News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Trading some Quinsta

Started by Winged, July 03, 2011, 05:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

I have a few Quinsta that i'm interested in trading. I just haven't clicked with them, so would love for them to go to a home where they'd be more appreciated.
I'm mostly looking to trade them for other Quinsta (breeds i'm interested in below). The coats that i'm most interested in are Blue dun, Smokey Black and any with blanket or snowflake appy. But i'll look at any Quin, they're just the coats that i've been really wanting.

Images all link to their pages.

Creslath- Traded

F Grey, back right Coronet, back left Coronet, Blaze (Calm and sweet, not a mover)
Offers:
Kahlira- Garden Nom
BKC- Night Nom & Wolfhound *
Goddesss- Gryphion of one of my characters

Bishe

M Brown, front right Pastern, back right Fetlock, back left Pastern, Irregular Blaze (Prone to shying and nervousness, not a mover)
Offers:
BKC- Bay arab stallion *

Cassa

Smokey Black Tobiano, front left Stocking (Generally willing, but occasionally nervous, a mover)
Offers:
YLO- 3 unique-marking & 2 semi custom Panda Shrimps
Ryuu- 2 full Okibi customs *

Yiaeilliin- Traded

F Black (Generally willing, but occasionally nervous, a mover)
Offers:
Kahlira- Garden Nom (second choice)
luv007- kennel pups- discussing trade *

I'm looking for other Quinsta mostly, but will look at others too.
~Other Quinsta (in order of preferance)- Andalusians, Minis, Shetlands, Vanners, male clydesdales, male arabs.
~Kennel dogs- GSD, Akita, Elkhound, Minature Pinscher, American Eskimo, Italian Greyhound, Wolfhound, Border Collie, Cocker Spaniel
~Garden Noms
~Feli
~Poss PU
~Poss Stable
~Customs of my characters
Owner of Gliders!

BabyKittenCandy

Ooo... I have admired Bishe for a while, I have this boy I could part with for him:

Kahlira

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=515431

for Creslath? She's the one I like more, but if a no on Creslath, then maybe on Yiaeilliin? (She's second choice)

Luv007

How would you feel about trading that black Friesan girlie for a kennel pup or two?  I have some italian greyhounds, american eskimoes, wolfhounds, border collies, GSDs, and various other breeds.  I'm also open to using my bed and coloring the litter with someone else's parent dogs.  They can keep a pup for the parents  or a pup per parent and you can keep one-two pups from the litter depending on the litter size?

She is one awesome girl.  I <3 her!

Winged

Thanks for the offers! BKC and Kah, i like both of them so i'll think about it and leave it open for a couple days to see what other offers i get.
luv007, i would be interested in that :) Let me know which dogs you're interested in trading.

ETA: I looked at your kennel pets and i don't see many of the breeds you mentioned... I might be intereted in your American Eskimo Magdalene but out of the ones i see there that's it.
Owner of Gliders!

Luv007

That all depends on what you would like!!

I have this specific girl that needs a new home before the month is out, but the rest we can barter with as well.  If nothing else, like I said, we can choose some parents and breed you exactly what you would like.  I have PLENTY of beds!

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=529329

What colors do you prefer?  What breed is your favorite?  I have a ton of dogs that are waiting to get imported and we can use those to breed pups!  Let me find a link for those dogs as I think all the links posted are secure to only the kennel workers right now.  It comes up weird when I click on them.

This hasn't been updated in some time, but I think there are a few of the breeds you are interested in on here.
http://www.freewebs.com/apiece-ofheaven/index.htm

EDIT:  Here is a link to all of my off-world soon-to-be-imported doggies: http://www.lemontoss.com/kennel/owners/v/Dog+Owners/Luv007/

Winged

Hmm... not too fond of the Iggie's markings but thanks for the offer anyway. Also, i would prefer to trade for actual dogs already coloured, not pups that haven't yet been coloured. But i'll think on it and let you know.

The breeds that i like best are listed above, but out of the ones you mentioned earlier i would prefer italian greyhounds, american eskimoes and wolfhounds. GSDs i have quite a few at the moment, so i am much pickier with them.
The sort of coats i like best... that differs. I like subtle but unusual coats :) If you look at my kennel dogs that could give you an idea of what i like. I'm trading the ones near the top, so don't look at them quite so much. My favourites out of mine are probably Firefly, Becky, Rosco, Zack, Elk1 amd Wolf5. I have an obsession with blue coats, though i don't much like blue coats with lots of white sometimes.

ETA: Just saw your edit. Are you trading any of those? I would be interested in some of the GSDs, wolfhounds and possibly BCs and Cockers.
Owner of Gliders!

Luv007

Gotcha.  I'll PM in a second if you don't mind after I've looked at the dogs you just mentioned.

Winged

Okay, that's fine :) I'll be going outside soon, so may not reply for a while. Depends how long i stay outside and if i use the internet on my phone.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I can offer three unique-marking + two semi custom Panda Shrimps for your Grade girl.

Winged

Thanks for the offer! I'll put it down and leave it open for a few days.
Owner of Gliders!

BabyKittenCandy

Decided to also offer the Wolfhound you liked in my thread and this night nom: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=516275 for Creslath (sorry Kah!!)

The nom is slightly inbred, dunno if that will bother you or not, but rather make you aware.

Winged

Thanks for the offer :) I'll think about it, i do really want a night nom and she's gorgeous! But i'm worried about that inbreeding since i'd like to breed her. Tricky choice...
Probably still the offer that can top the other nom offer i got though. Sorry Kah.
Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

Tis cool, BKC, variety is the spice of life <3

BabyKittenCandy

If you take a look at her pedigree you will see its not much. I dunno how to work it out % wise but It would be pretty easy to breed that out and tbh, I believe Leet said it doesnt affect them. Its all down to preference.

Winged

Yeah, i'm just worried about it affecting the trade value of her offspring, but i've been told that most Night Noms are inbred anyway.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I think since there are only six 1st gen Night Noms with no more to be added people will be forced to inbreed when breeding to other Night Noms after a certain amount of generations. I mean once a Night Nom has all six starter Noms in the pedigree it's not possible to breed to an unrelated Night Nom anymore.. I think people would avoid a regular Nom with inbreeding more than a Night or Flight Nom, because with regular Noms it's easy to avoid and with Night and Flight Noms it will be almost required at some point

TheLeet

I think YLO is probably right up to a point. However, inbreeding can be avoided by breeding a Night Nom to a regular Nom and using a moonstone so I don't think that it will ever be required.

YourLoveOnly

*nods* I was talking about when you only want to breed Night Noms either because you want multiple babies or because you want to avoid crossbreeding (although I think more people are against inbreeding than crossbreeding). I know I personally don't want a regular Nom that is inbred, but if a Night or Flight Nom is really gorgeous I would consider it.

Winged

Leet, what are the differences when breeding a Night Nom to a normal nom with a moonstone? Apart from the obvious different breed of one parent of course. Any pros and cons? I'm only just getting into nom breeding.
Owner of Gliders!

TheLeet

I think the main difference is that there is only one moon stone available which means that you will only get one Night Nom from the breeding. A Night Nom from such a breeding is no different from "pure" Night Noms, though.
I think it's a nice way to introduce new colours and new blood into the breed. It never even occured to me that anyone might have a problem with crossbreeding but I can now see how that could be considered to be a disadvantage by some :D

Ryuukokoro

Heh heh, I came here to look at Quin and I see instead an interesting Garden Nom discussion! XD I agree that since there's there's only 6 of the original Night and Flights, inbreeding will probably start appearing a lot as the generations go by. But I did rush to check my own Nights and I was happy to see no inbreeding there. XD

Now for the Quin! I really loooove Grades. I'd like to offer 2 full Okibi customs for the smokey black tobiano Grade girl. <3 Includes the Fennec Fae breed.

Winged

hehe, it did get into a discussion about noms xD
Thanks for your offer, i'll think about it for the next few days, since i'm leaving them open for a few days, or till i get an absolutely amazing offer. I'd love to get some Okibi of my characters.
Owner of Gliders!

Goddesss

I can offer a Gryphion of one of your characters for each Quin.  I am most interested in Creslath and Bishe.

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Winged

I've put a star beside the offer that i'm most interested in currently for each Quin. Just to let people know if they need to make another offer to get the quin. These aren't my final descisions though, i'll leave this for a little longer.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

I've decided that i'll trade Creslath for BKC's Night Nom & Wolfhound. Still taking offers on the others, since i'd love to see more quinsta offers for them :)
Owner of Gliders!

Luv007

I'm working on the American Eskimo litter.  It's taking some patience to get things the way I want them....

YourLoveOnly

I have a Vanner mare I could offer on Cassa, but she's inbred, I don't know if you mind that? (I personally don't want inbred Quin which is why I'm trading her but I know there are lots of people who don't mind much)

Winged

Thanks Luv, can't wait to see them!
YLO, i'm probably not wanting any inbred Quinsta, sorry. I do have a couple of mine who are inbred but that was by accident. I might still consider her if she's just what i'm looking for but otherwise not.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

She isn't super fancy coat wise so that's probably a no then. She's brown tobiano. I do think she's very pretty ^^

This one was by accident too, the breeder is actually against inbreeding and I wasn't aware of it until Ravv pointed it out when I offered her for RB.

Winged

Yeah, she is gorgeous but still a no :(
Owner of Gliders!