News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Something new? - ....?

Started by xenon, May 17, 2010, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenon

So, I've been debating for a few days about starting up a secondary adoptable over here! The Gryphons are extremely time-intensive, and I love doing them, but it would be nice to have something else hanging around to mess with. :3 So! I doodled up these little guys! They're little axolotl-based dragons, so they're fairly aquatic looking little dudes. There will probably be baby stages, and a few different mutations possible. They'll be soft-shaded as well.

Males:

Females:

So! comments? Suggestions? Questions? <3

Willow

sera

Wot sort and how many mutations might be available? ^^ <33 They are ADORABLE, though. hehe!

xenon

I'm not 100% sure yet! 8D Wings for sure, probably fins, maybe manes... I'll probably also have future contests for additional ones.

indigowulf

YourLoveOnly

Yesyesyes. More xenon art is always good.

xenon

Just out of curiosity - to those who don't like, is there any specific reason why? :3 I know that dragon-types aren't everyone's cup of tea, so I totally understand.

Ryuukokoro

Actually I think dragon types are among the most popular adoptable types, along with natural creatures like dogs and horses. ^_^

I like these because they look cute and I like aquatic critters!

xenon

Well, I've gone ahead and drawn up a bunch of traits and stuff... Getting them made into a template will take another while. xD

So! Out of curiosity, would people like it if I were to start out with a semi-limited release (two poses and ~5 traits) to start, then worked on releasing different outlines and new traits, or would they rather wait for me to launch with all four outlines to start off with?

Here's a male with some traits! :D ...Not completely finished, o'course, but. Progress is slow, especially when I'm working on a million things at once! Let me know what you think so far. XD <3

YourLoveOnly

That's really cute! I think I would prefer all 4 outlines, but release new traits as you go.
I think they are absolutely lovely <3 Although the big smile on the first female scares me a teeny tiny bit O.o But I love everything else!

xenon

Yeah, I'm not perfectly happy with that first female, so she's probably going to change quite a bit as I go. XD

Neocridders

Zomg looooveee these!! Love these! Love love love love.

Ryuukokoro

sera

i like the first female's grin. xD;; 

i just greatly enjoy these, Chaolove, so i'd be happy to steal some however you release them! /not helpful post

xenon

Willow

YourLoveOnly

That is super cute and sooo awesome. YLO waaaants! <3

Angella

Too cute! I personally would be in favor of the semi-limited release since I can't wait one of this :) Have you thought of a name for them yet?

xenon

I actually haven't yet. xD I was thinking I'd do some opening games, including a name-contest, since I've been pretty well stumped for them. XD;

xenon

...oh, there are no words to describe my frustration right now. It's... ...very very high. I just spent about two hours poking at shading problems and making them right and then I did some experimentation to try and make a few other things look better and it didn't work and I forgot to save.

Unhappy. So unhappy.

But! I managed to press on and work through the gggrrraaagh, and the female is done. Please, let me know what you think - I thought the thicker lines were kinda fun. <3

Without the lines, for comparison.. I can't decide how I'm gonna end up doing it, because GIMP doesn't seem to be able to handle the thicker lines, and that's the program I'm gonna be stuck with for most of the summer. >>; I might be able to make it happen somehow, it'll just take some experimenting.

Comments? Concerns? Let me knooow. <3

Ryuukokoro

What a great finished product! I especially like the coloring job there.

I do agree that the thicker lines are better, it sets off the details inside the outline, I think (does that make sense?) But if you're going to have trouble getting a program that works with the lines then hmm... well I'd probably go with what's easiest.

sera

*Steals her and hides her in her closet!!!* hehe She's GORGEOUS, Chaolove! <3 Wow!

The thicker outline looks kindof cool, but makes me think of an art piece rather than an adoptable. ^^ 

Sorry you had so many problems. T__T

In other news (utterly unrelated): i started on the Pride Page and am having some problems getting my design down, but i am working on it! <#333

xenon

What might end up happening is that the thinner outlines is used just for the adoptie, and the thicker outline is used for the picture that goes with the cert, or something like that - if I can get that sort of setup to work, that is. XD Like I said, I'll try experimenting more with modifying the outline to make the thick lines work before I do anything else.

YourLoveOnly

I loooove the look of the thicker outline!

xenon

\o_O/?

The Sirena is just a placeholder for the time being. Thanks to Solistia for the amazing cert. <333

red_uni387

Goddesss

I want I want I want!!!!!!!!

YourLoveOnly

Wantwantwantwantwantwantwant.. Okay, I think I made my point now XD

Garney

Thems a-frickin-dorable *-*