News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Herrow! (Larthan art! :D) ((also, page stretch. o.o;)

Started by Larthan, July 22, 2010, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larthan

Edit: If I were to do adoptables, what would you guys like to see from me? Feel free to suggest an animal, a mix of animals, etc. I'll take anything into consideration. Also, perhaps suggest a price you'd be willing to pay for such things. :) I'm curious. :P
/edit

So... yeah. :3 Here's some examples of my art. I'm new here, so if my art isn't up to par with what you guys consider 'good' or something, don't beat me up (like I expect anything of the sort ;P)

indigowulf

these are wonderful. Why you not running adoptables or selling art, or better yet, hiring your services as an inker? *not that I want to hire you... nooooo... no alterior motives here!*

Larthan

Quote from: indigowulf on July 22, 2010, 10:21:05 PM
these are wonderful. Why you not running adoptables or selling art, or better yet, hiring your services as an inker? *not that I want to hire you... nooooo... no alterior motives here!*

LOL, seeing as I just started my account two days ago, and this is the second time I've actually been on the boards at all (this is my first post, in fact!), I don't think I've had enough time.

Also, I have touch-and-go net... so it's hard to say "I'll have this done (insert date)" and actually be able to have it to someone by then... cause my net's stupid, and so is my muse, and so is work. :P

Keilin Alyr

Welcome to Secundi, Larthan! Your artwork looks beautiful, I can't wait to see you settled and possibly adopting creatures out. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Larthan

Quote from: Keilin Alyr on July 22, 2010, 10:39:43 PM
Welcome to Secundi, Larthan! Your artwork looks beautiful, I can't wait to see you settled and possibly adopting creatures out. =)

I'm still entirely unsure about the process on that. :P

indigowulf

Just browse the existing ones and get the hang of it. A lot start in the help booth to get interest and feedback.

Just template lines/shading on a different layer then your colors. Save the .psd/.xcf (depending on art program) so you can re-color layers to make unique creatures without having to remake lines every time. Of course, if you really want to draw completly unique lines for each one, you can get more for them, but it will take a lot more time and overwealm some artists.

*resists trying to make you offers to get you to ink lol*
Ill still point to my thread tho- you have the quality Im seeking.
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2536.0

Larthan

Quote from: indigowulf on July 22, 2010, 10:49:50 PM
Just browse the existing ones and get the hang of it. A lot start in the help booth to get interest and feedback.

Just template lines/shading on a different layer then your colors. Save the .psd/.xcf (depending on art program) so you can re-color layers to make unique creatures without having to remake lines every time. Of course, if you really want to draw completly unique lines for each one, you can get more for them, but it will take a lot more time and overwealm some artists.

*resists trying to make you offers to get you to ink lol*
Ill still point to my thread tho- you have the quality Im seeking.
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2536.0

Oh, I know how to template and all that, what I'm not sure about is... well, generally everything else. What my artwork is worth, the actual game in general, etc. o.o;

indigowulf

start in help booth for feedback. Hold a couple auctions to get an idea what people are willing to pay. Im willing to bet it will be pretty good prices based on your art.

As for the game itself.. I recomend lots of reading lol. Theres stickys and posts on almost everything you could want to know between the top 3 forums. Anything else, just ask. Friendly community here, we will help with anything we can!

(btw, did you get your starter wobble and gidget yet? Get them from agency/adopt pages ;))

Larthan

Quote from: indigowulf on July 22, 2010, 11:28:34 PM
start in help booth for feedback. Hold a couple auctions to get an idea what people are willing to pay. Im willing to bet it will be pretty good prices based on your art.

As for the game itself.. I recomend lots of reading lol. Theres stickys and posts on almost everything you could want to know between the top 3 forums. Anything else, just ask. Friendly community here, we will help with anything we can!

(btw, did you get your starter wobble and gidget yet? Get them from agency/adopt pages ;))

:| No I did not. I bought one because I couldn't find out where to go from the beginning.

YourLoveOnly

I loooove your art. If you feel like you lack time to start your own adoptable, I hope you'll at least open up commissions at some point. I would love to see your art floathing around the adoptable area. <3

Welcome to Secundi! ^^

Larthan

Hrm. I wonder what people would like to see from me...

as soon as I can get the laptop to stop randomly overheating, so I don't lose progress. :|

*stabs computer*

Mutt

BORZOIS! I thought I was the only one who liked them XD I LOVE your Zois you draw them so cute :3

Larthan

Quote from: Mutt on July 24, 2010, 01:09:04 AM
BORZOIS! I thought I was the only one who liked them XD I LOVE your Zois you draw them so cute :3

c_c I heart Zois. I'm hoping to own one, one day...

SeaCrest

I love your horses. I also like the cutesy eyes of the first dragon. I posted some stuff in your help thread ;)

Mutt

Quote from: Larthan on July 24, 2010, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: Mutt on July 24, 2010, 01:09:04 AM

c_c I heart Zois. I'm hoping to own one, one day...

Me too, they're lovely dogs :)

Neocridders

So much love for these critters here I just want to pick them all up and give them a hug. Except for that angry looking horse. He's gorgous, but I don't think he'd enjoy my picking him up and giving a hug. ;) Maybe not the centaur either... but definitely all the rest <3<3<3

Goddesss

Alll of these are wonderful.  I totally love the sketch with the dragon niting the others tail.  It is so adorable.

Rosewood

I love the centar and the horses the best, but the Borzoi is awesome too. You have a really huge talent. I hope you open up commissions or start your own adopt line. I would so stalk you and your art. XD

EvanescentHowling

I absolutely LOVE the dragon-type creatures at the beginning, SO cute! :D I can't wait to see whats next :)