News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Anima Adoption Agency - Secundi Branch?

Started by Solistia, January 21, 2011, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solistia

Anima Adoption Agency, more commonly called AAA, is an adoptable I started about 6 months ago which has pretty much taken up my adoptable life to run and art for XD
While it is available on PI, it's main source are the people that have congregated on the forums of the AAA website (which is open to all! so long as you're not a spambot XD). It is due to the small but thriving community on the forums that AAA has achieved the success it has. There are many events which occur only on the forums, and rarely are there events only on PI (most run concurrently across all locations). If secundi is interested, I would also like to offer a branch here as PI has, and if there is enough interest, perhaps some Secundi-only events =D

AAA is a unique art adoptable, which currently has 3 staff members who also function as the artists (myself, xenon, and CrystalAngelNeko [who recently came to Secundi, yay!]). Three are 4 stages of growth, each having different requirements to grow.
The first stage is the Collar, which you just hang onto for a week, then it becomes a Youngling. From here on it gets harder.
After becoming a Youngling, you must be active for 30 days to get it to grow to the Adolescent stage. This doesn't have to be all at once, it can be a few days here, a few days there (http://aaa.lasolistia.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.0 this thread explains how activity works).
And finally, to go from Adolescent to Young Adult, you are required to RP. Roughly 100 formal posts (though there are certain variable such as length of posts, and formal or informal RP).

For more indepth information, please visit the "About AAA" on the webpage http://aaa.lasolistia.com

The only reason I hesitate to branch out to Secundi is because of the Adolescent and Young Adult requirements. While secundi is a nice and relaxed community, it seems that unless there are events going on in an adoptable, people don't generally hang out in the threads. I also don't see too many people that RP here (though the ones that do seem to have already found AAA because of a certain user*coughYLOandPMcough*).

And just recently the staff have come to an agreement on a new rule, that if a companion is won in an event, and sees no activity for 6 months, it may be repossessed (or very minimal activity in 6 months will get you a nudge). This does NOT include ones that are paid for (if you paid for it, it's yours, even if you're never around, no matter what real or virtual currency is used).

If you feel you can't meet the requirements, there is always the option to purchase a waiver, either through real currency, bribe, or the muny system on the AAA forums.

So if you have any questions or comments, please post here!

Solistia

And some example image of existing companions:

Sunchaser

I wanna see them here :) And if your looking for help *waves hand* i need things to take up my time as im a stay at home wife :-p

YourLoveOnly

Yay I spy a Celine!

And give PM some credit, she helps drag people over too <3

but yes, do want, do want, bring them here!

Solistia

(fixed that for you YLO! XD gave PM some shine time too!)

CrystalAngelNeko

*waives* Yes artist here! Totally would love to hear all of your opinions and know if you want us <3

Solistia

hiyo Crystal! ^o^

Also, for those worried about the repossession rule, I will be honest. I hate repossessing pets, I will first do everything within my power to get you to come back and be active (or at least participate a little). We put a lot of work into each companion, and want to see you enjoying them! (whether just chatting with other users or actually Role Playing :3), and when you win a companion for free, you earn them by continuing to hanging around and chill with us :3 We just want to see that you're thinking about them and that they're not forgotten! (if these were templated pets, I wouldn't even have a repossession rule, but because they're unique art, I feel they deserve at least a little attention from you if you win). And again, this doesn't apply to any companions that are paid for (whether bribe, custom, auctions, raffles, anything like that).

ETA: Also, this ONLY applies to Younglings, once you have reached the Adolescent stage, your companion will never be rehomed :3 (we know not everyone likes to RP, so just hanging out with us for a month will ensure your free event companion will always stay with you!)

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Solistia on January 21, 2011, 06:47:14 PM

ETA: Also, this ONLY applies to Younglings, once you have reached the Adolescent stage, your companion will never be rehomed :3 (we know not everyone likes to RP, so just hanging out with us for a month will ensure your free event companion will always stay with you!)

I was pretty concerned about this new repossession rule, only because I know how RL can rear it's ugly head sometimes and drag someone away from online. And since I can't afford to pay for Companions, almost all of mine are won in events and would be in danger of being rehomed if anything were to happen to me for some time... >.>

Not that I plan to be that distracted from the 'net for that length of time, it's more like I now have this feeling of it hanging over my head all the time like a dark cloud.

However I think this is a good compromise, making it so that only Younglings are rehomed. That way people have to put in a solid effort to be active on the forum, which solves the problem of inactive users, but the feeling of "danger" hanging overhead to someone like me is only a temporary one until the Adolescent stage is reached. A great compromise to a sticky situation, I think. :)

Neocridders

Plase please please come to secundi!!! Pllleeease???
I will stalk so much!

red_uni387

PonyMama

I know how I feel, three places to love on Companions!

My 6 with the 7th on the way, I think are not quite enough, my brain got flooded with possible future companions

got to love the RP

and looky, my Wonderfully beautiful Hasili in all his glory, showing himself off.  Isn't he just gorgeous.  But hands off girls, he likes boys

Keilin Alyr

I'm a bit of a weird person. I rarely feel comfortable doing much other than lurking in forums that I'm unfamiliar with, even if I know most of the member-base from elsewhere. Maybe a few Secundi-exclusive events or Secundi-hosted roleplays would familiarize me enough with the adoption that I might be more likely to wander on over to the official forums.

Hopefully I'm not the only one? Sometimes I feel a little strange admitting that, especially given just how many cyberpet/adoptable communities I've been a part of the past few years. But this all looks very interesting, and the artwork is beautiful. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

toffeeca

I agree with Keilin. I have heard a ton about AAA and the artwork is lovely, but to jump into a new community is scary, especially when it is already set up and you become the "new person". Also I have never RPed so if I were to try my hand at it I don't think I would be comfortable in a community that I don't know.

PonyMama

Well good thing about it is that you don't generally start out with a companion.  Many start out with a human character.  Companions must be bribed or won in an event or plain old bought, other then that it is just a human character you may use, or elf, I think there is another approved.

You can ask any of the people that you know who have a companion or knowledge of the community to try and set up a RP with you to get you comfortable, and even learn a few helpful pointers.

I am not very good, but I try my darndest, I can RP with you, teach you some simple things and get you integrated into AAA community, but just like Secundi is a community, there is always a new guy

Solistia

I think you'll find out community LOVES new blood! =D We have no problem helping to introduce people to the community and how it works :3 (and actually a lot of times, newbies get help or gifts in events from oldbies to help them start out at AAA with their first companion =D). There are a lot of people willing to help answer questions, and address any issues or concerns you might have. Even silly little questions are not frowned upon!
Our users have currently developed an FAQ that my staff and I are slowly chugging through, which will hopefully make it easier for new users to get the information they need!

I think one of the nice things about RPing at AAA, if you're really looking to RP, is that you do not need a companion to start RPing in the world. All sorts of player characters are welcome.

And for people just looking to hang out, we have some nice chatterbox threads where you can just talk about anything! =D

But I think some of the Secundi AAA users would be all to happy to set up a nice formal or informal RP to get everyone acquainted should they so desire =D

ETA: Also, the world is not yet complete, and the staff take users suggestions on new additions to the world all the time (including player character races and such)! So don't feel you have to be limited (just remember it's a science-based world, not magic)

PonyMama

Teee Heeee
I just pictures Pale with Fairy wings and  wand *Poof*

hahahahahaha *falls out of chair laughing*

Ryuukokoro

I would be happy to start a small, informal RP in the proper section here on Secundi for anyone who wanted to get to know some characters and/or the AAA world a little more before moving over to the AAA RP forums. ^_^ Just let me know!

Midnight Phantom

mental image of Pale with fairy wings is disturbing XD

PonyMama

Not disturbing Hilarious!

Disturbing is him prancing around sprinkling us with pixie dust and waving his wand around

Midnight Phantom

YourLoveOnly

Oooh yes I wanna do an AAA RP on secundi! Approve! Approve! *drags Ryuu to RP forum*

Sunchaser

lol i always love to rp hence why im running the Chimaera rp. And i just started my first one on teh AAA forums. You can always prod me to rps :)