News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Homesick....it's Arty's fault!

Started by Sarah Badr, January 16, 2014, 03:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Badr

Just teasing. Not your fault Arty. :P  Here are some pics of my adventures over the last few years. It's been a wild ride with alot of heartache, but I wouldn't change a thing.

You know the saying about "If you don't do it now then you will regret it forever"? That is sooo true. Before I took that first crazy, stupid step into my crazy life I would never in a thousand years thought I'd ever travel to our neighbor Canada much less go halfway around the world!

IN LONDON ON THE WAY TO MOROCCO (Me and my baby brother)

MOROCCO

Essaouira on the coast

Marrakech

In the famous Djemaa el-Fnaa Souk (Yes that's a snake around my neck and a cobra on the ground...love them!)

Henna

EGYPT

Pyramids, Giza, Valentine's Day 2010 (Yes I took these photos)

Me and my handsome hubby (Yes that's me!)

(Can you believe this is the first time he ever TOUCHED a horse....much less rode one!!!! He's a total natural...kinda makes me jealous.)

You know what's was so funny, we were walking past the Sphinx and these two Korean ladies stopped me and wanted my picture. My husband was standing to the side with the surprised looked and big grin on his face saying "but she's American"! Afterwards I said to him, I wonder if, when they get home and develop the pics if they can see that I have very blue eyes?!?! :D

And these are mares at El-Zahraa Stud, the farm owned by the Egyptian Agricultural Organization of the Egyptian Government.

I am sooooo "homesick" right now, especially will the snow coming down outside.

Saturnalia

Love your photos! I'm hoping to get to Egypt at some point in my life.

My dad got sick when I was pretty young, and the saving grace to his terminal illness was that he and my mom had traveled right after getting married. Gotta do it when you're young and have the chance, or, as you say, you might end up regretting not going for it!

Sarah Badr

Yes yes yes! Do it, if you are young or old, rich or poor, I PROMISE YOU, you will never regret it! Even if it's a disaster, or you blew all your savings...I swear to you...there will be no regret.

The only regret I have is that I haven't won the lottery yet so that I have enough money to travel to EVERY part of the world and see it all! :)

Wildfilly94

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us! I've never been, but I would love to go to Egypt some day. It looks so cool and I see you had alot of fun!! :) Im sorry you miss that so much that it hurts though. I understand the feeling, thats how I am when I'm in florida. (Which Im moving to in the next couple years) <3

Bunraku

These are beautiful! I would love to be able to go on such an adventure, and to ride a horse wearing veils (Is it strange that I'd like to do that? XD) But how amazing, I would love to go where you have gone. The desert is just one of those things I hold close to my heart, even though I've never been there.

Arty

I don't see how it's my fault XD

Annnyyyways, I'm jealous that you love a place so much that you're homesick for it. I've only ever been in Kansas and honestly, I just want to leave... >.>

Sarah Badr

If Kansas is anything like Nebraska (been through Nebraska alot) I really feel for ya and TOTALLY understand!

Sarah Badr

Quote from: Bunraku on January 16, 2014, 10:44:30 AM
I would love to be able to go on such an adventure, and to ride a horse wearing veils (Is it strange that I'd like to do that? XD) But how amazing, I would love to go where you have gone. The desert is just one of those things I hold close to my heart, even though I've never been there.

Not strange at all  ;). Just, whatever you do, do not do it in the summer, wait until it's "winter" then the temp is only 75F! Seriously. :)