SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gene Pool- first spawning, take 2!

Started by Gene Pool, January 28, 2010, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solistia

WHeee, Roshan will be the daddy of 9 eggs this spawning, I'm so proud |3

Ravvana

He is definitely one of my favorite starter fish :)

red_uni387

51's my favorite <3 wish I could buy her xD

Solistia

I'd like to get my hands on #58 someday X3 (but I don't know that we can get two starters through the Garney Customs vis Gene Pool thing or not OTL;; )

red_uni387

58's nice and white :D
and since it's to help Garney, I don't think there's a limit to how many fishy you can buy, but is better to ask ^-^

Solistia

I know, and she has all - for colors, which would go great with Roshan's all - colors X3
At the very least, if I don't have her, I want Roshan to breed with her ^w^

red_uni387

lol predictable offspring~
33's really nice too, I just love red eyes on anything <3

Solistia

Black body and red eyes is always a nice combination X3 it really makes the eyes stand out =D
Yes predictable offspring XD (I had wondered if - was lighter, 0 was normal, and + was darker, but my thoughts were foiled by one fish I saw OTL )

red_uni387

ahh I'm starting to fantasize about offspring possibilities XD
that's been posted in the genetic code thread, and - is for brighter colors ^^

Solistia

Oh? XD
I must have missed it!
but there was a darker fish I saw that had - in its color codes, so I was confused ;;>_>

red_uni387

hehe yeah I was looking at a bunch of fish to help Silv and found that out :D
hmm...so that might imply that it's different for fin and body color, since it's only the eye code part that has been figured out ^^ (i think)

Solistia

True that XD
I would assume it goes body>fins>eyes, but until we get the official hint, it's all speculation XD

red_uni387

which is why I wanted to donate an eggu ^-^ hopefully we get one of those hints from Roshan and 5's egg

Solistia

We can hope!
(btw, what are you hoping to name #5? :3)

red_uni387

I really don't know XD but she's beautiful and needs a fitting name <3

Solistia

That is true! I hope you can think of a fitting one ^o^

Since I got Roshan as my starter......I somehow became obsessed with the bright and warm colored gene pool fish OTL (since it seemed to me most were dark or cool colored XD) So I want to breed like crazy to produce more bright and warm colored fish X3
/quite excited about this whole breeding thing, has never been part of a shop so heavily based on breeding/genetics

red_uni387

thanks <3

yeah a lot seem to be more murky ^^ (like my darling Sludgy boy~) but I did get a yellow female starter from YLO, perhaps they can breed next season? :D yellow shall conquer!
lol me too! (which is why I want/need more feesh xD) The Stable is awesome too, but doesn't rely as heavily on genetics

Gene Pool

Solista could you help me out and let me know which fish had the - and was dark? It would be an error on my part.
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

Solistia

Yellow shall take over the world!! *o*b
And I'm excited to see if there's any mutations or special markings that come out of the breeding X3 (I can hope it'll be on one of mine, but seeing it on any new spawn would be great!)

@Gene Pool, lemme see if I can find it again XD I'll get back to you!

red_uni387

since it's the first breeding hopefully quite a few will pop up <3

Goddesss

I thought Solistia ran Gene Pool for some reason.  Not quite sure why though.

Gene Pool

005 had an extra 0 in it's 2nd color string- corrected. (In case you were trying to predict her offspring.)

No, I'm not Solista. I'm....

Public Service Announcement- Gene Pool breeding will be closing in 5 days. At that time, eggs that were donated to science will be homed with events. Once they find a home, your eggs will begin to hatch.

red_uni387

wow I didn't even catch that XD Thanks for fixing it <3

*pouts* i wanna know who it is :(

Gene Pool

Quote from: red_uni387 on January 31, 2010, 02:40:35 PM
58's nice and white :D
and since it's to help Garney, I don't think there's a limit to how many fishy you can buy, but is better to ask ^-^

No limit. Sorry, I missed this at first.

I figure, if we can help enough to pay for the server for the next 6 months, Garney can take a big sigh of relief!

Solistia

lol XD no, I run Luminaria /laughs

Okay, maybe my thinking of bright and dark is screwed (or my screen is), but these 3 made me question the +0- thing,
Sushi
Quincey

Awesome! I will so be nabbing #58 if there's an open slot B3

red_uni387

*holds up huge sign* If anyone wants to trade a Gene Pool fishie please PM me <3 I luffles them and will give them good homes and will help crack the genetic code with Silv :D (and I really like some of the starters in the premade folder, so I'm willing to trade a bunch of stuff if you'd buy one for me xD)

Gene Pool

Oh my. Sushi's code is all twisted. How did I get one so messed up?
For helping me find that, here is a hint:
current code in color section reads "0012200^022012-^0202020", that is supposed to be a pale orange body code! Must go fix that!

ah, I see what I did. I somehow reversed 2 code sections. Fixed now!

Solistia

I am also of a mind to trade Luminaria customs for a fishy through Garney customs (That alluvasudden became so complicated XD)
(Of course, if Gene Pool wanted a Luminaria custom for a fishy, that'd cut out the middle man? OTL;; /has no idea if that's even possible)

oh wow, awesome hint! =D /dances

red_uni387

:O so the 2nd set is the body color! and the 1st is fin color! omg I can go look around!! ee!

(same with me, Jumper custom for feeshy? though I doubt you want one xD)

Gene Pool

The only reason I am allowing the deal of buying from Garney is to help support the server itself. Otherwise, I have a 1 starter per person limit on ones you receve directly from me.

Solistia

I figured as much, but it was worth a try at least 8D
/hopes another slot opens on Garney's list soon~<3

YourLoveOnly

So no complicated IbuyUSDslot-Igetlumi-Solistiagetsfishie-Genepoolgetssomethingfromgarney-deals? xD

red_uni387

*tries to tempt YLO with Jumpers and kennel tag-it* XD

Solistia

that option is still quite open for me YLO 8D

Gene Pool

005 and Quincey have correct genetic codes. In Quincey's case, the gene expressed a bit strangely, but my art program insisted that his color is, in fact, a darker expression of the base color.

Solistia

I had wondered about that XD and good to know on the genetic codes (and glad I helped you find an error X3 I know it must be difficult to look through them all by yourself and just be overwhelmed with genetic numbers XD)

Gene Pool

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on January 31, 2010, 03:43:14 PM
So no complicated IbuyUSDslot-Igetlumi-Solistiagetsfishie-Genepoolgetssomethingfromgarney-deals? xD

All I am concerned with is that we keep it simple for Garney. Garney gets 1 custom form from 1 person and payment from that same person.

Beyond that, we can do big loopy trades, as long as you can keep straight who gets what.

YourLoveOnly

Yea but I dunno if Gene Pool will allow it xD I want Lumi!

@red: Kennel tag-it isn't so helpful, I could just buy a custom dog  ;)
But TheStable bribes are always worth a shot ;) But again, I dunno if this is allowed. If it is, feel free to PM me. I have at least $10 to spend, so one for you and one for Solistia if we can work something out.

Edit: oookay, appearently it's allowed.
I can do this without confusing Garney, I promise! ^^
I shall PM you when I've worked something out with red and/or Solistia

Lectral

So since Sushi's code was goofy... will that affect his three little eggs?

*goes back to watching egg*

Solistia

Awesome, feel free to PM me YLO, we can discuss details B3

red_uni387

Gene Pool

@Lectral, if you wish, I can go back and re-do his eggs. If you don't mind either way, I will leave them as-is and pretend there was something strange in his blotter of breeding chemicals that reversed genes.

It's aslo quite possible to buy "extra" fish yourself with the Garney trade deal, and then trade them off later. There are no limitation on how many starters a person may aquire from trades. I still have not had anyone buy 2 fish at once, so I haven't been able to get any kennel dogs. hint hint anybody X)

red_uni387

*stuck in musthavefeesh mode*

I'd love to buy you a kennel doggie, but I dun have paypal D:

SplitX

Hey love; I'm expecting a champion Great Dane litter. :3 Perhaps you'd like your first Kennel dog, a champion puppy of cuteness at that!, for a custom feesh? >___>;

YourLoveOnly

@Gene Pool: if I work something out with both red and solistia that'd be $10 so custom doggies! =3

red_uni387

omgomgomgihopeicanworksomethingoutomgomgomg *flails and spazzes*

Lectral

I'm good with his eggs as is - they will be fun :D

*ponders* I have no money... but I do have Cattery powers... are you interested in Cattery cats at all?

.... probably not, as I know that wouldn't work the way I thought XD

you can ignore me now... I am rambling >.>

Gene Pool

oooh I love you guys!

SplitX, I have to stick by my own rule of only 1 starter from me per person. The only way of getting more is from trading with others, or supporting Garney and helping pay for the server. I debated with myself quite a bit before offering that last one, but I want to do my part to help, and haven't got the funds myself.

Hmm do the rest of the staff help pay for the server as well? Debating with myself if I should extend things for anyone who helps Garney keep this thing up and running, or just keep it to those already listed by Garney in the trade thread.

For the record, I "am interested" in a lot of adoptables run here. I made the rule for myself, to keep myself from overstocking the starter pond. There is a good chance I may get myself a starter fish and begin accepting bribes for his babies each season.

Solistia

Perhaps there's the option of using a donated Egg for bribes? :3

And we all love you too, even if we don't know who you really are XD

Lectral

Quote from: Gene Pool on January 31, 2010, 03:59:22 PM
Hmm do the rest of the staff help pay for the server as well? Debating with myself if I should extend things for anyone who helps Garney keep this thing up and running, or just keep it to those already listed by Garney in the trade thread.

We do, when asked :D  Garney doesn't like to ask, but I try to help when I actually have funds to spare.  I did last month - gotta keep Secundi alive :)