Nom Breeding, My first ever, needing help and looking for potentials!

Started by BabyKittenCandy, June 03, 2013, 08:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyKittenCandy

Yep, my turn has popped up, my first Nom Breeding!

I really have no clue, im hoping someone with a lil more knowledge could give me some help on pairings etc

Im trying to avoid using my boy Dreamer, since he seems to be related to a good few Nom's out there now ^^

I was considering using my boy Kieran:

And, not with Kierian, but in a separate breeding one of these two gals:

I am however, totally open to suggestion!

CutieePiee

Those three are lovely. I can't wait to see the babies you end up with!

YLO seems to be very knowledgable with Nom matchmaking, fyi. :)

Neocridders

If you want to use any of mine, I'd offer them all. I'd love a baby out of it. But I have some pretty noms. If you used any of mine, I'd just ask for a single baby.

Some stuff you should know, if you want the patterns to show and you aren't breeding parents with the same patterns, you'll need to use items. Some items let the mother or father genes show in a baby. But there is one item where you can get a custom gene with both the parent's markings.
There are some items that do the same for the wing patterns.
You can split the items between separate breedings, as you've figured out.

To breed a night nom or flight nom you'll need either another nom of that kind or a special item. The item (I think) only gives one offspring of that breed.

Winged

YLO helped me with my nom breeding, but she only has limated access to secundi at the moment so you might not find it easy to get her.

Any of mine are available for breed, for one nomlet no matter how many you want to borrow.
http://www.secundi.net/pets.php?AgencyID=15&ID=332
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

YLO can matchmake! :D I love Nom breedings. Very much so!

It helps to know any goals you might have for the breeding and color/pattern likes & dislikes. For example: User X would love to get their first flight nom. He prefers warm and/or dark body colors over pale ones and for wings he likes all color except green, but he would especially love some purple. He likes wings with a lot of different patterns and doesn't really like the wing pattern Swirly. Any body pattern is fine, unique ones are especially lovely. I can always throw together pairs that I think will look neat, but everyone has their own pattern & colors likes, so it helps to know what you might want ^^

All my Noms are also up for breed, I do ask for one Nomlet in return for borrowing one, if you want to borrow multiples we can work out an alternate fee for the others.

PonyMama

BabyKittenCandy

Okies lets see!

Pattern wise, I quite like Rhinelander, Harlequin, English Spot but would prolly like to avoid tan. Top 3 wing patterns I like would be Swirly, Splash and Fade.

Anything unique will always come up trumps though ;)

Colours, i love purples, blues esp cyan and teal.. not so hot on greens.

At a glance, the following noms caught my eye when I looked at people's who had offered

- Pretty wing and body colours

- really pretty overall

- omg!!! Those Wings!!! *dies*

- Stunning!

- Pretty wings :)

- Lovely wings

- Very pretty! (I do like reds too^^)

- Very pretty overall

(Wow YLO, that is one collection!!!)

Ravvana

YourLoveOnly

Quick note about Georgie: Her wings don't pass to offspring.
I have to run now, busy evening, but I'll post my advice on pairings tomorrow <3

CutieePiee

Forgot to note that mine are up for breed as well... with a nomlet fee.

Keilin Alyr

I'm also offering up my Noms for a single Nomlet fee. I just request that Cait and Misha not be bred together (they're homages to characters of mine) and that no breeding lead to inbred Nomlets (I have a ton of related Noms, hence the head's up XD).

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

YourLoveOnly

springacres

Any of mine are available for breed for a one nomlet fee as well.

Rosewood

Mine are available as well, I only have a handful though. Fee would be one nomlet.

YourLoveOnly

BKC did you wanna go through the rest of the users yourself first and point out ones you favor like you did before? Or do you just want me throw some things together based on your preferences? :P

BabyKittenCandy

Ive been looking as people volunteered thiers and though there are many stunners out there to keep it simple I think I will stick to the ones ive picked out already Unless you see a combo you think would be totally omg! (ie if you know someone has a stunner that would match one i picked perfectly)

YourLoveOnly

Apologies for my slowness, typing everything up on my iPod has taken much longer than I anticipated and the stupidly hot weather around here has been giving me a lot of migraine attacks. I've made pairs using the Noms you've picked out, as you requested, and also kept the other preferences in mind. I did leave out Georgie, as you commented liking her for her wings, and her wings cannot pass to offspring. She does have a unique pattern, but there are many unique coats out there so I think there are better options in her place.

When selecting your pairs keep in mind you can breed a max. of 5 babies total and can keep 3 for yourself, if you wish to keep your maximum amount of babies you'll only have 2 spare Nomlets and since everyone wants a Nomlet fee that means you'd have to make sure you only pick 2 people to borrow Noms from (multiple from each perhaps?).

I'll start with possible matches for your own Noms! I know you mentioned you'd prefer to use just one of your Night Nom girls, but I've given options for each :)

Kieran first! I think a girl with purple wings would be a good match for him, to give wings that can be blue and/or purple while avoiding his yellow pattern to turn into green. From the girls you listed that brings me to this girl:

You can use a white carrot to get a baby with mom's unique pattern, or a purple carrot to get a unique pattern that is a mix of both parents. The body color will probably be a guaranteed black/very dark grey like both parents, with the color of mum's stripe (or a darker version of it) added in. The baby will defenitely inherit the Spots and Vines patterns and has a 50% chance of Fade. If you'd like to take a chance at adding Swirly or Splash you can use a neon snail item.

Other girls I could find unrelated to Kieran are my Isabelle:

Wings are a similair story to the girl above, except this one has Stripes instead of Spots so they each get a 50% chance to pass and only Vines is guaranteed. If you'd like to take a chance at adding Swirly or Splash you can use a neon snail item. The bodycolor could be a variety of browns, black or possibly even grey. For the pattern you can use a purple carrot for a mix of the two parents, or a snail and hope for Harlequin/English Spots/Rhinelander (and risk Tan too) or even an orange carrot or white carrot if you want one of the parents patterns on the baby.

And my Misha:

Wing patterns are the same as the first girl, except Misha's wing colors are a bit more tricky with your boy, the circles could end up green and the vines a murky gold if your unlucky, but there's also some potential for really stunning combos and either way the base colors would be purple and possibly red and/or blue which is good. She also has a stunning unique body pattern you can pass on with a white carrot.

With a touch of blue or cyan these girl's wings could turn into all lovely sorts of purple and possible even blue/cyan. Her brown base color is lovely too, she doesn't have a body pattern so I'll look for a boy with a body pattern you have on your wishlist or possibly one that would make a nice purple carrot combo with her. The boys you listed aren't the best matches, but the cyan boy might work:

He has no body pattern, so carrots are pointless here and without any item you would get a baby with no body pattern as well. The best thing would be using a snail, giving a random body marking from the premade ones (there's 3 you loved but don't have yet, so you can hope for those, odds are 3/8 so it's taking a chance and you do have a 1/8 chance of ending up with Tan which you didn't want). If you want a Night Nom baby, add a moonstone item to the breeding.

Like I mentioned, I don't think any of the boys you listed are ideal matches for her, but I dug through all Noms offered and I think my Ricky would make a good match:

He is Rhinelander, has different shades of brown than your girl so it should give a bit of variety and he has a blue basecolor for his wings and the wing patterns Swirly and Splash. To get a Rhinelander baby you can use an orange carrot, I also think plain coat + rhinelander would give a stunning purple carrot result but if you wanna do that then please ask TheLeet if a purple carrot works on that combo first, I'm not 100% sure if it works if one of the parents has a plain coat. Add a moonstone if you want the baby to be a Night Nom.

For this girl I immediately thought Mido would be a good match from the boys you listed:

Body pattern would be guaranteed black in color, so not much surprise there. Hotot has been known to create really interesting purple carrot results, or you could use a snail for a random pattern (again, chance of English Spots/Harlequin/Rhinelander but also a chance of tan) or simply pass on one of the parents patterns using a white or orange carrot if you prefer. Wings should become be a mixture of red & purple, with guaranteed Stripes and possible Spots & Fade. You could add a neon snail for a chance to add Swirly or Splash to the mix.

Aaaand now for other pairs not using your own Noms!
4. This one is easy! Snowflake and Flower:

You can use a white carrot to get a harlequin baby in white/pale greys with a good chance of either cyan, blue or purple wings. The baby would also be gauranteed to have the Fade wing pattern you love.

And then we have two girls left from ones you listed that I didn't suggest anywhere yet, so let's look at them :) I have multiple suggestions for them, as I just happened to find multiple great matches for both.
One of my suggestions for this girl is spring's Silver:

Dark body color but not quite black, should be very stunning, and you can pass on dad's unique body pattern with an orange carrot. A purple carrot baby from this pair would also be gorgeous. Wings blue and/or purple, guaranteed black Fade and a chance of both Splash and Swirly. I think they make quite the pair!

The other suggestion is my Spot:

He doesn't have a pattern you want much, neither does the mom, but you could use a snail to get a random premade body pattern and a purple carrot baby from these two would also be lovely. Wings should be a nice mix of purple and potentially blue and/or black, with a 50% chance each of Fade, Swirly and Splash.

Pippa has a very long pedigree, so if you do borrow her be aware of that. Partners I listed are not related to her. The first boy is Duke, in case you decide to use your #2 with Ricky and still want to use Duke somewhere else.

Blue and cyan, possibly black and a chance at a dark cyan (tealish?), can't really go wrong with the wings there (except the tiny circles on the wings, those might become green/lime instead of mom's blueish purple or dad's yellow). Mom has a unique pattern which you could pass on with a white carrot. He's also 1st gen, to balance out her pedigree a bit.

The other suggestion is Keilin's Milo:

Both parents have unique body patterns, and they'd also make a fun combo, so really any kind of carrot would be good for this pair, or even breeding multiple babies from them can be a good idea. It's a bit of a gamble what body colors you'd get, as the result could be quite varied, but the other pairings are a lot more predictable so I thought this might be fun. For the wings I'd expect various purples and possibly black, with guaranteed Fade and Stripes and a chance at Spots and Vines.

For either girl 5 or girl 6 I will also suggest PM's gorgeous Flight Nom boy:

His wings should look lovely with either girl, using an orange carrot you can get the English Spot baby you desire and if you wish to get your first Flight Nom you can easily do that by using an Amber.

Aaaaand that's it! XD All done!

--
The Noms you listed were from Winged (1st girl), Neo (grey boy and boy with cyan wings) and me (all the others XD). I've assumed you prefer using those over ones you didn't list. There's 2 orange carrots in stock, 2 white carrots and 1 purple carrot. And keeping in mind your wishlist and that you can only borrow from 2 different people if you wanna keep 3 Nomlets yourself I think this would probably work best:
1. Your Kieran x my Isabelle or Misha - one baby with random premade pattern (snail)
OR
3. Your black Night Nom x my Mido - one baby with Hotot pattern  (orange carrot) or random premade pattern (snail)
and:
2. Your brown Night Nom x my Ricky - one baby with Rhinelander pattern (orange carrot)
4. My Snowflake x Neo's Flower - one baby with Harlequin pattern (white carrot)
5. My Starlight x my Spot - one baby with uniquely combined pattern (purple carrot)
6. My Pippa x Neo's Duke - one baby with Pippa's pattern (white carrot)

My favorite matches for each pair would actually be Winged's girl for 1, Ricky for 2, Silver for 5 and Milo or the Flight Nom for 6 but that's 4 different owners so that doesn't work with everyone wanting a Nomlet fee.. I figured you loved 2 boys from Neo and multiples from me so borrowing from the 2 of us would be best, but feel free to toss together something else if you favor other pairs <3

BabyKittenCandy