News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Mustela - Discover The Ferrets~

Started by The Mustela, March 04, 2010, 06:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mustela

Welcome to the help thread for The Mustela! As suggested by the title, the critters this shop helps to find homes for are....ferrets! I hope you will help me discover them as I dwelve into their world.

Art will be done by Pipsqueak on PI, whom I believe is a really fine artist. I have barely just finished finalizing the deal with her, and she said she'll be working on them this week, so hopefully they'll be avaliable for veiwing soon. :)

I know nearly nothing about ferrets, so will be looking to hire some colorists skilled in mimicing their coat patterns. I would also like to hire an advisor, preferably one who owns a ferret, to share information on thier habits and reproduction cycle so this adoptie can be as realistic as possible without realistic art. If interested, please PM this account to learn more!

Permission
me: also, just double checking - is it okay for them to be an adoptie on secundi.net?
Pipsqueak: And yes it's no problem-- do whatever you want with them! :D

If any guardian here is still on PI and wants to see that actual PM, just ask ^^

The Mustela

Backbone of this Adoptie

I'm interested in learning about ferrets as they are cute and several users here own them. As I cannot own them in RL, this would be a fun way to be able to own them realistically! Like I said in the first post, I have just finished finalizing the art deal, so don't have much planned for the background yet either. Perhaps some of you ferret owners might be able to help me out? And as the wise people say, fans make the adoptie, so what would everyone like to see avaliable for these?

The Mustela

The Art

The Mustela

Plans

I honestly didn't think past the realistic ownership stuff, so please do help me flesh out this post! It won't be a very interesting adoptie if you can't do anything with the ferrets.

1 on 1 RP Obstacle Races - will be a little RP between your mustela and random.org, with me voicing it :) points gained if your ferret passes an obstacle, points lost if he/she knocks something over. the one with the highest points gets a small prize (either toy or snack)

Breeding - the non realistic part! need a snack or toy for the male to present to a female, and then will have up to 5 ferret babies to keep, trade, sell, or gift. will be avaliable aaaaaallll the time :)

Snacks and Toys - snacks are to 'summon' the ferret, toys are what affect the color a bit, adding little random bits of what color it is. becuase of that toys will be mostly browns/black/creams/etc. but there will be some rare released ones with fantasy colors. one use only

The Mustela

Updates

-March 4: Help Thread Posted

YourLoveOnly

Oooh I love these! ^^

Will they be realistic colored only? Either way, I am stalking these ^^
The lines are amazing!

The Mustela

Thank you, I'm glad you like them!

I was hoping to keep most realistic, but perhaps some fantasy colored ones will find their way out :)

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

I can definitely see me trying to get a few of these... mostly natural I think with one fantasy colored custom perhaps.

The Mustela

wonderful! The art must be inked and shaded first before any can be given out, though xD

Speaking of which, the two other pieces should be posted later today

indigowulf

*sneaks in and lays ou Mustela bait all over, hoping to catch one*

red_uni387

Ember

I know I'll be stalking these religously. <3 Ferrets are love.

The Mustela

It'll take more than bait to tempt them out, indigowulf ;)

Thanks for all the interest! Hopefully I'll be able to find someone to ink and shade them soon

The Mustela

I apologize for taking so long to get the baby images up, I didn't get them until this morning. The link under art is updated with all four images now, though. Hopefully everyone thinks they are just as cute as I think they are :)

And another piece of good news: I've found someone to ink and shade! She seems to work fairly quickly too, so perhaps we'll be able to hold some events within the next week.

Ember

red_uni387

It's really easy to tell which genders they are :D

Ember

Oh, I remembered something I saw when I was a kid that may help with that Plans post. I went to a park with my family one time and we saw ferrets doing a sort of obstacle race thing. It was quite interesting. I'm afraid I don't remember many of the details but there were tunnels and such. Perhaps that'll give you a few ideas.

Deekkru

I found them! That didn't take too long^^ *stalks*

The Mustela

An obstacle race would be cute! But now it seems to me as if this is going toward how the Kennel and the Stable run their adopties xD

As a way to differentiate, I think there'll be an item or two you need to 'attract' a ferret to live with you. (Yes, this is going off indigo's laying out of the 'bait' but also from a PM about how ferrets like sweet things and anything can be a toy) I was thinking some sort of toy and a sweet would be good, and the colors would be decided by the toy. This would also only be for premades; customs of course would be complete customs. :)

The inking has also been completed, and shading has been started on the adult male.

And yes you did find them, Deekru!

Ember

Oh now that is a cool idea! ^^ Attraction items...hehehe.

Deekkru

indigowulf

hey hun, if you want any input on real life ferrets, including photos, just holler. I have 3 scratching at my bedroom door right now cuz the heard me get up lol.

Poupou

The Mustela

now presenting......the adult male! :D

Hope you guys like him as much as I do <3

Ember

SplitX

Any one else thinking Red Wall? I love it. <3

indigowulf

You know Ill have to get mimics of all 3 of the ferrets in my house :)

The Mustela

Thanks guys ^-^

Unfortunately there's been no activity whatsoever on the commission thread, and I saw her start a thread for gift art even though I know she has several unfinished commissions, and her last login was only about 4 hours ago....so dunno what's going on :(

Keeper

ah here they are, i really did not know these were here, i love them and will collect them <3

red_uni387

is this thread slightly invisible? o.o

The Mustela

added something in first post - would love opinions

Ember

I definitely still want them! There are almost always multiples of certain types of adopties. And to be more specific, ferrets are weasels. ;)

The Mustela

I know....but it seems like everyone's more interested in the other ones, judging by the activity in the help threads, and from they say they havent seen this thread which makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong :(

they are? wiki said they were more related to polecats o.O it lies!

Ravvana

Keeper

I absolutly love these line and i think everyone else does too.

The Mustela

Thanks for the feedback <3

added the 2 things I have figured out in the plans post, will add more after I fix my puzzle....just destroyed the middle by rolling my chair back Dx

edit: also added how the snacks and toys will work ^^

The Mustela

looked it up again and it does say weasel, must have missed that the first time >> also says the family of Mustelidae includes minks, otters, martens, and badgers so hehe XD

Echowing

I looked at the lines, they all look so great! The baby (boy i think?) 0n the left looks awesome  :D Hes like "Oh yeah, I am that cool" and the baby on the right is adorable!  The adults look really good as well.  :D

Please let them stay, I'd really like one =D

springacres

They look very well done and have such personality that I'd love to see them stay!  :)

The Mustela

*snugs everyone* thanks guys <3

I really hope G starts updating her thread soon, just saw her start a thread for a new adoptie so really have no idea where she is on commissions

indigowulf

Yup, related to the skunkies. I adore ferrets and have a ton of useful info if you want it. We take ours to the park and play spokesperson to the kids we meet. They always want to pet them and ask if they bite and ask all kinds of questions about them. Parents always ask stuff too. We've talked a couple people into getting them who were otherwise afraid to. We've also talked a couple people OUT of getting them, who thought they were as easy/cheap as cats to care for.

YourLoveOnly

I really really really want these <3

red_uni387

:) we are, I believe, 2nd on the list of commissions right now

red_uni387

G joined! :D *hopes for more updates soon*

YourLoveOnly

red_uni387

*fistpump* we are getting somewhere! after me and cursed(the person who's on the list right before me) posted complaining that these are paid commissions we aren't getting updated on and we just wanna know what's happening, G started working again and is now halfway done with Cursed's commission :) the ferrets re next though, so hopefully they'll be able to be started during may ^^

red_uni387

*sighs* looks like G has derailed again. Blaming her sister for hogging the tablet, but then posting a free tattoo and free pony commission thread D: