News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Dragons of Nova Terra Official Introduction

Started by Dragons of Nova Terra, October 10, 2009, 03:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragons of Nova Terra

There is a ton of information about these guys on the website. However, I feel info overload can kill a thread. Feel free to read as you wish. Website link: http://dragonsofnovaterra.freehostia.com/

Things to note: breedable- but not like you're used to!, battle system, roleplayable, scale charts, credits on website.

There are 10 species of dragons on Nova Terra. They will be released one at a time as they are ready. Today, we introduce the Coulee and the Autruche.

Table of contents:
intro (you are here)||ongoing games||1 SG raffle||pickups||extra

Dragons of Nova Terra

Table of contents:
intro ||ongoing games(you are here)||1 SG raffle||pickups||extra

Welcome the Coulee!

The river dragons are know as Coulee. These lines were done by Bioweapon. Like many small creatures, these dragons are almost impossible to tell apart by gender just by looking. This tiny dragon makes its home near the water. Similar in habit to an otter or a muskrat, they are perfectly safe on land as well. Scientists debated as to if it was actually a dragon, for they were furred as well as scaled, warm blooded as well as egg laying.. but the debate rapidly ended when a specimen blasted it's handler with an icey breath attack. Stats ranges: Str: -3, Dex: +0, Int: +1, Cha: +2

scale next to a 6 foot man:

To welcome the Coulee, we are holding a 2 week celebration involving rivers! There are 3 catagories of prizes- image contest, where you find and post the best image of a river you can find; art contest- where you create your own art related to rivers; and writing contest- write a story or poem about a river.

You may enter each of the contests once.

Image contest prize:

Art contest prize:

Writing contest prize:

Welcome the Autruche!

Autruche dragons are relatively small. A grown man could walk under thier belly without ducking, but could reach up and touch the tummy, if standing on tip-toes. Their legs are long and thin, holding thier body high above the heat-reflective sands. In spite of the fur they wear as insulation, they are cold blooded.
str: -1, dex: -1, cha: -1, int:+3

Scale next to a 6 foot man:

To welcome the Autruche, we are holding a 2 week celebration involving ostriches! There are 3 catagories of prizes- image contest, where you find and post the best image of an ostrich you can find; art contest- where you create your own art related to ostriches; and writing contest- write a story or poem about an ostrich.

You may enter each of the contests once.

Image contest prize:

Art contest prize:

Writing contest prize:

Dragons of Nova Terra

Table of contents:
intro||ongoing games||1 SG raffle(you are here)||pickups||extra

1 SG raffle time! You can buy as many tickets as you wish, and gift as many tickets as you wish. Every 500 tickets bought, another prize will be added to the pool. Please do a serperate transaction for each person when gifting, and include thier name in the transaction line!

Auction starts: now! (oct 11) and ends Oct 18th at 23:59

Prize Pool:

Dragons of Nova Terra

Table of contents:
intro||ongoing games||1 SG raffle||pickups(you are here)||extra

Dragons of Nova Terra

Table of contents:
intro||ongoing games||1 SG raffle||pickups||extra(you are here)

indigowulf

springacres

I do!  I was sorta waiting for a "you can post" post lol :)

sera

sera's been waiting for the same thing.  lol

Dragons of Nova Terra

Wow I never said it was ok to post. I'm a dork. It's ok to post! lol. Edited time for auction since we missed a couple days from when I had planned it starting.

indigowulf

JBGarrison72

Oh shoot, I missed the contests.

Maybe you could reopen these contests right after halloween?  I have been waiting to get my hands on some of these.  :'(
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

sera

Have the contests closed?  i don't see a date/time on them. .  .

Dragons of Nova Terra

I may just try to run these later. The contests were marked to last 2 weeks, which would have ended Oct 27, but if there is no entry then theres no point in ending it.

Is it because there are so many other things holding peoples attention, or is there something about the way these are presented/look that is turning people off?

sera

Because of the number of events, i feel obligated to read up on each one again before i actually join.  i don't think there are actually too many events, sera's just lame and easily overwhelmed right now. xD;

Since we have confirmation that contests are open until the 27th, i shall actually start on some entries now.  ^^

Also, do we post here to buy raffle tickets or just start a send SG thing? ^^