News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] Help checking genetic strings?

Started by Winged, March 26, 2011, 12:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

I've just done genetic strings for my quin :) Can someone check them, and say if they're correct?

Hala
E? A? cc rr dd gg ww ll(??) tt Oo(pp) Z? ??

Ereth'fela
ee ?a cc rr dd gg ww ll(??) T?(possibly TT) oo(??) ff ?z ??

Creslath
?e ?? ?? ?? ?? G? ww ??(??) tt oo(??) ?? ??

Bishe
E? Aa cc rr dd gg ww ll(??) tt oo(??) zz ??

Yiaeilliin
E? aa cc rr dd gg ww ll(??) tt oo(??) zz ??

Lisen'verana
E? aa cc rr dd gg ww ll(??) tt oo(P?) zz ??

Thanks for any help! Also, thanks to YLO for answering my questions as i was getting the first few together.
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

Creslath is ?e Gg and Lisen'verana is oo(P?).

ETA: Also, I'm confused as to how Hala could be silver dapple bay since her dam is buckskin and her sire is bay?  Only chestnuts, grays and whites can mask silver dapple...

Winged

Thanks for letting me know about Creslath. I'm not quite sure how Lisen has oo(P?) I know he has a foal who is frame overo, but doesn't that come from the mare?
Ah no! She is my favourite of all my quin, it would be so horrible if she had to be changed :(
Owner of Gliders!

Keilin Alyr

Frame overo is Oo (PP). In order for Windien's foal to be frame overo itself, it needs P from one parent and P from another, hence why Lisen is oo (P-). The new frame overo foal didn't receive both of her genes from her mother. =)

And I was questioning Hala myself when she was first released, but it kept slipping my mind to actually ask anything. No harm in it now, I guess. *shrugs*

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Winged

Well i figure that it doesn't matter so much by now cos she's grown up, and it's over two months since she was bred. Besides, it's only some silver dapples and there was a load of heavily gened BC foals this year, so i don't think it matters so much now?
Owner of Gliders!

TheLeet

I don't think it matters much now so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :)

springacres

I wouldn't either, come to that.  It was just something I noticed and thought I'd comment on.

ETA: And as you mentioned, with all the heavily gened foals born this season it's not that big of a deal anyway.

toffeeca

I was wondering about Hala myself. And I don't think its a matter of people wanting your pretty to get changed, Winged, she is just an abnormality and it would also help the owners of Hala's parents to know if she was just a fluke or if something else happened with the parent's genetic strings/descriptions. I'm sure if Silv did say that Hala's silver dapple was a mistake and you told her that you did not want her to be changed that she wouldn't, since you have fallen in love with her like this :)

Winged

Hmm, i just had a thought. If Lisen has oo(P?) because of one of his foals shows frame overo, where did his P gene come from? There is currently no overo gene in friesians so he can't have got it from the BC stallion can he? Or is it because it doesn't show on him that he can have... I'm confused  ??? It's not a big deal though.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

P and N determine the pattern type of Overo and Appaloosa, not the actual gene. O and L make overo and appaloosa show, P and N determine what type. So even if it doesn't show it still has the genetics to determine what type it is.

Winged

Ah, okay :) Thanks for telling me. I thought it might be something like that, just wasn't sure.
Owner of Gliders!

Silvanon

I looked into it, it turns out that Grace is in fact a silver dapple buckskin.  She's just one of those cases where the lightening effect is so minimal that you visually can't tell she's got silver dapple.  I'll update her description.

springacres

Ooh, I bet Sunny will be happy to hear that :3

Winged

Owner of Gliders!