News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Fallen Shadows - Help with the FAQ!! please?

Started by red_uni387, January 30, 2010, 05:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfs Fang

*is drawn here by strange brain waves* D;

From what I can see of the back story in the FAQ, it's awesome. And since I really love roleplaying/good stories, you'll probably have me hooked. :D

When will the rest of Secundi be able to read the story? :)

~Fang
~~

SeaCrest

Quote from: Wolfs Fang on April 10, 2010, 12:06:13 AM
*is drawn here by strange brain waves* D;

From what I can see of the back story in the FAQ, it's awesome. And since I really love roleplaying/good stories, you'll probably have me hooked. :D

When will the rest of Secundi be able to read the story? :)

~Fang

Um...

I'm willing to release it right now, and it might draw more interest.

I'll let red make the final decision, I'm just story writer XD

red_uni387

WAHAHAHAHA IT WORKED *cackles*

oh yes story can be released now if you want Sea <3 I'll put it in the first post ^^

edit: is up now~

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 10, 2010, 12:09:38 AM
WAHAHAHAHA IT WORKED *cackles*

oh yes story can be released now if you want Sea <3 I'll put it in the first post ^^

edit: is up now~

Yays! Do you want to add the FAQ too?

Wolfs Fang

O_O

I was right. xD The story is awesome. But it's also so sad... and that's what makes it good. I'm definitely stalking this adoptie now. >: D

~Fang
~~

SeaCrest

Quote from: Wolfs Fang on April 10, 2010, 12:17:32 AM
O_O

I was right. xD The story is awesome. But it's also so sad... and that's what makes it good. I'm definitely stalking this adoptie now. >: D

~Fang

Aw, thank you! Yeah, it is sorta sad, but that adds what I think is a little realism and history.

Haha! Stalker time! *joins Fang*

red_uni387

maybe we should get a freewebs for these XD
will be reformatting the first post to fit that in :)

YAY! *clings to Fangy*

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 10, 2010, 12:18:51 AM
maybe we should get a freewebs for these XD
will be reformatting the first post to fit that in :)

YAY! *clings to Fangy*

I can make a website, if you want :) I like to make work for myself, apparently XD But I'd use weebly, I like it better than freewebs XD

Awesome :)

red_uni387

yes you do O_O well if you want to you can, otherwise I can do it :)
so main page will have back story, then page for FAQ, one for examples, one for breeding, one for trading/selling, one for customs, one for link to owner folder, one for old threads (maybe? not really needed..), and one for RP infos (like rules and prizes)

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 10, 2010, 12:36:32 AM
yes you do O_O well if you want to you can, otherwise I can do it :)
so main page will have back story, then page for FAQ, one for examples, one for breeding, one for trading/selling, one for customs, one for link to owner folder, one for old threads (maybe? not really needed..), and one for RP infos (like rules and prizes)

I can set it up and we can both maintain it? that way if i'm sick or on holiday or eaten by homework, you can still change it XD

red_uni387

that works :D shall send along the breeding and trading selling infos and you can tweak them :) examples/owner folder/old thread pages will just be placeholders for now as they aren't ready yet

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 10, 2010, 12:46:18 AM
that works :D shall send along the breeding and trading selling infos and you can tweak them :) examples/owner folder/old thread pages will just be placeholders for now as they aren't ready yet

Righto :)

SeaCrest

*waves flags*

Website! Not completely finished, there are still holes that red needs to fill for me :D

http://fallenshadows.weebly.com/

Please tell me if you find any problems! No shops are open yet, FYI.

red_uni387

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 11, 2010, 10:19:33 PM
wow it looks soo cool :D

Once you have examples, we could add a banner if you want :)

red_uni387

the inker's struggling with the back leg right now, cause it's covered with the tail Dx

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 11, 2010, 10:46:40 PM
the inker's struggling with the back leg right now, cause it's covered with the tail Dx

Ah...

Well, good work cannot be rushed, eh?

SeaCrest

Hey red, can you (or me, I guess), start a Fallen FAQ thread so I can compile the FAQ? Since I'm in the loop, it's harder for me to think of common questions XD

red_uni387

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 11, 2010, 11:29:41 PM
what's wrong with this thread? lol

Hm...I guess XD

Now to see if we can get more peeps...

*sets up giant neon sign*

red_uni387

Wolfs Fang

*is drawn here by giant neon sign*

The website looks awesome. <3

Um... I could help you think of some questions that people might ask. :D

For example:

-Can Shadow Dreamers be bred?

-Why did the Silent Dreamers strip themselves of their magic, if the cause of the problem in the first place was fact that magic was draining away?

-If two Silent Dreamers be bred, what will the foal turn out to be?

-If two Fallen Shadows are bred, what will the foal turn out to be?

-If two Shadow Dreamers are bred, what will the foal turn out to be?

~Fang
~~

red_uni387

shadow dreamers cannot be bred, that is already mentioned on the website

their magic was draining and weakening them, so it they stripped their own magic, they cannot loose it anymore

silent dreamers are gone, they longer exist and therefore cannot be bred

fallen shadows will most likely produce a fallen shadow, but a shadw dreamer has a 1/100 chance of being born

shadow dreamers are sterile and cannot be bred

SeaCrest

Quote from: Wolfs Fang on April 11, 2010, 11:35:07 PM
*is drawn here by giant neon sign*

The website looks awesome. <3

Um... I could help you think of some questions that people might ask. :D

For example:

-Can Shadow Dreamers be bred?

-Why did the Silent Dreamers strip themselves of their magic, if the cause of the problem in the first place was fact that magic was draining away?

-If two Silent Dreamers be bred, what will the foal turn out to be?

-If two Fallen Shadows are bred, what will the foal turn out to be?

-If two Shadow Dreamers are bred, what will the foal turn out to be?

~Fang

Okee, I shall answer them here and put them up on the website.

Q: Can Shadow Dreamers breed?
A: No, their magic is warped and has drawn on their body to function properly, rendering them incapable of bearing or siring children.

Q: Why did the Silent Dreamers strip themselves of their magic, if the cause of the problem in the first place was fact that magic was draining away?
A: They did not have sufficient magic to supplement their world's draining magic, and they could not stop and block it off either. If they retained their magic, their link to their world would kill them, especially if they moved. Stripping their magic was the only way to ensure that they would still survive, even if they had to abandon their home. As said in the origin story, their magic is linked to their home.

Q: If two Silent Dreamers be bred, what will the foal turn out to be?
A: Silent Dreamers do not exist anymore. Shadow Dreamers are their closest match, and they cannot breed.

Q: If two Fallen Shadows are bred, what will the foal turn out to be?
A: There is an overall 1/100 chance that the foal will be a Shadow Dreamer, but otherwise it will always be a Fallen Shadow. Fallen Shadows can be twins; Shadow Dreamers cannot.

Q: If two Shadow Dreamers are bred, what will the foal turn out to be?
A: Shadow Dreamers are all sterile. See Can Shadow Dreamers breed?

Thanks, Fang!

*sets up another giant neon sign and big shiny balloons*

SeaCrest

red_uni387

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 11, 2010, 11:46:37 PM
good, our answers match :D

O_O

They'd better! XD

Do you want custom seasons or open customs all the time using items? Editing the site right now LOL

Echowing

Are the Shadow Dreamers all naturally colored or do they sometimes have fantasy colors since they have magic?

red_uni387

er...customs are like most others, open when I have time :)

Echo: most of the time they'll be natural, but if a crystal was used with the breeding and a shadow dreamer foal comes it'll have some fantasy color

SeaCrest

Quote from: Echowing on April 12, 2010, 12:02:39 AM
Are the Shadow Dreamers all naturally colored or do they sometimes have fantasy colors since they have magic?

*nodnod* Right, I thought I made that clear - Shadow Dreamers are Silent Dreamers born to Fallen Shadows with slightly twisted magic. So yes, Shadow Dreamers ALL have fantasy colors.

@red - KK

Echowing

Ah, gotcha. I was betting they did but wanted to be sure ^^

red_uni387

but if they have fantasy colors how will I know what color to make the offspring? parents will always be natural...

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 12, 2010, 12:34:26 AM
but if they have fantasy colors how will I know what color to make the offspring? parents will always be natural...

Hehe, randomness ;) That's what!

red_uni387

lol alrighty :)

I dunno how to describe how I'll be deciding, but brown is a darker orange, so will use orange if the offspring should be brown ^^

SeaCrest

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 12, 2010, 09:07:17 PM
lol alrighty :)

I dunno how to describe how I'll be deciding, but brown is a darker orange, so will use orange if the offspring should be brown ^^

Hm...yes, a more vibrant version of the offspring the pair would normally have?

red_uni387

SeaCrest

red_uni387

SeaCrest

SeaCrest

red_uni387

*sniffle* every time I think it'll be going awesome and stuff seems to be going well, it breaks down :(

http://www.ponyisland.net/index.php?src=forum&sub=replies&forum=159&topic=2546592

info is in first post at the top (I hope you guys don't mind me linking to PI, lemme know if I need to remove it)

SeaCrest

Aww...

I guess this is going on the shelf then, huh? *hugs*

red_uni387

I really hope it won't, but it depends how long katsuki's gonna put them on hold. i understand RL comes first and all, but every time I order art stuff this seems to happen. one set i've been waiting on for a year and the user's disappeared again :(

SeaCrest

That sucks...

I never have enough money either way to order anything, not even customs, so I've never had that problem. I do suppose RL is more important...