News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TheStable - I need help with these pretty horses :)

Started by Poupou, February 07, 2010, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poupou

Well, to make things short - I need help to determine what these coats are.

I know absolutely nothing about genetics, it gives me a headache to be honest. XD
So if some of you people could help me, I would really appreciate. :)

Firstly, the girls :

Second, the boys :

<3

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

The first girl is black base Tobiano I think.

The second girl is Bay sabino maybe.

The first boy is aslo Black base Tobiano.

The second boy is black base leopard Appy and sabino.

I wouldn't breed the second girl with the second male just to be on the safe side as if could result in lethal white.

Lectral

First mare is Black tobiano
Second mare is bay with a bald face - normally a sabino would have at least some white on the legs, so I'm not sure about that one.

First stallion is black tobiano
Second is black Tobiano and appaloosa... I think.  Could be extensive ink-spotting, which is just a way of saying he is homozygous for tobiano - Ravvana will have to give you the specifics on him

Tobiano does NOT have the possibility of lethal white.  Overo does, and none of these is overo, so it should not be a problem

To clarify - tobiano has white that crosses the back, overo doesn't, except in extreme cases, where the white would cover almost all, if not all, of the horse

Ravvana

Lectral is correct on the first three :)

The second stallion is black tobiano + leopard appaloosa. Not sure how legitimate that coloration actually is (I've only ever seen photos of pintaloosas with blankets, although there's no real reason a pintaloosa couldn't have leopard appy), but he was ordered as a mimic by someone with a gold tag.

Poupou

THanks alot for the help everyone!  You guys are great! ^^