News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Garney customs for Soli!

Started by Solistia, February 08, 2010, 03:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solistia

As part of an on-going trade with Garney, I've so far gotten these 3 lovelies that I just adore!! ^o^

Mercedes

My gorgeous Mercedes! I gave Garney a basic description and let her do the rest! She came up with an absolutely beautiful design!!

Feyline and Marley

My two lovely Shetland Sheepdogs! Feyline is a beautiful Sable Merle, and Marley a handsome Blue Merle!

/snuggles all her new pretties X3~<3<3<3
Garney is wunderbar ;o;

Ryuukokoro

Garney certainly is that! Her customs are always always gorgeous. I just LOVE your Fae!

And eee, shetlands! I love shelties. ^^ Make sure you don't breed those two together, though, since two merles bred together can produce a deadly gene in the babies.

Solistia

Reehh, really? o___o?
arere @_@ just goes to show what I know about dogs 8D;; (they were preetee, that's all I know XD)

Ryuukokoro

lol it can be confusing, yes!

As far as I know, breeding two merles together is the only big dangerous thing in dog breeding you have to be careful of (with coat colors, anyway).

Solistia

I see, I see ^o^ definitely good things to know X3~<3
So aside from coat colors then (since Merles are the only ones to watch out for?) are there other breeding defects I should be wary of? XD

Ryuukokoro

Well, inbreeding would be the only other thing I can think of to be wary of lol. Which can be tricky with The Kennel. There are some third generation dogs out there with a first gen parent and a second gen for the other parent which means you could be breeding one husky with his own half sister or grandmother without realizing it! 0_0 So that's why keeping track of pedigrees is so important lol.

For example, my champion dog Bright Eyes had a little of four pups a while ago and then a litter of seven recently. So there will be 11 grown up dogs out there with her genes in them, so I hope all the owners check the pedigree carefully before breeding. It wouldn't be good to breed one of her puppies to a sibling from another litter! Or an offspring of a sibling! @_@ So confusing.

Garney

We don't really track inbreeding though.. unless you really try to breed sister to brother for several generations, then I might have to lineart a five legged dog >.>;

Ryuukokoro

Ohhh, that is a relief! I worry about inbreeding constantly since Kennel pedigrees can be like tongue twisters. Trying to trace where all my pups end up and who they are breeding to gave me such a headache.

..........is it bad that I really want to see a five legged puppy? XD;;;;

Goddesss

*orders 5 legged custom*

Your customs are beautiful.

Must steal Garney as personal slave.  I loves Garney.

Garney

You're both awful! *secretly amused*