News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[BCRC] Border Collie Rehoming Centre

Started by Willow, March 11, 2012, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

All art by Kiboku @ dA - I have permission to use them for adoptables.

- - -

o Train your Border Collie in obedience, herding and agility.
o Enter shows and earn points towards puppy potential.
o Breed your collies and care for newborn pups.
o Sell to local shops or buy from the centre.
o Swap dogs between other USRs or breed with their dogs.
o Participate in dog walking, what will you find?
o Take your pet to the vets for jabs, checkups or ultrasounds.

- - -

A purely natural Border Collie adoptable.
It'll be more about training and improving your dogs, occasionally breeding for puppies. Rather than 'gotta catch 'em all!' :I

I know people might be like "But we have The Kennel?", and honestly I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes...I just like the idea of a Border Collie adoptable C:
Obviously it depends on if you'd like to adopt them?
<33

I will still be running the Faudeer. Mini Kennel is on hiatus until I sell them on or suddenly become unemployed 8|

Pinkshadow

I like them, tho i miss a male and female diffrent line, they are cute and i am interested :b

Willow

Quote from: Pinkshadow on March 11, 2012, 12:36:57 PM
I like them, tho i miss a male and female diffrent line, they are cute and i am interested :b

I could look into commissioning another adult line from the artist maybe.
I'd just have to first wait until I could afford it, and after that wait until the other adult was finished to adopt them out then ^w^

I'm glad you like them though <3

PonyMama

I love them as is

I am one of those people who highly doubt kennel will ever return, so I would be happy to see a new dog adoptable that is this interactive

Kahlira

Wildfilly94

LOVE!!! I love Border Collies (Though German Shepherds are my favorite) so this would be awesme!!
A second adult would be cool, but its not a MUST. I have my doubts bout The Kennel coming back as well, so a new dog adoptable would be awesome! :)

Ryuukokoro

Ooo yay, this reminds me of Shetlands from PI! I miss them~

Don't worry about the kennel, Willow, at that point no one is saying no to a dog adoptable just because the kennel used to be around. ^^;;

Can't wait to participate!

jojo

Willow

Quote from: PonyMama on March 11, 2012, 01:37:26 PM
I love them as is

I am one of those people who highly doubt kennel will ever return, so I would be happy to see a new dog adoptable that is this interactive

Oh I'm glad, thank you :)

Quote from: Kahlira on March 11, 2012, 01:38:45 PM
So cute!

=O

I could get my Sugarbear =D

Glad you like them ^w^

Quote from: Wildfilly94 on March 11, 2012, 02:05:17 PM
LOVE!!! I love Border Collies (Though German Shepherds are my favorite) so this would be awesme!!
A second adult would be cool, but its not a MUST. I have my doubts bout The Kennel coming back as well, so a new dog adoptable would be awesome! :)

Maybe somwhere down the line I'll get more (probably working) breeds, but for now just collies x3;
And I think I'll stick to just three lines for now too >>;

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on March 11, 2012, 02:06:24 PM
Ooo yay, this reminds me of Shetlands from PI! I miss them~

Don't worry about the kennel, Willow, at that point no one is saying no to a dog adoptable just because the kennel used to be around. ^^;;

Can't wait to participate!

Oh wow! That just brought back memories! I loved those guys...I remember having a couple xD
And I'm glad people don't mind another dog adoptie C:

Quote from: jojo080889 on March 11, 2012, 02:46:15 PM
do want :)

Great!

--

Ok, I just need to make a few graphics (little sheep/rosettes/stars etc) and figure out competition stats, then I can start :D

Thank you for the input guys! <3

Pinkshadow

i agree with the doubts about kennel ever returning.
- The Kennel, was the very first adoptie i started following, and i'm sad to see it gone, but i would LOVE a new dog adoptie, and if it gets a succes you can always expand it with more herding type dogs :D (MINI AUSSIES !!!) xD

Winged

I love the art, and the idea! I have a few mimics i would love :)
Do you think you will you allow coats that might not necessarily be possible for purebred border collies? I'd really love to get a mimic of Maggie and she's a border collie cross huntaway with some other working sheedog breeds in there somewhere.
Owner of Gliders!

Willow

Quote from: Winged dreams on March 11, 2012, 04:42:33 PM
I love the art, and the idea! I have a few mimics i would love :)
Do you think you will you allow coats that might not necessarily be possible for purebred border collies? I'd really love to get a mimic of Maggie and she's a border collie cross huntaway with some other working sheedog breeds in there somewhere.

Oh, by natural I just meant natural dog coats, I'm not going to be picky about if they're strictly border collie coloured! So of course that's fine C:

Any other working dog suggestions are welcomed (herding/sniffer/hunting all fine).
Australian Shepherds & German Shepherds suggested so far ^u^

Winged

Scottish Deerhound? Or Irish Wolfhound :) Both big breeds that i've always wanted to have, along with my favourite the German Shepherd.
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

SkySong

I second Shelties! I have one right now in rl, and my previous dog was one as well. Completely adore them <3 I might suggest Akitas or Huskies for more breeds if you go in that direction, and I'd adore German Shepherds.

And if nothing else, these lines are definitely stalk-worthy. :)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

springacres

I love them!  Though I am also very partial to hounds and Labs, even without more breeds these are adorbs and very stalk worthy <3

ETA: Since you asked for specifics - I would love to see Black and Tan Coonhounds and Labrador Retrievers added as my RL dog is a mix of mainly those two breeds (and we're not sure what else, those are just the two we see the most resemblance to in her build and behavior)

Ryuukokoro

My suggestion would be to get the shop up and running before you start considering new breeds. :) Get a working shop first, then thing about new add-ons.

Willow

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll keep them in mind for further down the line, but for now (as Ryuu said) I'm going to colour up a litter to find homes C:

<3

Pinkshadow

springacres

Willow

Tablet pen has stopped working.
nononono.
This is the last thing I need right now ;_____;
*headdesk*

*flees to google*

Wildfilly94

Ohh goodness. :/ Wish I could send you a new one D:

Willow

:|

Still no joy, I'll keep trying every tip and suggestion google throws at me D8

Pinkshadow

where do u live willow?
- I have one that i have never used?

Maybe we can work something out ? (:

Willow

Quote from: Pinkshadow on March 12, 2012, 04:14:42 PM
where do u live willow?

Scotland ;^;
Thank you, but first I'd rather see if I can fix it, rather than make you part with something of value <3

My tablet is recognised, its just the pen...It's not recognising it at all, I can only use my laptop mouse :s
I can't even find my Bamboo installation disk either D8
That could be 4 hours drive away at my mothers house...

I've tried uninstalling the pen driver...But now I don't know how to reinstall it.
Rebooting, changing USB slots, its not working :<

SkySong

The one time my tablet stopped working, I just had to go on the site and update the driver. Perhaps that's what was wrong..? I get the feeling you've already done that... :(
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Willow on March 12, 2012, 04:19:36 PM
Quote from: Pinkshadow on March 12, 2012, 04:14:42 PM
where do u live willow?

Scotland ;^;
Thank you, but first I'd rather see if I can fix it, rather than make you part with something of value <3

My tablet is recognised, its just the pen...It's not recognising it at all, I can only use my laptop mouse :s
I can't even find my Bamboo installation disk either D8
That could be 4 hours drive away at my mothers house...

I've tried uninstalling the pen driver...But now I don't know how to reinstall it.
Rebooting, changing USB slots, its not working :<

Okay np sweetie :b

jojo

You might have tried this already, but does the pen have a battery? You may need to change it.

As for the driver, you could try and download it here: http://www.wacom.com/customercare/drivers.aspx
This is the same thing the installation CD pretty much has, so you shouldn't need to drive out to go get it.

Hope this helps :x

Willow

Thank you jojo, I tried that as well, I'll reboot my computer in a minute :3

So.
My dad had a fiddle with it, and it now recognises the pen is there.
But for some reason its now constantly drawing.
As in, I can't move over a white canvas without it drawing.
I'm hovering, I'm not pressing down, but its still drawing 8I

*back to google*

Wildfilly94

I had a pen that did that before (At school, cant afford a precious tablet yet) and I cant remember what I did.. I think it was something violent like spacking it on the tablet.. XD Can't remember if it worked or not though. :/

Willow

Filly, I have shouted at, hit, whacked, tapped, pleaded with and gnawed on this pen. B|

to no avail.

Basically, a replacement pen costs around £36-£40 on ebay.
I can get a brand new (more up to date) tablet with art programs for £80.
That's what I'd rather do :')

Then its just saving up for a new laptop (this one's screen is half hanging off D: ) and CS3 ;___;

Does anyone know where you can buy CS3? Adobe are just like "Buy CS5 its shiny!"
But I can't afford that, no way x3;

All I want to do is colour puppies :C
*rocks in thread*

Ryuukokoro

Did you try looking at the tablet program's settings? With my Bamboo, I can open up the settings of the program when I plug the Tablet in, and there's an option to set pen sensitivity.

Willow

Whenever I plug it in and open any tablet settings I can't find anything, its coming up with 'driver not found/tablet not found blah blah'

I've installed drivers from everywhere I can find, tried everything people have suggested and nothing :<

But I have entertained the thought of a new tablet (I'd like a bigger size), so I'm happy enough (new art programs are always a bonus) C:

Wildfilly94

I have CS3 but.... I didn't buy it myself.. Lol. A friend gave it to me.
You can get it at Walmart, but I dont know if where you live HAS a walmart soo.. :/ You might check ebay..?

Willow

Ordered my new tablet, comes with Adobe Photoshop elements 9.0 o:
I only have 4.0 right now, so that's a great improvement :'D

<33

Wildfilly94

Willow

New tablet is here!

Its so amazing and sexy, all the clicky bits make nice clicky noises ;^;

Time to colour puppies! O:

Wildfilly94