eirdre
Rosedawn
BKC
Rosewood
Wildfilly
Ember
sera
SweetCaroline
Country
Saturnalia
Lectral
CrystalAngelNeko
YLO

BabyKittenCandy

Im thankful for the help my parents have given us this past month, financially and with thier time. Im also so thankful I have such an amazing hubby who puts up with all my rubbish!

YourLoveOnly

I am thankful the amazing support I have all around me <3

Ember

I'm thankful to have wonderfully supportive friends!