News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Feli] Another who should I breed next thread!

Started by jojo, January 19, 2011, 11:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

I got this cute boy, Ray, and I want to breed some new longhairs!

However, I only have two females, and I'm not sure which one to pick.

I bred Maybelle last time, so I'm curious to see what Tyrian's babies will look like. However, I'm a little worried that bright purple and bright yellow might not go together well... but then I keep switching back to thinking that it actually might look really pretty. I don't know! What do you guys think?

YourLoveOnly

I think Maybelle's tabby is really really gorgeous and would be great on longhairs. I also prefer her colors over Tyrian, but with another boy I would like to see Tyrian have babies as well. But for this pairing, defenitely Maybelle.

CutieePiee

Maybelle, definitely! I'm predicting a pretty orangey brown color. I agree with YLO, the tabby would be stunning on longhairs!

Keilin Alyr

I have a feeling most of Ray's future kittens are going to be bright, if Oriana's influence on Aaron's subdued peach coloration was any indication. Yellow is not a subtle color. XD

That being said, Maybelle's 1st position black swatch might lead to some interesting kittens with Ray's bright yellow-gold, and I'll echo that I adore her markings. Also, I imagine some kittens would inherit Maybelle's odd-eyes, which would be awesome if that trait shows up in a longhaired kitten.

Though I have bred together a dark royal blue and a rusty orange and have gotten a lovely though unexpected pair of lilac kittens. I wonder if royal purple (by the way, I love her name... Tyrian purple) and bright gold might do something similar?

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Ryuukokoro

I think purple and yellow, being opposite each other on the color wheel, might also produce some nutral gray or brown colorings, so they might turn out to be pretty natural colored babies. ^^

I would still go with Maybelle though. She's so pretty!

jojo

I think I'll compromise by going with Maybelle this round then breeding my Arrakis with Tyrian next round to see what happens when a bright yellow kitty and a purple kitty breed 8D

Problem solved! Thanks Secundi!

Keilin Alyr

Sounds like a plan, Jojo! =)

Though it makes me a little sad that either Ray or Arrakis wasn't female. They would have made an awesome couple. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

jojo

I agree!! When I looked into my owner folder the first time today, that was my first instinct... but then I realized that they were both male and I was disappointed. XD