News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Grades avalible for Stud

Started by Goddesss, September 28, 2010, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddesss

I have this girl that I dont need to breed.  If I did breed her it would be for genetics as I most likely wouldnt keep the baby as I am hoping for certain things from my other breedings.  I figured I might as well offer her up for someone who might want the baby.  I would prefer that she be breed by someone who is only doing 2 breedings, so I wont necessarily go with the first person who asks if someone who doesnt have 2 breedings planned comes along.  I will decide on Thursday or Friday though.

I dont really have a fee in mind so anything or nothing is fine.

F Brown, front right Pastern, front left Sock, back right Sock, back left Pastern, Lip Marking (Sweet and generally willing, but occasionally excitable, a mover)

Goddesss

I figured I would put these guys up though I dont expect anyone will want to use them.  As lovely as they are you can breed any 2 different breeds to get a grade.

Lil Eeyore

Chestnut, front right Pastern, front left Fetlock, back right Sock, back left Coronet, Blaze (Prone to shying and nervousness, not a mover)

Bradly

M Silver Dapple Brown Tobiano, front right Pastern, front left Stocking, back right Sock, back left Fetlock, Bald Face (Generally willing, but rather excitable, a mover)

Whimsy

Oh gosh, I could use her to get a sooty buckskin. The baby would stay with me of course :) I traded my two last seasona d will never do that again lol I already have one breed this season with arabs so as long as I could find a good male for her id love to use her!

springacres

Ooh, might have to use your silver dapple boy with my Clyde mare, Goddesss.  Will have to keep him in mind for Dec too, to use with my Arab girl.

Goddesss

Whimsy I am not going to make a decision until Thursday on the mare but that should be plenty of time to line up a stud.

I just want to make sure that she isnt being bred by someone else just to breed her.  I could do that.  I want to give people a chance to get babies.  If you decide you dont want to keep the foal or want to trade it I dont mind.  I just dont want someone using her for like their tenth breed for the season or something.

Sure Springs you can use him if you like.  Just poke me when I need to post forms.

springacres

Just checked his pedigree and was excited to see he isn't related to any of the other silver dapple lines out there.  So I will definitely be using him and hoping for a nice silver dapple mare :D

YourLoveOnly

Whimsy, to get sooty buckskin you would need a buckskin stud and only have a 50% chance of the cream passing (and then hope for the right agouti or you'll get smoky black or golden buckskin). You can also use a palomino stud, but then the odds of getting sooty buckskin are even smaller. The best way to at least get cream would be using cremello, smoky cream or perlino but there are currently no Quinsta with double cream out there.

I have two breedings planned, but might cancel one of those (a non-Arab breeding). I focus on Arabs and would love to borrow her :)

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on September 29, 2010, 05:55:24 AM
The best way to at least get cream would be using cremello, smoky cream or perlino but there are currently no Quinsta with double cream out there.

Well there is actually, Sunchaser's Ethereal is a Perlino Tobiano.

But he's a Vanner, not an Arabian, so you would get a grade and have to breed back to the Arabian line lol. Sunchaser also has a sooty buckskin who is Ethereal's father.

Goddesss

Can you breed back to the Arabian line?  I thought if you breed 2 horses of different breeds you always got a grade.

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Goddesss on September 29, 2010, 08:03:39 AM
Can you breed back to the Arabian line?  I thought if you breed 2 horses of different breeds you always got a grade.

Nope eventually you will get back to a Pure horse if you breed back to the original breed enough. That's how Sil planned it so you can get new genes into the different breeds. See my thread here: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3117.0

Kahlira

If I read right and remember correctly you can breed back to a "pure" line on the grades.

Found the actual rule: Q: Is it possible for a grade horse to produce offspring of a particular breed?
A: Yes, under certain conditions.  If the grade horse in question is mostly a particular breed (more than 80%), and the foal's other parent is that breed as well, the foal has a chance of showing enough of that breed's characteristics to be officially considered that breed rather than grade.

Anywho, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for the use of Bella. She's a very lovely lady. I'd be willing to give you 10ksg for it. I know that's not a lot of sG, but for being here so long, I'm basically just starting out. I'm breeding the foals for me, and with the next breeding season, my total horse count should come to five. Have no extra tickets, so I'm just breeding two. The foal will be loved and untraded by me, and I'll find a very nice stallion to go along with her. I've found  a fair few i like, just need to ask permission first.

Goddesss

Quote from: Kahlira on September 29, 2010, 08:09:07 AM
If I read right and remember correctly you can breed back to a "pure" line on the grades.

Found the actual rule: Q: Is it possible for a grade horse to produce offspring of a particular breed?
A: Yes, under certain conditions.  If the grade horse in question is mostly a particular breed (more than 80%), and the foal's other parent is that breed as well, the foal has a chance of showing enough of that breed's characteristics to be officially considered that breed rather than grade.

Interesting.  Though I am pretty sure neither of mine will breed to anything but grade.  They are a equal blend of all breeds.

Ryuukokoro

Well only Bradly has three of the breeds in his pedigree, Eeyore could be bred back to an Arabian or Clyds easier since he's 50/50.

Actually I was thinking of asking about using Bradly for my project of introducing Tobiano into the Arabians. ^^ It would take a bit more breeding than a 50/50 grade, but he's one of the prettiest Grades with Tobiano.

YourLoveOnly

Perlino Tobiano? Ooooh, I want your girl now, that would be so perfect for my goal breeding <3
Cream and tobiano are two things I desperately want to breed into the Arab line.

Goddesss

Very true Ryuu and thank you I think Bradly is lovely too.  He was a major surprise.

Goddesss

I had a hard time deciding so I had random.org help.

Kahlira gets to use the mare for October.  Thank you to everyone else who showed interest in her.

Kahlira

Thank you so much! *snuzzleluffs* Seriously =D Arabs are pretty and elegant. For the record, I'm about to ask sera if I can use her Spectre Glance. Figure the grey with the brown, who knows what fun will pop up. Checked both their pedigrees, no relations amongst them. He's a free stud, so she'll probably say yes.

Goddesss

Sounds wonderful.  I will post permissions when I post my breedings.

Goddesss

I posted permission for Kahlira and springacres,

If for some reason I missed that you wanted to use a stud please just poke me.

Oh I wonder if I should breed my new girl to bradly.