News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gifting - Help with Event Please?

Started by red_uni387, April 02, 2010, 10:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

I don't notice as much gifting here, and would like to hold an event to fix that :) It would be a traditional Secret Santa, the one where people sign up and then a randomizer picks who each person gifts too. I'm also aware of how few people appear in Jumper threads, so I was wondering if any other adoptie owners would like to pitch in? The event was gonna be free though, so you wouldn't get paid or anything unless you wanted SG, which I can try to raise to pay you ^^ and to make it less cumbersome for those with more popular adopties, I'm just looking for premades to be put into one folder in photobucket, and those gifting would only get to specify colors and I'd look for one like that. Am I even making sense? XD Anyway, please do post if anything is unclear or if you'd like to help :D Hopefully this can be started in a week or so, depending how many responses I get

Wolfs Fang

Even though I don't run an adoptie or anything, I'd like to help out with this event in any way I can. :D

~Fang
~~

Echowing

That sounds really fun! But I only have the Drakki adopt and I think everyone's got as much as they want of that one. I'd be willing to help out in any way though. It's a nice idea ^^

red_uni387

*thinks* besides just collecting the actual prizes, I don't need too much help, but one of you guys could help sort out who gifts to who and one can do prize distribution :D then I'd be left with just organizing XD

Echowing

Yep yep ^^ I'll help with that. Which would you have me do?

red_uni387

mmm...you and Fangy can work that out xD

Gryphions

*Pushes a couple Gryphion toward Red*

(note to self: 9 and 7)

I believe these two could use some nice homes. We'll be in generals in a day or two. So, if being an established, popular adoptable in generals is a requierment, I'm sorry. They are not very popular yet, not being in generals yet. Because of that factor, I don't mind if you decide this adoptable donation is not what you are looking for.

No worries if you don't want to use them. I just want to help out! I love the idea of gifting on secundi. I think a lot of people are so close to others, and gifting does occur, but since this site is more about adoptables (than, for example, PI. They have their horses and their roleplays to worry about too), people are more into collecting adoptables. And, although it is nice to gift, it is sometimes hard to get adoptables. When that is the case, people like to keep their hard for for themselves.

But I think everyone likes to give to others. I know I do. I am glad you posted this, though, so now I will look for more ways to gift adoptables and such.

Thank you, Red.

red_uni387

lol no being a popular established adoptie isn't a requirement, but I believe the gryphions already are :)

those two are amazing, I'd love to help them find a home through this event! thank you very much for posting <3

Garney

I wish I could help, but this week... i doubt I could find time for even random premade coloring. @_@ Maybe if I need a break I'll do some, but I can't promises =x

red_uni387

dang Garney are you trying to work yourself to death? o.o

Ravvana

I'll donate a mare and stallion in each of the new TheStable lines (so 2 ponies, 2 gaiteds, 2 mustangs, 2 warmbloods = 8 total) :) Probably won't have a chance to color them until tomorrow evening, though.

red_uni387

awww thank you Rav :D

and wow 15 critters already! not sure how many should be going for though...there's only like 40 active users right? xD

edit: I see 35 as the most ever been on, so hoping for about 40-45 critters :)

sera

i'll see if i can get my first Naa template done.  ^^  It'd only be stallions at first, but. . .  ^^

Wolfs Fang

Can I be the one who keeps track of who gifts to who, if it's okay with both Reds and Echo?  :)

~Fang
~~

red_uni387

any and all help is appreciated, sera :D

it's up to Echo for that Fangy ^^

Echowing

Surely ^^ so I'll set up at the end with delivery right?

red_uni387

yep~ so I'll get the list of those who signed up, Fangy will send me the list of who gifts to who, I'll PM everyone asking for the colors of a critter they want to gift, and you will find the critters closest what people asked for and send the critter to the new owner for a name and send the name to the owner of the adoptie. sound good?

Echowing

Ohh, sounds great  :D This should be fun ^^

red_uni387

oh it will be *cackles*

though I think to make it more fair(like you picking your own gift, or picking someone you hate to gift something they don't like to) you guys shouldn't participate...unless you really really want to

Wolfs Fang

Ok, I won't participate in the event. :) I have enough prettyshiny adoptables already, and I'd rather help out in the event. xD

~Fang
~~

red_uni387

I can color you guys Jumpers if you want though <3

Echowing

Ohh yay <3 And yeah not joining in is fine. And it would be best to send you confirmation of who's getting what first so you can check I didn't mess with anybody (though I wouldn't) right?

Oh, and I thought of something. What if there's not colors to match what everyone wants? Should there be a list of who wants what color and gifters have to choose what one they are doing? But if people are gifting a specific person will you tell them the desired color beforehand?

Sorry, just makin' sure I didn't miss anything in the process.

red_uni387

if you want yeah I could double check ^^

I was thinking continue until the ones left absolutely no one wants the colors on them, and then I'd just color Jumpers with the colors the people left want to gift XD this way most of the prizes stay hidden-ish

Echowing

Ahh, that sounds good ^^ Okay, thanks!

red_uni387

Poupou

Just saw this!  I will add a couple premades to the pile.  I'll try to color them tomorrow.
When would you need these?

red_uni387

*squee* was hoping to get this set up by the end of the week, so in a about a week and a half :D thank you!

Willow

YourLoveOnly

Will also toss in a few, probably tomorrow. <3

Goddesss

I would like to offer this girl

And this Limited Line gidget if that is ok

indigowulf

Ill bring in 2 Ranch horses, and 3 candy horse treats :)

Tribe

Ill throw in a few wild pony vouchers, i know you want premades but  i dont have the files and i dont know when this event is going to run. If its in like a month or so i can do the premades for sure. Otherwise ill do "premade vouchers" then people can pick from the pot which they want from me ^^

red_uni387

wow lots of posties while I was asleep XD

Thank you Willow, YLO, Goddess, indigo, and Hunni!! :D I really appreciate it <333

Goddesss I hadn't really thought about gidgets but if you're okay with it I think she'd make a lovely addition!

Hunni the event should be up by the end of this week, as people seem to be responding very quickly~

Goddesss

I am ok with it or I wouldnt have offered. =)

TheKat

Just some suggestions as to how to go about doing this ;))  you don't have to take it but I've run my fair share of these types of events in my life time haha.

1. When people join have them fill out a small form about themselves (username, favorite colors, favorite patterns, that sort of thing).
2. Match people up, not so they have each other but like I would have you, you would have Echo, echo might have Wolfy who would have me, sort of thing, so no one has who they are gifting to and it increases the suspense.
3. Gather all the images of the adoptables as you had mentioned before but number them.  either add it to the image or post it in the notes of that image, but make sure they are numbered.
4. Allow the person who is gifting to go through and sort of 'shop' based on what the person mentioned they liked for which one they want to gift to them.  That way they feel as if they are actually taking part in picking out and gifting the adoptable to the person themselves.  If they cannot find something that perfectly meets the person's requirements they still get to pick something out they feel the person would really love.  It makes everyone feel very involved.  This is rather than you going through and picking something for the person yourself.  It adds a more community and person to person aspect to the event.

I'll check through my pets and see if I have anyone I'm willing to spare. :)

red_uni387

awww that does sound like a better idea Kat :D I'm not sure what would happen if several people wanted to gift the same critter to different people though...

but like you said it would be more involved, and if Fangy and Echo are fine with it I'd love to do it that way instead <3

TheKat

Generally I did a first come first serve kind of basis.  One person can look through and send in their top three in order that they think the person would like.  After something was chosen it could be removed from the choices.  if all the choices have been taken by the time of send in then they can send in another three.  and I'd recommend making it very clear the time that one will be able to start looking through and choosing.  I'd also recommend not making the it viewable until said time.  That way no one has the upper hand ;)  Plus I'm sure everyone will love what they get no matter what! ^^

red_uni387

ah I see! thank you for the help :DD

Poupou

Just letting you know I didn't have the time to do it today, and probably won't have the time tomorrow since it will be Easter... So it'll go to Monday, and if I don't manage to get anything to you by that time, I'll throw in custom vouchers. :)  Just thought you'd appreciate the update. ^^

Scullisto

I have a malamute puppy and a french bulldog that are "name me" and I am willing to donate them if you wish.

BabyKittenCandy

I would be happy to throw in some Wind Runners if you would like?  Im not on my pc atm but if you would like them, I will get some premades to you :)

This is a lovely idea and I would love to support it ^^

indigowulf

I think generally, it may be best to wait a couple days to start, because some of the gifters (myself included) need a couple days to get premades done.

YourLoveOnly

Will color the premades after easter :)
Must say I'm glad I'm not the only one plotting a big giveaway. Although mine is taking sooo much longer to set up xD This did remind me to poke my old thread back up to gather the prizes I'm missing. Yay for giveaways ^^ *runs off to continue plotting her rp event*

red_uni387

Thank you Pou! <3

wow thank you Scullisto! I'm sure someone would love to give them a home :D

it's up to you BKC, I'm sure those wanting to participate will warmly welcome them though xD

a few more days would be needed to actually plan everything too hehe

sorta forgot today was easter since we don't celebrate XD and I can't wait for your giveaway either, YLO!

*squishes everyone*

Ravvana

red_uni387

indigowulf

I have a question- on these what is the ettiquette for ones we don't collect if we win one? Ill use stable as an example because I know Rav won't take it personal- with stable, Im *supposed* to only be collecting draft horses right now, until I have time to set up a 2nd registered stable. As cute as they are, I don't see myself ever collecting the pony breed (but I probly will expand for some of the others). If I got a breed Im not collecting, is the proper etiquette to keep it, trade it, give it away?

again, no offense intended Rav, they are all adorable, I just feel the need to focus on the ones I love most, or it would take me the next 10 years to get everything I want :)

red_uni387

I think most people would try to gift something that you did collect, since I'd be giving a day for Fangy to PM people who their giftee will be and they can look around as what that person does collect, but if it does happen I think trading would be okay, since you would just be swapping what you recieved to someone who will love it more and will be recieving something you will love more in exchange :)

sera

Working on some right now, just in case you're wondering (YAY! BASIC TEMPLATE IS DONE! 8D); not yet sure how many i'll do for this, though. ^^  

Hope these help.  ^^  Let me know if you need any other information on them.  ^^

sera

Sorry for double post, just wondering if this was still going to happen. ^^