News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Would love Nom Breeding Help

Started by Aralie, December 07, 2012, 02:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aralie

There is only one more person before it is my turn for nom breeding ^_^

I would love some help figuring out pairs and might be looking for more noms to use for breedings. I would like to avoid offering nom babies as fees for using noms. I am willing to offer breedings with my other adoptables or LC stuff as fees <3

My Noms
Chessie

1st Gen, no offspring

Kaylee

Pedigree

I also have use of two of Ravv's noms ^_^
Ravv's Noms

Any help would be awesome <3

Keilin Alyr

Goodness, Chessie is so pretty. I'm normally not a fan of yellow, but she wears her colors beautifully. =)

My Noms are open to breeding if you find someone who catches your interest. Careful with pairing Kaylee though, since I own several Noms who also trace their lineage back to Evening Tama.

http://www.secundi.net/agencycrittersearch.php?OwnerName=keilin+alyr&AgencyID=15

If you're not sure on pairings, I suggest talking to YLO. She's usually really good at finding amazing pairs and explaining the hows and why of her process. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

*bows upon arrival* YLO, Nom Matchmaker, at your service 8)
*gets list of Noms and lists of Aralie's likes and dislikes* Alrighty, let's plot!
I'll be looking at your Noms, Ravv's, mine, Keilin's and Winged's since those are the users who offered.

Lemme start with the obvious choice, Ravv's limited edition lineart boy I know you adore:

I think the most awesome choice would be one of Ravv's girl actually:

Her dark brown should get the combo of dark brown or black + light/orange brown while avoiding an entirely light colored body, I hope the wing colors will result in orange, yellow or a much brighter green. To avoid the Spots pattern you can use the item to give the baby only mom's wing patterns, if you don't use an item then Splash will be guaranteed to pass and it's a 50% chance each for Swirls and Spots. Since they both have a unique pattern and his lineart had a 50% chance of passing I'd do two babies from this pair to increase your chances of getting his lines, one baby with mom's pattern and one baby with dad's pattern. It's the best match I could find in the offered Noms by far.

If you wanna go with that it will take care of both studs/RBs you have from Ravv, so we have your girls left + mine, Kei's and Winged's Noms.

For Chessie I say use a warm colored match, a warm brown or an orange or something. I'd steer clear of black and anything with a greyish tint in it because I think that has a risk of creating that murky greenish gold no one ever likes XD Keilin and Winged don't seem to have any boys that fit this criteria.

One choice would be my Pumpkin:

Babies would get guaranteed English Spots which may seem boring, but if you want something else you can use an item to give the baby a random body pattern. I expect the wings would become orange and the body a warm gold, orange or warm orangy brown/tan. To avoid dad's Spots use an item to pass on Mom's wing patterns or you can risk it, it has a 50% chance of passing. Personally I'd risk it but that's because the other wing patterns he has are my faves and I am not too fond of mom's wing patterns :P

Another would be my Ricky:

He has Harlequin, a pattern you mentioned liking a lot. His wings don't have Spots or Stripes and his colors are lovely and warm, but I'm a little uncertain if his darker color isn't too dark for your girl. Wing base color would be green I guess. Splash would be guaranteed to pass and there's a 50% chance each of Swirly, Vines and Fade to pass on (or you can use an item to pass on all wing patterns from one of the parents).

And a third option my Sage:

Tan is the other pattern you said you liked lots and like Ricky he lacks Stripes or Spots. His colors are clearly lovely and warm. I'd guess the wings would be orange or pink, two colors you wanted in wings, but it's a guess, there's lots of possible outcomes. Wings would have Splash and a 50% chance at Swirly and Fade so not a ton of wing patterns.

I think my favorite out of these options would be Sage, I think this would create the prettiest combo for the bodycolor out of the 3 options. You could breed yourself a baby with tan.

And then we get to Kaylee. Her two browns are a bit close to each other so I'd like a boy that also has three colors (two + the white) that stand out a bit more so her pattern is more noticeable.

I'll name two of my boys, Ninio and Magic, together since pretty much the same reasoning applies:

Since both males and Kaylee have Spots it would unfortunately be guaranteed to pass. I think Ninio would make the wings more pale but keep it pink/purpleish and Magic the wings more bright but also more towards the blue/cyan. I personally prefer Ninio's body pattern but Magic'colors stand apart from each other more. Either boy has it's pros and cons, which one you prefer is a matter of preference. With either boy I'd probably want to breed a female Flight Nom with dad's pattern or a Normal Nom (probably male) with mom's pattern.

I am also going to suggest Ricky again:

Blue or purple wings, so much more predictable and reliable wing color outcome than the preciously suggested boys AND you can use an item to give the baby Ricky's wing patterns and thus get rid of the Spots. His two colors stand apart quite a bit and would warm up mom's colors a bit I imagine. I think a female Night Nom with Harlequin would be super cute, I'd also love to see mom's pattern on a Normal Nom (and I think it'd look cutest on the male lineart).

Another less predictable but potentially very stunning match would be Keilin's Vision:

It has the potential of creating a black + dark or warm brown + white baby which is a gorgeous combo of course. The downside is it could also produce two browns close to one another or creating a greyish shade, but you may wanna take that risk anyway. It also has the benefit of guaranteeing a Flight Nom baby and a very good chance at pink wings. I'd breed a male baby with mom's pattern from this combo for the most variety in your Noms, having two Flight Nom girls with the same pattern is less interesting I think. You can use the item to give the baby dad's wings patterns to avoid mom's Spots passing on.

Now I don't know if you actually want to use both of your girls or if you'd prefer to only borrow Noms so they're all unrelated. I've suggested mates for your girls, but if you want some completely unrelated pairings not using your own Noms let me know and I could put some suggestions together.

If you want to stick with breeding your own girls let me know which pairings you like and if you need help deciding what items to use where ^^ For use of the purple carrot I'd probably go for Chessie x Sage, Kaylee x Ninio or Kaylee x Ricky, those seem like they'd make the prettiest pattern combos.

Aralie

Oh my, so many possibilities! *Bows to YLO and her super nom matchmaking powers*

Would love help figuring out items <3 Don't mind the spots when they are mixed with other patterns so will probably leave that to chance. Had planned on using both my girls so just need to figure out which pair to get another set of twins from.

Pair 1: Definitely Ravv's two together (have just pm'ed her to make sure she doesn't mind those two together). I agree with twins from this pair with different patterns for each baby.

Pair 2: Chessie and Sage

Pair 3: Definitely the hardest pair to choose XD Think I will go with Kaylee and Ricky though. Maybe get the second set of twins from them and have the female flight with harlequin and male normal with mom's pattern.

Thank-you so much YLO for help picking pairs and for everyone who offered their noms for me to use <3