News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Kittlings want to play! (finished)

Started by indigowulf, September 30, 2009, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

figured, why not use the thief pose for this?

this time, type (yourusername) steals the silly boy from (lastowner) in Maroon!

Ember

Ember steals the pretty girl from indigowulf!

indigowulf

cept its not a pretty girl this time lol

Ember

lol Oops. Bit hasty there. =P

Ember steals the silly boy from indigowulf!

sera

sera steals the silly boy from Ember!

Ember

Ember steals the silly boy from sera!

sera

He's so cute. xD;

JBGarrison72

Fean77 steals the silly boy from Sera
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Ember

Ember steals the silly boy from Fean77!

sera

Ember

JBGarrison72

Fean77 steals the silly boy from Ember
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Ember

Ember steals the silly boy from Fean77!

sera

JBGarrison72

Fean77 steals the silly boy from Sera
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

JBGarrison72

Fean77 steals the silly boy from Fean77

Lol, SPLOITER!
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Ryuukokoro

Man I can't take another game like that, waaay too stressful. Have fun! *bows out*

JBGarrison72

lol, aw come on, i was gonna bow out after throwing my mischief out there, lol.  Someone should steal Fean77 from Fean77 to one up me on silliness.

EDIT: I bet I'm in trouble too  :'(
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

sera

sera steals the silly boy from Fean77!

This is sera's last steal. xD  *heads out to pick up her hubby*

Ember

indigowulf

ok we have passed my target number, whoever has him when this posts gets to keep him..

STOP!

indigowulf

Looks like Ember wins.. name and owner for him?

JBGarrison72

- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Ember

JBGarrison72

I think Ember would make a good home for the collar (ID 008) so I gift that Kittling to her (unless someone else wins).
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

JBGarrison72

Now to take a nap, gotta unwind from work.  :(
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

indigowulf

indigowulf

BTW fean, no cookie for you.. you edited your post when you stole from ember, but sera beat you, so you edited to steal from sera. thats cheating!

*takes away all fean's cookies and hides them in the basement*

but it worked out ok in the end.

indigowulf

Ok now that we are done spamming the thread with games, reposting these so if anyone comes in now they dont have to search to find them:

Quote from: indigowulf on October 14, 2009, 05:39:07 PM
wanted to remind people of this one as well, since its still going and we havent got many entries:

Ongoing contest- this one has 1 week to run. It ends on the 20th at 15:30.

Tell a joke! I have myself and 2 roommates here. Every joke will be told among the 3 of us. The joke that makes us laugh hardest (or say 'oh my god' most) will win this cutiepie:

1 joke per person please. Giving you a week so you have time to get a good one :)

Quote from: indigowulf on October 14, 2009, 05:32:48 PM
Fun! New contest- this pretty was just given a collar by her friends. Now all she needs is a home and name to go on that collar.

This one must be given away.. by you! Post a person you think would make a good home for her. You have until Oct 17th at 17:30 to get entries in.

sera

lol Congrats, Ember!  Mischief is a perfect name, especially in view of the game. xD 

indigowulf

Hmm nobody has found my little suprises yet. No ninjas in this bunch!

Ryuukokoro

JBGarrison72

Just woke up from nap.  No ID on Bobcat pose, so I'll just call it Bobcat... my joke to claim it goes like this:

Q. What did the ghost say to his wife?

A. You look Boo-tiful.
  :P

(Laffy Taffy wrapper jokes are so WIN)
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Ember

sera

"all wet"

lol.  Bad ninja!  *got some disappointing news, actually, and a bit distracted now*

Ember

sera

i entered a writing contest back in July and didn't make the Honourable Mention list.  My entry was very rushed (i wrote it in two days), so that was the best i'd hoped to do.  ^^;;;;  Ah, well. 

Ember

Aww, that is disappointing. Well they probably didn't give it the reading it deserved! ;P Maybe the next time you enter a writing contest you'll win it, ne?

sera

Or they read it too closely, ne? ^^;;;  It's shaken my confidence pretty hard, which hasn't really been very high as of late anyway.  ><;;  i've got to figure out wot i've been doing wrong.  ^^; 

M'kay.  Hush, sera, no more confidence issues on public forums.  ><;

Ember

<3 I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. I know what its like to have your work judged and it can be very hard on the confidence.

Ryuukokoro

sera, what kind of writing do you do? I have a degree in writing and I work as a freelance editor sometimes. If you'd ever like me to look over your work and give suggestions, I'm happy to do so. ^_^

sera

i write fantasy almost exclusively.  Gads, i would love more feedback, though i don't have anything worked up now.  Well, anything new, and now i'm a bit shy about sending off the other stuff.  ^^;;;;;  Guh.  ^^;;;

Also, how'd you get into freelance editing?  *nosynosy* ^^

indigowulf

Ryuu and sera, what would you like to name / owner your ninja flatsales?

and dont feel bad. sometimes the competition can be so stiff, I want to run and hide rather than show my colored adopables. I look at things like Willows unbridled and then look at mine, and I feel like a kid with a crayon held in a slobbery fist going "ooky, mama, ooky wad i drawed!"

but somehow, kittlings are finding love, so i cant be that bad a colorist lol. Youre probly just in the same position. nothing wrong with yours, but someone snuck in like willow and blew them away.

sera

Clover/sera <3

Maybe, but, well, nothing i've been working on has gotten much, if any attention at all.  x__X;;;  Really, i just need to not think about it for awhile so i can get over my disappointment, but, like a scab, i just keep picking at it.  ^^;;;;;  Ugh.  ^^;

The kittlings are uber win, btw.  i love how you colour them. <3  They look soft and fluffy and cuddly.  ^^

Ryuukokoro

I went to college to get my degree in writing, and got a job at a publishing house after I graduated, and I used some connections in college and at the publishing house to pick up some freelance editing. It's all about networking and connections lol! (I've always said you don't go to college to learn stuff in class, you go to college to make connections to get a job afterward lol)

I write fantasy exclusively as well, for young adults (about the level of the Warriors books, actually). Nothing published yet, but I'm working on it! >.>

My offer to look at anyone's work is always open. Just let me know if you ever want to send me anything. ^_^

Aaand for my pretty purple girl:

Name: Chetor
Owner: Ryuukokoro

Edit: Oops, it's a boy! I edited his name for something more masculine lol

Ember

I think what I like best about Kittlings is their charm. n.n They're so adorable. Lol Ryuu, connections are awesome! And so is writing. I've never been much of one for formal story writing, but I do a lot of roleplaying.

indigowulf

Trick or treat is now officially over!

I had said when I posted the contest, the top 5 scores would find a kittling following them home.

Then I started thinking about it. I will do that for the top 5. In addition, everyone, including those 5, will be getting a prize. If you dont already have a kittling, you will find a premade wandering into your owners folder. If you already had one, you'll discover a free vet session coupon (used for breeding).

Click the links next to your name to see what you got!

I need names and owners posted please.

totals:

sera: 15 fourth place! prize 1 prize 2

Ryuukokoro: 7 prize

springacres: 10 fifth place! prize 1 prize 2

Kadana: 32 first place! prize 1 prize 2

Dragonspyrit: 5 prize

Midnight Phantom: 7 prize

brvrose: 0 prize

ember: 17 third place! prize 1  prize 2

fean77: 19 second place! prize 1 prize 2

tierasa: 0 prize

indigowulf

Oh and some wonderful ideas in the help thread, thank you so much for the input. I posted this there, but Ill post it here as well in case you dont check both forums:

Vet fee to get your pets checked before a responsable breeding, but the vet fee can be pre "paid" as a coupon. "paid" is in quotes because you may purchase one, or win/trade one.

I **love** the idea of it being a stick that allows them to sneak off to the ally. I think I will allow people to purchase a stick during mating season. Never ever will I give one against someone's will. Any kittling who's owner has a stick and who is not already in a planned breeding may sneak outside, male or female will also be random. Maybe none sneak out, maybe they all do. The only way you know for sure is if someone gets preggers.

Any time a female gets preggers after escaping with a stick, she gets moody some random day and chews the stick up (aka, it will be in your inventory until you have a breeding, then it goes away).

So, the breeding imagery works like this.. all kittling females go into heat during the same time. Some owners choose to get thier angels checked at the vet to make sure they are fit enough to breed. Every female that plans to breed gets a checkup.

(Dont worry, the vet will never say you arent healthy enough, its just for fun. Also, saying the vet works so many hours a day gives me a realistic way to cap how many I need to do in 1 breeding season.)

Once your checkup has been paid for, owners may arrange breedings, either with thier own males, or by finding other males who are available. Male owners *are* allowed to charge a stud fee if they wish.

After a certain time of pregnancy (determined by how long it takes me to color) babies are born to the mother! I dont have baby lines, sorry, you get full growns.

If the male's owner also decides to take thier male to the vet for a checkup, the breeding will produce twins, due to having both parents in peak condition at the time of the breeding.

The day after breeding forms are done being accepted, females who didnt get bred begin to gather and howl in the ally, calling out males to come join them. The only way kittlings can get out is by propping open a window with a stick. Sticks will *never* be given out randomly. If you have a stick, your kittlings may use it at any breeding season, so be aware, having a stick is basically giving permission for me to randomly breed them!

Kittling Cousins are a bit more difficult. They can also sneak outside using sticks, but it will be more rare for them to find a mate also wandering about. Taking a cousin to the vet requires a special "exotic animals" vet (or a coupon to one).

Ember

Aww, he's so cute <3

Name: Kaero
Owner: Ember

tierasa

Such a cutie... so let's see

Name: Taiyou
Owner: tierasa