News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Fables: Herd 1, look over here!

Started by Neocridders, June 20, 2011, 03:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Hey everyone! I figure it would be good to figure out some important stuff regarding our herd.

QuoteStep 2:

I am going to give everyone until Friday, June 24th to send in the following form:
(If all forms are sent in by Tuesday morning, I will process them then.  Otherwise, I will be out of town Tues/Wed/Thurs.)

Herd Name:
Herd Leader:
Herd Members:

Step 3:

I will post the grid and we will run a game for claiming territory.  This is a larger part of the experiment seeing as I haven't quite decided how land will be distributed.  Give me a few days and I will come up with some more info on this.  I have doodles throughout my notebook, and a grid ready to use, but my brain is too jumbled to put this together.  (My bonus/step-boys who I haven't seen since last Sept will be here Tues and I am tearing the house up trying to get their rooms perfect and the holiday stuff, easter baskets, christmas stockings and whatnot, all pretty for them.)

This step is also the one within which we will learn about herd heiarchy in an attempt to set some rules.  I can't play this out alone, so I am asking for you help... hence the free event.  Whomevers herd proves to function best and provides the most guidelines for us to go by in this adoptable shall win a prize... which will probably be more squares of land (which includes the prizes) and maybe a custom for each of the herd memebers.  No promises, but we'll see.

Step 4:

Winners Will Be Posted Here!!

We've already finished step 1, so I didn't really put that here.

Ok, we need to get things figured out, or we'll all lose our fables. Wouldn't that be sad :(

Anyway, I think first thing's first - who should our leader be?

Our Herd (#1)

EvanescentHowling's Toxic Drift

red_uni387's Haze

springacres's Smoke 'n Mirrors

Goddesss's Bella

Pinkshadow's Ina

Neocridders's Jinx

Neocridders

Leader Nominations:
-Jinx

Second in Command Nominations:
-Haze

Feel free to keep nominating!

Neocridders

Name Nominations:
(Everyone should post a few name ideas to bounce around)

Marbled Secrets

Ryuukokoro

You could be called the Marble Herd, almost everyone in it has that marbled coloring! :3

Uh, this isn't my herd, I just like looking at Fables and the idea popped into my head. Sorry. >.> *sneaks back out*

Neocridders

:) No worries. Thanks for the idea. I noticed that too. All those pretty marble fables.

springacres

I get the feeling Smoke 'n Mirrors would make a better follower than leader, but she might be willing to lead if no one else steps forward.

Neocridders

Oh, I forgot, there is also a right hand man to the leader. But it might be good to find a leader first and then find someone who will mesh well with the leader? :) But if anyone wants to be 'leadership' but not the 'leader' they can say they can say they are interested in being the second in command.

Jinx is interested in being a leader. But I didn't want to start the thread and say 'Hey now, I want Jinx to be leader. Because I made the thread and that's what I say and what should happen'. XD So... no. But Jinx thinks (lol rhyme) she has what it takes.

Of course, I want to hear what everyone else thinks.

^^

Goddesss

Bella doesnt want to be leader.  I nominate Jinx since Jinx wants it XD

red_uni387

pfft Haze is the only one without marble coloring XD He's more a follower, but tries his hardest to help out as much as possible, so he might be good for second in command ^^

Pinkshadow

Goddesss

I support haze being second in command,

springacres

I support Jinx as leader since I recall thinking she might make a good one even before Neo brought it up lol :)

springacres

And for herd name.... I dunno why, the name Marbled Secrets just sorta popped into my head.

Neocridders

I do agree this herd was founded upon a bunch of marbled fables. So the name would fit.

Once we get word from EvanescentHowling, we can decide who we want as the group's leader, and I suppose the right hand man too.
:)

And yeah, keep coming up with name ideas, or if you like one posted already go ahead and say you like it.

red_uni387

oohh i like Marbled Secrets as the name! :D

Goddesss

I think Marbled Secrets is good too

Pinkshadow

Yup i second that and i like that name too :D

EvanescentHowling

Sorry everyone for late reply! I love the name, it fits really well! I support Jinx as leader as well and for second in command I support Haze but if he ever resigns for that spot I'll be here in case I would need to fill it :)

Neocridders

Ok. Quote this and say yes underneath it if you are ok with this. If you'd prefer something else, please say no and state what you'd rather have!!

Herd Name: Marbled Secrets
Herd Leader: Jinx
Herd Members: Haze (second in command),
Toxic Drift,
Smoke n' Mirrors,
Bella,
Ina

If you agree, just quote and say yes. If you don't, quote and say no and explain.

Thank yyou guys!

Goddesss

QuoteHerd Name: Marbled Secrets
Toxic Drift,
Smoke n' Mirrors,
Bella,
Ina

If you agree, just quote and say yes. If you don't, quote and say no and explain.

Yes I agree

red_uni387

Quote from: Neocridders on June 22, 2011, 05:59:06 PM
Ok. Quote this and say yes underneath it if you are ok with this. If you'd prefer something else, please say no and state what you'd rather have!!

Herd Members: Haze (second in command)
Toxic Drift
Smoke n' Mirrors
Bella
Ina

yes~

springacres

Toxic Drift,
Smoke n' Mirrors,
Bella,
Ina

Thank yyou guys!

Yes.

Pinkshadow

Toxic Drift,
Smoke n' Mirrors,
Bella,
Ina

Thank yyou guys!

I support this :D

Neocridders

Aaaand, I believe EvanescentHowling supports for sure sinc she just posted a day ago.
I'm posting the form now. Thanks everyone!!

Good teamwork

Neocridders

Ok. Jinx and Haze can post claims for land now.

What does everyone think? Water is useful for hydration, land is helpful for grazing. We should get both, I think. I am thinking 3 land, 3 water.

Land makes your herd stronger. Water makes it have more stamina.
So, do we want to be strong, or do we want stamina? I think it would be benificial to have atleast one of each, at the very least.

Also, where on the board do we want to claim?
Hmmm?

Pinkshadow

Goddesss

Neocridders

I have claimed land in G1.
So where should we go with that? What next?

red_uni387

i think the pieces should be pretty close together, to make it more of a territory ^^

Neocridders

I agree. I picked the spot I did because it seemed safe. It was in a corner, away from any other territories, and no one can surround us. Which could be good.

I would hope we would get along with other herds.

And if people can take over territories not their own already, having a bunch together might be good so we will all be together and we will all be able to defend our one large chunk and not lots of smaller ones.

However, in the future, it might also be benificial to have 1 area not in the main herd, just for backup. So if we ever need to 'relocate' due to any natural disasters or whatever (if that's all even possible), we'll have a 'home away from home'.

XD Just some thoughts.

springacres

I like the way you're thinking, Neo, about keeping our territories close together to make it easier to defend as a group.  However we need to think also about where we'd like the water to be in our territory.  Maybe think about a way to have it make a border somehow?

Neocridders

Ooh, excellent point. That way we can have a defined territory. But since we probably aspire to get more herd members, we may need to wait until we get more territory spaces so we can have more land/water :)

Neocridders

Everyone should go post the survey to win terrain! :D

Ravvana

Don't forget that it's your turn to claim a square of territory <3

Neocridders

Thanks Ravv.
Sorry, we were trying to figure stuff out.

Should we make a boundary now? Or should we wait until we get more land ?

I mean, right now if we get f1 as land, we can do e1, f2, g3 as water? (I'm trying toremember off the top of my head, so I may be wrong on exact coordinates...)

But it would be a line, only it will not have the same thickness, so some spots might be 'weak' spots if that's how it's looked at, and if say we are on a chessboard and we can attack diagonally as well as forward, it might be dangerous, since the water would not cover the diagonals completely.

... I'm just worrying I'm sure.
What does everyone else think?

springacres

Wouldn't hurt to start a boundary now, I suppose.

Neocridders

Ok. I'll go ahead and get another piece of land. Since they are waiting on us XD

Neocridders

Pinkshadow

((Sorry for being so absent atm, but i have some personal problems))