News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Trading Ettiquette?

Started by Neocridders, April 11, 2010, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Alright, I've found myself doing some things that might get me into trouble someday.

Say, for example, I have a gidget for trade. I put him for offer in my own thread and I wait to see if anyone wants him. Now, this gidget is not very common, only a few users own this color of gidget. I just happen to have an extra. Only ONE extra, and only one for trade.

I want to know what you think. Is it ok to put a trade thread up for him, and also offer him in multiple trade threads at once?

Let's say I was interested in another fancy gidget in someone named Miss Kay's thread. I go and post that I'll trade my special gidget for that fancy one I want.
Now, since Miss Kay has tons of spectacular trade offers, I find it unlikely that she will accept it. So I go and I find another person, Mister Bee, offering a cool gidget that I like. So I go offer my special gidget on his gidget. He also has lots of great offers on his gidget already. He does not seem too interested in my offer, and that's ok. So I have my thread open and someone bids something nice on my gidget. This person is Miss Jay.
But I find out Miss Kay decides she likes my offer! But now I have two people that want my gidget, when I only have one.
What do I do? Personally, I would go with Miss Kay, just because I posted in HER thread. It seems unfair to offer something and back out of the trade.

Now, another situation and my feared situation that I am scared will happen to me.
Mister Bee and Miss Kay both decide the like my gidget. My gidget that I only have one of, and that cannot be split two ways.
I offered in both of their threads, so they assume I am willing to trade. But, here is the thing... I can't accept both their trades.
What can I do? Pick my favorite? It seems rude to post the same objects in two threads, and when two people want it, I choose one over the other.

Is that even fair?

Can someone propose what they would do in this situation, or would they even have one gidget posted in two threads?

This has not ever happened to me before, but I sometimes forget about things I offer on. Of course I want them, but sometimes I forget or imagine that my offer is not good enough, so I offer on something else. I mean, it's unlikely unless it was the most fabulous gidget ever that everyone would want that same gidget, in that case I would make my own thread for the gidget. But, I just want to know what anyone else does or would do?

indigowulf

Just note in your offer that you also offered it to Mr. Bee, and that if he accepts your offer first, you will have to withdraw the offer from Miss Bee. Post it in each thread that you offer it in- I only have 1, be the first to accept an offered trade and he's yours! Limited supply, first come, first served, all that jazz.