News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] Clyde colors?

Started by jojo, May 03, 2011, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

What are the Clydesdale colors available right now? It seems like they're mostly brown, bay, chestnut... no creams or appys, right?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about kicking off a Clydes breeding project :) They don't seem to be as popular as the other breeds but I absolutely love them.

Silvanon

Clydes come in bay, brown, black, and chestnut.  They have overo, flaxen, and silver dapple genes.  They don't yet have cream, dun, grey, white, appy, or tobiano.  Edit:  Also don't have roan.

Ryuukokoro

Me and Crystal are working on dun and roan into the Clyds. ^_^ I am sure there are some other projects out there too!

CrystalAngelNeko

I know there is a project out there to introduces cream =P and next season, I plan on trying to introduces gray ^.^ or white... not sure which =P probably gray ^.^

Either way, don't shy away from doing any of these projects yourself! It will be great to have more gene's in the gene pool so we can have less inbreeding =P Inbreeding doesn't bother me at all, but it does bother a few, and I would like to share my Clydesdales once I have them <3

Oh! And go Clydesdale lovers! Woot woot!

springacres

Once I finish my Friesian project I may start one to get tobiano into Clydes.  With or without dun.

jojo

Oh excellent! Yay, I'm glad there's some projects out there. I'm probably going to go with cream or appy. :)

Thanks for the responses! Very helpful.

Keilin Alyr

I'm working on an appaloosa project myself, so don't worry about that gene not being covered. Palomino will be my next goal, as I want to someday own palomino and cremello in every Quinsta breed. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Kahlira

July season. I plan to start a Clyde breeding project myself. This season I have a breed and RB with two of the awesome Appy's from last season (So pretty much guranteed a double cream and appy? I think anyways) So if foal is filly, then it gets bred to Patret My multi gened Clyde boy) If it's a colt, I'll breed to Magestic. (I also have two breeds with other studs x my vanner gals), so alls good I think. I don't think often anyways. So yes, there are projects. I know there's a grade stud, a grey one (Forget who owns him) with a clyde parent. Is he a project too?

CrystalAngelNeko

he might be. I remember seeing him... I don't know if he's being used this go about tho.... hmmmmm

Nighthenge

I've got projects going for cream + tobiano (both currently on the same horse) and grey ATM.  Bred one of my mares to my appy Mustang stud this season as well.
I've also got a dun grade, but I've put that project on the back burner this season.

LaneyAngel

I currently have a Clydesdale breeding project, trying to bring Palomino into Clydes
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed