News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{The Feli} Official Breeding Thread - breeding is closed

Started by TheLeet, August 25, 2010, 11:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLeet

So it's finally time for Feli breeding.

Breeding is free but you are only allowed to breed one pair at a time and you have to own both parents.
Breeding for Feli is a waiting list based system. Once you've filled in and posted your form, it will be put on the waiting list. I'll go through the list and once I feel that I've coloured in enough kittens, I'll release a batch and remove the relevant forms. Any forms that don't make it into the first batch, will move further up the list and be first in line for the next one.

How many kittens do Feli have?
A pair of Feli can have anything from 2 to 4 kittens. How many kittens you get depends entirely on luck. I'll use random.org to determine the number of kittens of the first breeding of a batch and the following breedings depend on that - I'll keep adding one more kitten per breeding until I get to 4 and then start again at 2.

Are poses hereditary?
No. Poses are completely random.

What about long haired Feli?
If you breed two longhairs together, all kittens will be long haired. If you breed a longhair with a shorthair, about half the kittens will inherit the long hair.

What about inbreeding?
You may not breed a Feli to its sibling or parent. Anything else is allowed.

How are patterns passed on?
Some kittens will inherit either of their parents' pattern and some kittens will get a mix of both patterns. In some cases, a kitten may also end up with one of its grandparents' pattern - even if neither of the parents have that pattern.
There are some patterns that mix and some patterns that don't. Classic, spotted and mackerel tabbies do not mix with each other - they may mix with other patterns though.

Kittens take about a month to grow up. The kitten poses are different from the adult poses but you can tell what pose they'll be when they grow up. A sitting kitten that's facing to the right will grow up to be a sitting Feli facing to the right etc.

Rules:
~please post all forms in bold
~once posted, you may not edit your breeding form
~breeding is free
~you must own the Feli you're breeding
~you may only breed one pair at a time - once you've received your kittens and your form has been removed from the list, you may post another one
~you may only keep two kittens from your litter - if you haven't found new homes for the others by the time they've grown up, I'll rehome them myself.
~kittens must be named before they grow up
~if you trade any kittens away, please ask the new owner for a name so you can put it on the rehoming form

breeding form:

Parents' names:
Parents' IDs:
Owner:

Kitten rehoming form
(to be posted by the owner of the kitten's parents)
ID#:
new owner:
name:

Kitten naming form

ID#:
Name:
Owner:

TheLeet

waiting list:

Parents' names: Sigismund and Noemi
Parents' IDs: 292 and 059
Owner: Kasatsu

Parents' names: Leo and Chloe
Parents' IDs: #122 x #316
Owner: Hiyoko

Parents' names: Jarnel and Shandra
Parents' IDs: 344 and 361
Owner: BabyKittenCandy

Parents' names: Sweetie X Prince
Parents' IDs: 343 x 346
Owner: Goddesss

Parents' names: Dusk x Truffle
Parents' IDs: 311 x 273
Owner: Jojo

Parents' names:Sunrise and Sebastian
Parents' IDs:348 and 371
Owner: Neocridders

Parents' names: Desirae & Dodger
Parents' IDs: 375 & 143
Owner: Ravvana

Parents' names: Raine and George
Parents' IDs: 323 and 305
Owner: toffeeca

Parents' names: Farrah & Dusk
Parents' IDs: 387 and 325
Owner: YourLoveOnly

Parents' names: Deluia and Savage
Parents' IDs: 225 x 096
Owner: Ryuukokoro

Parents Names: Luna x Bounty
Parents ID's: #335 x #179
Owner: Willow

Parents' names: Buckley and Pi
Parents' IDs: 151 x 5
Owner: Silvanon

Parents' names: Akins & Isoke
Parents' IDs: 140 & 250
Owner: PonyMama

Parents' names: Raspberry and Butter
Parents' IDs: 234 and 365
Owner: red_uni387

Parents' names: Tungsten and Geirolul
Parents' IDs: 249 x 429
Owner: sera

Parents' names: Sasha and Rex
Parents' IDs: 355 x 321
Owner: Zarzamora

Parents' names: Cadha & Lindt
Parents' IDs: #418 x #307
Owner: Winged dreams

Parents' names: Maiko & Lacy
Parents' IDs: 157 & 350
Owner: Kadana Sorano

Parents' names: Freya & Springer
Parents' IDs:264,360
Owner:kunaisa

Parents' names: Lyra + Finnian
Parents' IDs: 393 + 232
Owner: Alnaeyah

Parents' names: Topper & Quiera
Parents' IDs: 207 & 345
Owner: Spixy

Parents' names: Candy & Oliver
Parents' IDs: 408 & 317
Owner: Pinkshadow

Parents' names: Oriana and Aidan
Parents' IDs: 141 and 397
Owner: Keilin Alyr

Parents' names: Rouge & Clay
Parents' IDs: 105 & 230
Owner: CutieePiee

Parents' names: Fynn and Misa-Misa
Parents' IDs: 271 and 332
Owner: Rosewood

Parents' names: Dew & Ka'oe
Parents' IDs: 401 & 430
Owner: CrystalAngelNeko

TheLeet

current kittens:

There are only unnamed kittens here. Once they've been named, you'll be able to find them in your owner's folder.
http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/leeeeeeeet/kittehs/Owners/

TheLeet

YourLoveOnly

breeding form:
Parents' names: Lola and Cream
Parents' IDs: #070 x #054
Owner: YourLoveeOnly

TheLeet

That was quick :D
Do try to post the form in bold the next time though. I don't ignore non-bold forms on purpose but I fear that I might not see them when the thread gets longer :)

YourLoveOnly

I was just about to repost bolded. I can edit to bold it or repost if you want?

TheLeet

It's fine since I saw it but maybe it's best to edit it bold so other people will see that it needs to be bold.

Whimsy

Parents' names:Alejandro & Yalissa
Parents' IDs:033 & 068
Owner:Whimsy

Keilin Alyr

breeding form:
Parents' names: Lightning and Zharin
Parents' IDs: #032 and #029

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Kadana Sorano

breeding form:
Parents' names: Séamus and Silky
Parents' IDs: #'s 069 and 024
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

sera

breeding form:
Parents' names: Camou x Tsukatsu
Parents' IDs: 048 x 061
Owner: sera

red_uni387

Parents' names: Tiger x Panther
Parents' IDs: 58 x 57

Ryuukokoro

Parents' names: Temptation and Kohaku
Parents' IDs: #062 x #12

Omg so nervous, first time I ever bred a Kohaku-mimic adoptable. *leans over and ruffles RL Kohaku sleeping on the couch next to her*

PS: I totally don't think it's fair to make these free, Leet! D: So much work for you, you deserve payment!

YourLoveOnly

Ryuu, form needs to be bolded ^^
And I am excited to see the results! I'll personally be chasing after natural pairings and babies only, but I love looking at them all.

@TheLeet: if someone breeds fantasy x natural and I end up adopting one of the natural babies, is there a chance that the grandparent fantasy colors will show in offspring or just the pattern? I wanna make sure I don't end up with fantasy colored ones for now.

Keilin Alyr

Heh, I was worried I'd be the only one breeding a fantasy-colored kitty. Glad to see there's more than one of us breeding potentially weird, mutant Feli. *high-fives sera and Ryuu* XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on August 25, 2010, 04:27:31 PM
Ryuu, form needs to be bolded ^^
And I am excited to see the results! I'll personally be chasing after natural pairings and babies only, but I love looking at them all.

@TheLeet: if someone breeds fantasy x natural and I end up adopting one of the natural babies, is there a chance that the grandparent fantasy colors will show in offspring or just the pattern? I wanna make sure I don't end up with fantasy colored ones for now.

Thanks lol. Slipped my mind in my haste to post!

Also, if you do end up with a fantasy colored one from grandparent genes, you could just trade them for other Feli. I know I'm not the only Feli-collector interested in collecting fantasy colored ones. ^_^

Whimsy

Im with you YLO, i adore my naturals but then again my pride and joy yalissa is considered a fantasy because of her tabby being lighter then her base color .

YourLoveOnly

I don't need realistic for sure, just natural, although realistic is very nice. Your Yalissa might not be realistic, but defenitely natural so she would work for me.

And yea Ryuu, that's true ^^ But I am not decided on that yet.

TheLeet

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on August 25, 2010, 04:27:31 PM

It's just the pattern so there's no risk of fantasy colours popping up :)

YourLoveOnly

TheLeet

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on August 25, 2010, 04:24:15 PM
PS: I totally don't think it's fair to make these free, Leet! D: So much work for you, you deserve payment!
I'm doing it for free because I'm not really interested in SG (got plenty already) and other forms of payment (adoptable trades and the like) would take a lot of communication which would make this whole breeding business much more work. However, if you feel like you want to give anything in return, feel free to do so.  :)

Goddesss

breeding form:
Parents' names: Peaches and Azur
Parents' IDs: #025 X #055
Owner: Goddesss

Nauscal

I can't wqit to get yalissa's kittens :) I'm hoping for at least one bi-eye!

Whimsy

Whoops posted from the wrong account ><

TheLeet

Oh my, looks like the kittens are finally here ^_^

Pinkshadow

Nauscal

Oh my :) I'm going tl have a horrible time picking who's staying..I know for sure 77 is

Whimsy

Ryuukokoro

hdjkshjks eee glee!! Omgomgomg *runs around waving arms around*

0_o And that was quick, too! So many babies, so little time!

Edit: Okay this sounds really stupid, but I just went and looked through all the babies, and when I got to Kohaku's, I started just literally crying a river unexpectedly haha.... Real life Kohaku has had so many operations and stuff, I know he doesn't have really good genes (and he's super high anxiety to boot) so I know intellectually his babies in real life would have had problems most likely, but emotionally, the idea of my baby having babies just makes me really happy, like a grandma. Thank you Leet. ^^ This means a lot to me.

TheLeet

Aww, there there. I'm sorry that you had to cry. I understand what it's like to be really emotional about your pets - I'm the same *hugs*

@Whimsy: Since you can only do one breeding at a time, it's fine to use the same Feli over and over again if that's what you want to do :)

Whimsy

So technically you could use the same female feli or just male >.> i think im going to do with jazz this round i just want to know for the future :D

Neocridders

Parents' names: Ultraviolet & Katie
Parents' IDs: 41 & 36
Owner: Neocridders

Whimsy

Parents' names:Jazz & Alejandro
Parents' IDs:033 & 045
Owner:Whimsy

TheLeet

Quote from: Whimsy on August 28, 2010, 09:44:47 AM
So technically you could use the same female feli or just male >.> i think im going to do with jazz this round i just want to know for the future :D
Yes, female and male can breed again :)

edit: the next Feli kittens should arrive shortly after these ones have grown up, so it'll be a while.

Ryuukokoro

*nods* Limiting breedings to once a month I think is a very smart way to do it, Leet (since the babies grow up in a month, that will give you a schedule of breedings to work with and keep you from being overwhelmed. tis a good idea!)

And this means that since babies will be grown before the next breeding begins, it's okay to use kittens from previous breeding 'seasons'? I hope? ^^

Parents' names: Redstar and Butterrum
Parents' IDs: 30 and 90

TheLeet

I haven't really thought about it but yes, I suppose it's ok :)

red_uni387

Parents' names: Fancy x Desert
Parents' IDs: 66 x 67

xenon

TheLeet

Ryuukokoro

For Leet, as a thank you for all your hard work! ^_^ I tried to do a mimic of your beautiful Quin girl!

Kadana Sorano

breeding form:
Parents' names: Séamus and Silky
Parents' IDs: #'s 069 and 024

*tries to think of a beautiful name for her beautiful kitten* She's seriously adorable, thank you Leet!
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

TheLeet

red_uni387

red has a question xD if you submit a breeding then trade one of the participants before the kittens arrive will the breeding still go through?

Keilin Alyr

Been doing that thinking thing, and I really want kittens out of these two, even if the likelihood of natural colors is zeroish. =)

Parents' names: Spring and Seafoam
Parents' IDs: 042 and 035

TheLeet

Quote from: red_uni387 on August 29, 2010, 12:56:04 PM
red has a question xD if you submit a breeding then trade one of the participants before the kittens arrive will the breeding still go through?
I'm afraid not. Sorry :D

red_uni387

gotta keep that in mind then ^^

Kitten rehoming form
ID#: 88
new owner: Ryuukokoro
name: Curio

Ryuukokoro

My four kittens are all ready to be homed. ^^

Kitten naming form
ID#: 89
Name: Amberspice

Kitten naming form
ID#: 90
Name: Butterrum

Kitten rehoming form
ID#: 91
new owner: red_uni387
name: Donut

Kitten rehoming form
ID#: 92
new owner: Keilin Alyr
name: Jeanne

Keilin Alyr

I almost forgot something...

Kitten rehoming form
ID#: 078
new owner: Ryuukokoro
name: Harvest

CutieePiee

Just got back from vacation! :) Is breeding still open??