News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Hummingbirds - Updated!

Started by SkySong, August 02, 2011, 08:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

I'm interested in running a shop since I all of a sudden have plenty of time on my hands, and I got inspiration to draw this.

The shading is heavily based off of Solistia's style, and if anybody has a problem with it, I'll change it.

The dark one is the male, the other the female. There will be an egg stage that I haven't bothered sketching up yet, and I may do some items as well. But I want a name for them other than 'Hummingbirds', so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. If I do use a name that you guys come up with, I'll give you a custom whatever-they're-gonna-be.

I'd also like it if someone could come up with a cert, and I'll give a custom for the one I pick, too. If you do decide to make a cert for these, please include Name, Owner, Id, Wild or Bred, Parent Ids, and gender.

And of course, constructive criticism is lovely.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

Beautiful!!  The first thing I can think of is how I would love to see one colored up like the little hummingbird in Pocahotas.

SkySong

Well, I imagine this

is what it'd look like without shading.

Luv007

That is precious!!  I love the concept.  And you are a wonderful artist!!  I'm sorry I can't offer some shading help, but I fail terribly at shading!  I would love to see these turned into an adoptable though!!

Ryuukokoro

SkySong

Glad I have your support, luv. x3
Thanks, Ryuu!

Kahlira

Luv007

Me too, Kah!!  And I forgot his name.  So cute!

SkySong

*Is happy* Thanks, you three!

Rosewood

I would love to help you color, and I could give I could try doing the shading as well if you would like, though I have never done birds before, so do not know how well it would turn out. You can PM me if you are interested, but I have to leave right now.

SkySong

Thanks for the offer, Rosewood!

skysnolimit

SkyySooonnggg

These are beautiful.  I missed your art.  ^^

-Reptile Girl

SkySong

The only other art I've posted here were before I got my tablet, and to be honest weren't that good. But I'm glad you like them!

SkySong

If it's not too much trouble... Could you guys come and look over here again?

Kahlira

OHH! the Humdingers XD (I love that word)

Definition of Humdinger: a person, thing, action, or statement of remarkable excellence or effect.

wildnightblazer

Those are beautiful! You should call them... Nectarines ;D.

SkySong

Awww, I love both of the names...

Also some more questions for the bored or helpful.

Normal hummingbird eggs are white. Should these have the base of their adult forms, or remain a mystery till they hatch?

Realistic eggs take 16-18 days to hatch. How long should these take?

How often should they have breeding seasons, or should they have seasons at all?

What kind of events or games do you guys want to see?

I don't plan on having full customs more than 5-10k each at the very most, but I'd like to hear how much you'd expect to pay for them.

You don't have to answer any, you can answer some, you can answer all. It's really up to you, but I greatly appreciate any input you guys have.

Kahlira

For the bored =D

Normal hummingbird eggs are white. Should these have the base of their adult forms, or remain a mystery till they hatch? Depends on how much work you want to have in them. Default one color, may not be much fun for us, but it would be so much easier on you. So yeah, I reckon default of the one color would work. It would keep us wondering XD Though it is fun to say HEY! Lookie what my critter did =D

Realistic eggs take 16-18 days to hatch. How long should these take? Sounds good to me, I'd say no longer then a month. Depending on how busy ya are.

What kind of events or games do you guys want to see? OHH! Fun stuff! People love frankens. People love pick a door (nose..?) Umm.. Yeah XD I'm game for most anything, since i'm normally just here.

I don't plan on having full customs more than 10k each at the very most, but I'd like to hear how much you'd expect to pay for them. Wow, that'd be good and cheap. a very nice price me thinks. (I love the affordability of adopties here)

SkySong

Thanks, Kahlira! *luffs input*

The reason I was considering white is so that the egg seems more mysterious, and I might be able to add a surprise into the egg without you knowing. XD

Right now I'm practically online all day, but once school starts up again for me, I'll probably have less time.

Would guess-a-(insert random thing) work too? I'll probably be doing something like that.

I want them to be cheap enough so that newer members can easily enough get one, because I know adoptables are hard to come by if you don't already have one.

I don't suppose you can tell I'm bored, too...

Kahlira

*pets* Nah,, can't tell at all XD

Yes, mysteries can be loads of fun =D Though a bit.. uhh, mysterious XD

SkySong

*nods satisfactorily*

I might end up doing both kinds. Like, wild eggs or other special eggs are white, while regular user-bred eggs have color.

Kahlira

XD That would be cool, oh yes.

SkySong

See this is why I ask people questions. Because they give me answers that give me ideas. x3

On another note, did you catch the seasonal question I snuck into my list of questions, or do you not care to answer it?

Luv007

Ohhh!!  I'm excited.

You could call them Flits after the first one you colored.

I like the idea of white eggs with suprising babies!  I'd love to see a wittle featherless baby too if you ever have the inkling to draw and in between stage.

I like breeding seasons to be every other month bc that way people have a month on, a month off to plan.

All games are good by me. :)  Long, short, quick, or slow.  I'm online a LOT.  I like extensive game entries too.

Hatching could take two weeks maybe?

Ravvana

Solistia

Quote from: SkySong on August 02, 2011, 08:20:59 AM
The shading is heavily based off of Solistia's style, and if anybody has a problem with it, I'll change it.

awawawawawa @///@ I'm an inspiration, really? >u>
<.<
>.>
(is it sad that I was going to experiment shading these from your art booth thread? |D;;;; )
But wow, still....to have someone go and mimic my style....it's super exciting flattering >u<!!!

Lots of hearts for SkySong ouob ~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Kahlira

You added it after I answered :P

And then I went to sleep XD

Seasons are up to you XD Do ya want to be bogged down with a hundred breedings at once or no? Yeah, seasons are cool and all, but, if ya got whatever requirements are neccasary, then I say let the people decide when to breed, but make a limit of say, one or two a month. Or wait until the one babu is grown before making a new one.

Luv007

Kahlira

But then again I've also never really ran my own adopty. So, I base everything on what I see rather then what I know.

SkySong

I really like the name Flits, so I think I'm going to stick with it. Everybody has been really, super helpful, so if anybody who popped in here before wants to come back over, just post two colors, and I'll color(You can use Hex codes if you wish) Flits for everybody.

Since luv was the first to recommend 'Flits' she gets a full custom instead of a semi like I promised.

I'm gonna keep in mind luv's hatchling idea, although I can't promise anything.

Quote from: Solistia on August 02, 2011, 10:54:05 PM
Lots of hearts for SkySong ouob ~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lots of hearts for everyone ~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Kahlira

Yay! A pretty =D

440040, F1FF77

XD Purple and yellow. =O

Not cyan and magenta XD LOL!

Luv007

Thank you!!  I'll be stalking the Flits when you post them!

The hatchling idea isn't a big deal.  I just like stages.  I'm a weird one, I suppose.  But it's a lot more work for you.

I think I'd like a Forgotten Love Flit.  I want lots and lots of Forgotten Love adopties. :)

Kahlira

Know what I just thought of! A tiny bit of a peek. Like the baby breaking out of the egg, but all that'd be visible would be the beak and maybe just a super tiny bit of the feather color.

That'd sastify curiosity. But make ya want more.

ETA  With my wicked mad paint skillz  I give an example XD ((I soo can not draw))

SkySong

Real quick question before I start coloring. I wasn't completely sure if I liked the female's shading, so I changed it up a little bit. I'm still not sure if I like it more, so I want your guys' opinion on it before I go off coloring.

I think I'll end up doing the hatching egg instead of a hatchling, because I honestly don't know what I'd do for the hatchling.

The colored flits will be posted on the thread I plan on making in the general booths.

Kahlira

She looks shinier XD I like it.

Luv007

That's a good idea!  And I like the new female's shading a little better I think!

Rosewood

I love the shading.

I think you should stick with the white egg and leave the bird a mystery until hatched. :)

I think the 16-18 day hatching time is perfect.

I like the breeding season idea. It gives us something to look forward to.

I like most events, but CYOs are my favorite.

I like the 5-10k price range.

SkySong

The newer one it is!

Now I just need to gather this into a proper adoptable and make my way to the general booths.

The offer for the semi-Flits will stand till I get the actual thread up and running.

Luv007

Is there any specific form I should use, or should I hold off for the moment?

SkySong

Luv007

SkySong

Not as of now. I'll put a form in later when the thread is running, but I think you should be fine. :)

Luv007

SkySong

Finally made the new topic! If everybody wouldn't mind heading over...

wildnightblazer

Can I still post two colors or am I a little late? Navy blue and white.

Also, I really like the name Flits.

I've seen hummingbird nests with babies in them, but they were sort of "old" babies, since they were about to fly. They just sat in the nest with their heads up, and one sat on top of the other.

SkySong

Nah you're not too late. I'll post over here when I say nobody else can get a Flit.

Ravvana

Does my lame seconding of the chosen name earn me a semi? XD *hopeful* If so, a female with #000000 (main) and #F174A6 (secondary), please :)

SkySong

Sure, Rav. I'll get it colored in a sec. ;)

SkySong

So... I was unaware of the name "Flits" being used already, although now that I think about it, LC has Flits, too. I'd like to change the name to something that hasn't been used before, but again, I'm not getting any ideas. Semi-customs will be offered for anybody who recommends a name, and a full custom for the one I pick!

Wildfilly94

Thalurania (This is the Genus of the Wood Nymph Humming Bird) -- Tried to find soemthing Different for a name. :p

I thought it was neat. Lol, Its worth a try. :)