News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TheKennel- Which breed should I choose?

Started by Mutt, May 24, 2011, 11:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

Seeing as TheKennel has returned I'd very much like to get a custom of my dog Violet once tags are being taken again.

But as of yet there are no German Pointers in TheKennel, so I'm deciding which breed to make her (if German Pointers are ever made I'll likely create a second version of Violet as a German Pointer XD)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/091/4/f/violet_by_ranshii-d3d049u.png
This is Violet (linked cause the image is long), she's German Shorthaired Pointer X German Wirehaired Pointer X Mastiff mix.

While I was coloring my Bloodhound litter I couldn't resist making this up quickly to see what she might look like as a Bloodhound (I hope that's okay with TheKennel)

Other breeds I am considering are:
Mastiff (cause she's part Mastiff)
and English Setter (cause they have that scruffy look about them)
suggestions of other breeds are most welcome :)

I'd love to hear peoples opinions on which breed to make her so I can make up my mind before tag its are being accepted :)

springacres

You could always just do what I plan to and get several different versions of her in different breeds.  My dog is a mix too (Lab x Coonhound x ??)  so she has the Lab build, head shape, ear shape and general type with the Coonhound jowls, voice and tail shape, and she got her sable coloring, herding instincts and slight tail curl from somewhere so I suspect there's some German Shepherd in her background as well.

Not a very good picture, but you can see the curve of her tail
Showing off that hound head

And her as a Lab:

Edit: I plan on eventually getting her as a Bloodhound, and maybe a Coonhound if that breed ever joins the Kennel's roster.  :)  But if you only want to get your dog in one version, I would go with English Setter - based on the pictures you showed, it looks the closest in terms of outline.

YourLoveOnly

Same, I'd say English Setter. The build seems similair enough and I agree the coat type matches well too.

And aww, such lovely dogs here!

Mutt

Thanks for the help guys, I think English Setter has been bumped up to the top of the list, I could use a lineart edit with a tag too so if I choose English Setter I might just have her made with a little fuzz around the muzzle for her 'beard' XD