News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Fables: Herd 2, come here!

Started by Kahlira, June 20, 2011, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kahlira

What we need: A place for us to discuss things.. I'm hoping this is the right place, as it's all about help, right?

What else do we need: A leader. The rules state:   To start a herd, one must choose a dominant, a leader.  That leader will be responsible for everyone in the herd as well as many other things yet to be listed.  However, the leader will choose a right-hand man so to speak to help with the responsibilities.
Another note: However, the herd LEADER will choose what terrain that square will become.  The Fables create their world...  It is essential to remember this.

(It doesn't say the leader has to be a stally) At least I don't think so.

Let ya know right now, Julianna is not leader material, nor right hand man material. She'd rather go chase butterflies, or stare at the trees.

Glass -CrystalAngelNeko (Frozen River)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/S3-1.png

Blood Noir -BKC (Sargtlin)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/S4-1.png

Jinx - Kahlira (Julianna)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/M3-1.png

Congo -Ravv (Shara)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/M5-1.png

Xanadu - Ryuu (White Walker)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/M6-1.png

Spixy (Unnamed)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/M8.png

Ryuu won and extra square of land for her herd<~~Yay for Ryuu!

BabyKittenCandy

We are here :)

Maybe a vote on a leader, unless someone wishes to step up?  My boy is... well, his name means Warrior...

Kahlira

Sweet =D

I'm so not putting my gal up for leader position though XD

And a name! We need a name too. It should mean something awesome. *runs to google*

ETA: and Google takes me to one of my new favorite naming sites. For Native American names and such. Won't hurt my feelings none if none of these names are chosen, I give a variety, since just one would be boring. Feel free to post your own suggestions!

My own personal favorite is... Howahkan (the meaning is cool)or Keme (short and sweet)

Adahy~Algonquin for "Lives in the woods"
Aponivi~Hopi for "where the wind blows down the gap"
CHAVATANGAKWUNUA: Hopi name meaning "short rainbow.
Howahkan~Sioux for "Of the mysterious voice"
Istu~Sugar
Keme~Algonquin for "Secret"
Napayshni~Sioux~Strong, couragous
Taima~Thunder
Takoda~Algonquin~Friend to everyone
Magaskawee~Sioux for Graceful
Onida~The one searched for
Sokanon~Rain

Ravvana

Regardless of Shara's possible qualifications, I don't think *I* am leader material, since I've never owned a Fable or participated in a RP adoptable before XD Shara can be the "right hand mare" if nobody else steps up, though :)

For names, my favorites of Kah's are Apovini, Onida, and Sokanon. I think Apovini may be my favorite... but does anyone else have suggestions, too? :)

Ryuukokoro

Ooo Kahlira, you are so organized!! Ryuu loves it!

I would like to not put forth my own girl for herd leader (if mares can in fact lead) because my other girl from PI, Golden Day, is insisting on being a leader lol. So I don't want to be greedy and lead two herds. XD;; So I cast my vote for whichever Fable wants to lead!!

Ooo those are some good suggestions for herd names! I dunno, I like Sokanon, just because it's fun to say. XD;; Howahkan has a pretty meaning but my brain is all awkwardly trying to pronounce it.

What do we want our herd goal to be? To build a giant herd with lots of members, or to have the most land and get tons of goodies? X3 White Walker tells me she is quiet and just kinda drifts along, like snowfall, so I think she will go along with anything, as long as other Fables are friendly. ^^

Ravvana

If someone more experienced will help me get my bearings at the start, Shara will nominate herself as a herd leader candidate :)

If Shara does become leader, I have some other herd name suggestions >D Shara was named after a character in a Rune Factory game, so perhaps the herd could be named after one of the Rune Factory towns? The four towns are Kardia, Alvarna, Sharance, or Trampoli. (Letting my inner geek shine! ;))

Ryuukokoro

Rav: Luv may correct me, but from my memory, this is the first event that actually has the Fable plot set in motion. Before now, the events on PI were your standard intro games, pick-a-door, etc. So you are as knowledgeable as any of us! XD

Kahlira

I am so not organized, I forgot some stuff, like ya pointed out.. Goals! I say we should strive for awesomeness XD

Hrm.. I like Trampoli. That one sounds fun =D

BabyKittenCandy

Well Rav, you are in the same boat as me :) Ive never owed one either. I do adore RP though, have been a RP co-ordinator for Gypies, RP my Lupines and other bits, so I have a lil exp in RP. I wouldnt say im great but I enjoy it.

For herd names I think I would like somet either fantasy to fit with the theme of the adopt or from the ones Kah picked I do like:

Howahkan~Sioux for "Of the mysterious voice"
Keme~Algonquin for "Secret"
Onida~The one searched for
Sokanon~Rain

Im thinking if we went for the first one, we could work that out into the RP side somehow? Maybe our leader is a spiritualist guided by a voice only she can hear?

CrystalAngelNeko

Frozen River, Frost for short, would like to nominate himself as herd leader! ^.^ He's a little thick headed and a bit tough, but he's a worker and cares for his other herd mates <3

He would like to expand the herds land a bit before gaining new members. As he sees it, to many fables cramped in one spot wouldn't be a great thing. It would be best to have the land to populate first.

And for herd names, I'm totally digging Trampoli <3 (Frost thinks it sounds cool and tough)

Ryuukokoro

White Walker votes Frost for herd leader and Shara for second in command! With 'make more land' as our primary goal and 'awesomeness' as our secondary. XD (For full effect, please read the end of that sentence the way Po does in Kung Fu Panda) <3

Trampoli sounds like trampoline to me, but I'll go with it. *giggle!*

Ravvana

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on June 20, 2011, 02:45:16 PM
White Walker votes Frost for herd leader and Shara for second in command! With 'make more land' as our primary goal and 'awesomeness' as our secondary. XD (For full effect, please read the end of that sentence the way Po does in Kung Fu Panda) <3

Trampoli sounds like trampoline to me, but I'll go with it. *giggle!*

That all sounds great to me :)

BabyKittenCandy

Sarg doesnt care much for the name Trampoli, but yeah.. looks like others like it so...

CrystalAngelNeko

I guess we really need to wait for step two to figure out whats going on eh?

Ravvana

Step 2 info is up! :)

Are we decided to have Frost as herd leader and Shara as second in command? Or do more people want to weigh in?

For our herd name, I picked out the ones that at least 2 people liked. Any other thoughts? I personally like Trampoli and Sokanon best, so I'd be happy with either of those...

Howahkan (2), Keme (2), Onida (2), Sokanon (3), Trampoli (3)

Spixy

I like Keme and Sokanon

and Hydroxide is fine with Frost as leader and Shara as second-in-command. 8D

BabyKittenCandy

Well, Sarg is happy to have Frost lead, he doesnt mind Shara in second but says he can also step up if needed.

Maybe we can take a Vote on names? I like the ones I posted above best...

Ryuukokoro

My Votes:

Leader: Frost
SC: Shara
Herd name: Sokanon (1st choice), Trampoli (2nd choice)

CrystalAngelNeko

Frost: .... -stomps his hooved foreleg to get attention from the herd- Then it is settled! The Name of our herd will be Sokanon! -nickers- And Shara will be my second in command. Now... Please, everyone say 'here' so I might get the order for the list of prizes.

OOC: now... if anyone is unhappy with that, please speak up and say so~ Frost just likes to get things moving!

Ravvana

*Shara nods her head in agreement*

BabyKittenCandy

Ryuukokoro

Kahlira

Julianna: *with a toss of her forelock, and a shake of her head* oh here, sir! *a tiny little giggle emits*

((Sorry, I've been a bit distracted))

Ravvana

Everyone, go check out Step 3! :) Shara claimed C5 as a land square just so Sokanon could go first XD;;

Shara: *whinnies to get the herd's attention* We need to decide if we want to focus more on land or water (or have a pretty even split), and where exactly we want our herd to live. Frost and I are going to be in charge of claiming territory for now, but everyone should give their input <3 Sokanon does mean "rain," so maybe our herd will do better with more water? Or is land better from a strategic standpoint?

Ryuukokoro

White Walker: Our herd will need both strong growing grass and water to survive so... an even split, perhaps?

Kahlira

Julianna: Oh yes, both land and water are good, so long as we have both, it should be ok? Though maybe we'd need just a tad bit more land then water. Then there's more room for butterfly chasing! Though, I also enjoy watching the fishies from the crystal clear water.

BabyKittenCandy

Ravvana

We start out with 7 squares (yay Ryuu!), so maybe 4:3 land to water, or 5:2?

Ryuukokoro

Oh yeah, odd number so no even split. XD;;

I'd say 4:3. ^_^

CrystalAngelNeko

Ravvana

Yeah, Shara likes 4:3, too :) Now... do we want all of our squares to be together, or do we want a spread all over the map?

Kahlira

Would it make more sense for them to be together, that way we don't go over "enemy territory" to say, get to the water?

Ravvana

Here's the map:

We have C5 and C6 as land. If we get 2 more land squares and 3 more water squares, where should they be? I think it would be good to run up against a border, so maybe something like A7/B7/C7 as water, A6/B6 as land? Then we'd have sort of a river running next to our land...

Kahlira

Ryuukokoro

CrystalAngelNeko

Frost: With the square that we just happen to win, I was thinking that we should try to connect our land, either by getting d4, d5, d6 or d6, e6, e5. This way we don't have random land floating between uncharted land... as for our water, with this new direction, if we choose the first option, I suggest that we try to loop around our land with d7, e7, e6. 

With the second option, I feel its a bit open... but we could get d5, d4, c4...

Kahlira

Yay us! We're such winners and such XD

And Ryuu has started a RP, since we should so do that too, and (hopefully) have it active-ish?

I've put my little blurb down on Julianna, except I forgot one pretty important thing, she'd like to be called Juli or Anna, or Julianna. She responds to everything (Easier to remember). Hrm.. Yeah, c'mon herd! Full herd participation are awesome! We can do it! Go team!

Luv007

You can edit until the end time if you would like, Kahlira.  I'm so excited.  This is so much fun to run....

Kahlira

Sweet =D

And Yay us again! Another square, another member!

Ravvana

We still have four claims for our original herd members <3 Three ideas:

1. I like Crystal's idea of getting D4, D5, D6, and (my addition) C4 -- with maybe D6 as water
2. D5, D6, E5, E6 -- with maybe D6 as water
3. D6, E5, E6, E7 -- with E7 as water (river!) -- poss. my favorite

That would always be 6 land, 3 water. Thoughts?

And welcome to our new member! :)

Kahlira

CrystalAngelNeko

How about D5, D6, E5, E6 with D6 and E6 as water so we have a nice 5:4?

Ravvana

Quote from: CrystalAngelNeko on June 27, 2011, 08:59:18 PM
How about D5, D6, E5, E6 with D6 and E6 as water so we have a nice 5:4?

I like that, too :)

Kahlira

Now there are jobs besides leaders and co-leaders.  They are builders, protectors, and Midwives.

Julianna doesn't have the brains to be a builder (maths confuse her, she can't add 2 and 2 together and get the same number twice in a row) and erm, border protection, she's not so good at that either  (easily distracted)

If she's to take a job, I would rather it be a midwife, though it'd be ok with me if ya'll wanted her as say, the borderer (Just hope it's while nothing happens) or a builder (Though no guarantees the building will be stable)

Ravvana

Shara is pretty busy being second in command, but she can pitch in elsewhere if allowed :)

River is intelligent but somewhat lacking in physical strength. So she couldn't build the buildings, but she would be excellent at drawing up plans for them and supervising their construction. So I guess she'll volunteer as a builder, if nobody expects her to do the grunt work XD She would also do fine as a midwife, although there already seem to be several volunteers for that post. Or border protector, but she might find that tedious after awhile; not as much logic required as planning buildings.

BabyKittenCandy

Sarg would be ideal for border protection, its what he is built for. :)  Summer is a bit young and ditsy to take a job yet.

Ryuukokoro

Those sound good! ^^ White Walker will be a builder, then. So we can have one in each of the new jobs, at least.

Pinkshadow

Zack would love to take the job of an protector (:

Wildfilly94

Estella would be fine with being a Midwife. Shes no good at building and protection, when she hasn't been able to protect herself much. Shes more the clumsy type. XD

Wildfilly94

As for the grid slots, I don't really care where you pick them. But It'd be nice if they were away from the other herd. Water to land ratio, I vote 3:3