News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Some Lines & Semi Custom Arts For Sale

Started by Whimsy, August 06, 2010, 03:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whimsy

I figured id clear some of my work off my computer. Theres no better way to do then have an art dump sale.

---

Sold to Goddesss & Seacrest for 500k

(colors are on there just to show shading)

---

Linearts

Pot bellied pony

*can add another adult and foal
*can shade and template markings

Sloth

*can add baby
*can ink & shade

---

Templated

Genie/Ghost

*two versions
-shown - gimp style shading
-not shown - psd style shading (exact same just a little duller)
*can add baby

---

Feel free to offer whatever i really have no use for any of this stuff.

---

Whimsy

SeaCrest

They're all really cute, but I love the horse ^_^ How much would you be looking for for the horse? I can't really offer that much...but they're all really good! Do you use a tablet pen to draw?

Goddesss

Oh I love the horse.  I might be able to use the sloth too.  Are you looking for SG?

Whimsy

yes i draw with a tablet  pen, i have a wacom touch & pen.

and are you guys both talking about the headshot or the pony? sorry  just a little confused lol

whichever feel free to offer whatever. The headshot i can either send to you and you can color it at will or i can color it and put a mane on it for you and save it as a flat image.

Goddesss

Yes I am talking about the head shot.  Let me think about what I would want to do and I will offer then.  If someone else offers and you like it take it.  

ETA:  I am half asleep and tend to press submit without reading what I wrote and now it seems rude.  SeaCrest showed interst first so I want her to be able to offer and if you like her offer for her to get it. =)

Rosewood

I love the Pot bellied pony. How much would you want for it if I asked you to add shading, a few templated markings and another adult and a foal?
Let me know hpow much you would be looking for (it is in sg right?).

You are an awesome artist, I don't draw horses that well on the heads or the legs. They alway get all messed up. XD

SeaCrest

Yes, the headshot. Sorry for the confusion XD

Could you add a mane to a layered file and send it to me? Then I can color at will? I fail at drawing stuff on the computer, but I like to color. The shading would be included, yes?

And would you mind if I used it multiple times? Because if you don't mind, I'll let Goddess use the headshot too, if you take my offer.

I could give you 75k (although I balk at that O_o), 50k+a small kennel bed (I could throw in something else too), or let Goddess buy. As I said before, I don't have much to spend, whereas Goddess has plenty, I am sure :P

Goddesss

Heheheheh well if we can both use it I will pay for it.  So I will offer for the head shot PSD with a mane added for me to use as I please as long as I credit you of course 500k.

I would really only use it here maybe color some for family or something lol.

SeaCrest

ROFL, thanks Goddess.

>_> See, I told you Goddess has much more to spend then I do. I only have 160k :P

Whimsy

XD goddesss its yours, what sort of mane would you like on it though?

and rosewood for a fully templated set say 750k? or i would love to trade for a dog or something of that sort the only pet i have is one lonely gidget.

Goddesss

First of all bid on any name me gidget in my account that is up for bid.  Just bid 0.

Umm I have no preference so SeaCrest can choose.  I will poke her to let you know.  Sending the SG now.

Whimsy

Okay ^^

May i suggest a mane that falls to the far side so it dosnt take away from the horse himself? if not its totally up to you guys.

SeaCrest

Urgh, no rubber bands, Goddess! No, I only like braids on RL horses XD

Um...yesh, that would be pretty. Long or short? I prefer long, but you can play around if long doesn't fit. And the forelock would go on the far side too, yesh?

Thanks, Goddess *noms*

Whimsy

Oh well crap! do your guys have gimp? the shading works best in that program.

Whimsy

if your dont ill show you how to use the shading layer otherwise so it looks correctly ^^

Goddesss

I use photo shop but I do have gimp on here. 

SeaCrest

Whimsy

I set the shading so it was useable in either ^^ just leave all the shading layers alone and you should be good guys.

Heres the hair how is it? if its good ill send the file goddesss way.

SeaCrest

Perfect! Thanks again, Whimsy!

BTW: Are we allowed to use the lines for other players? Not like an adoptable, but mimics of real horses and such? Thanks ^_^

Rosewood

Whimsy, 750k sounds good, I do have a dog I don't like all that much. If you like her, I could offer her to you as well as 250k? Or... I don't know. lol

Oh, by the way, what kind of markings would you template? Just wondering.

Edit:

Her name is Lady. No offspring, and starter.

Whimsy

Rosewood

Whimsy

I'll take her  ^^ i dont think her breed is very popular and those are the breeds i want to get into.

Whimsy

ive got the sketch for the female and ill do the sketch for the baby tomorrow rosewood. We can do the trade whenever sweetie.

I should maybe be tomorrow night before i have the set done. As far as markings go what where you looking for.

Rosewood

ok, do you also want the 200k with the dog, or just the dog, or what? lol

Whimsy

and seacrest yes sweetie use it how you want you guys bought it so have at it you can make profits and so on if you choose.

Whimsy

just the dog would be fine for me but if youd like to throw in the 200k thatd top me off to 1 mill sg and i may be able to get a mate for the girl im getting from you.

Rosewood

ok, i'll throw that in. My sg just sits there anyway. I'll put her up for bid and send the sg. Please bid zero on her.

Whimsy

Okay rosewood

and heres the psd file for the horse guys tell me when you get it and ill take it down
http://www.exoload.com/810/headshot.psd

Goddesss

Oh the hair looks beautiful. 

Oh that is your first Kennel Dog congratz!!!!! What other breeds do you want to get into?

<------ thinks you should open commissions if you have time.  She needs an adoptable set lol.

Rosewood

Quote from: Whimsy on August 06, 2010, 09:59:00 PM
ive got the sketch for the female and ill do the sketch for the baby tomorrow rosewood. We can do the trade whenever sweetie.

I should maybe be tomorrow night before i have the set done. As far as markings go what where you looking for.

ok, and for markings, I wouldn't mind a Paint temp and maybe dapple (tho I still may sometimes color them with out a temp, just incase I get lazy. XD).

Goddesss

Oh and I guess I made it sound like you could have one gidget.  You can have as many of them as you would like. =)

SeaCrest

Got it! Thanks, Whimsy!

OK, I take that back, I don't. My USB won't show up. Can you pm me the link for later, and then you can remove it from the thread? Sorry >.<

Thanks! I should be able to get it by tomorrow, 14:00+

Goddesss

I have it for sure.  If you need I can email it to you SeaCrest.

SeaCrest

Okay, thanks, Goddess.

I guess you can remove it now, Whimsy :)

I got it. I've got it on the right computer, anyway XD

Goddesss

Hahahaha np SeaCrest. 

Whimsy what is this kind of shading called?  I have never seen it before.

red_uni387

what cute art! the way the pot bellied pony is drawn reminds me of how Orchid draws though xD

Whimsy

Hrm ive been told on another site that i had a similar style to her. I think its because we use similar programs and ink the exact same way (using the path tool on gimp and setting it to ink & emulate brush style)? Im not for sure but her proportions are way better then mine lol. Im just starting out with my tablet and computer to so its likely that my style will sway away from what im doing right now.

Whimsy

Its called i learned it from a friend a long time ago and i need to update lol. You duplicate the color locked layer, set it to either overlay (for ps) or grain merge (for gimp) you then color the second color locked layer that you changed the mode on to 808080 grey. Next you burn where you want shading you dodge where you want highlights and smudge..very easy yet way to simple for me. Im working on a new style in PS, it'll be similar with the color locked layer because that way i dont have to clean up my shading and so on but it'll be far more detalied.

Goddesss

I think it is pretty.  It looks really nice with alot of colors but doesnt work with alot also. 
Use a clipping mask in photoshop and you wont have to clean up your shading.  What PS do you have?

Whimsy

Yes it does fail with pure colors. If you take the file to gimp however you can change one of each shading layer to Grain Merge and then delete the other and it will work with all colors :D

Not sure how to use a clipping layer yet ill see if i have it i have Adobe PS elements 7

Goddesss

oh thats great to know.  I tried it in gimp but didnt know what to change it to.  Thanks. =)

in PS if you right click the layer you want to mask look for something about a clipping mask.  Then it will only show markings in the area that isnt transparent in the layer it is clipped to.

SeaCrest

Ok, I gotta ask - what's grain merge? I have GIMP up, but it's an old version XD

Goddesss

Do you want to know what it does or where to find it?

SeaCrest

Goddesss

If you click on a layer and then up at the top of your layer box is mode.  I dont think i an explain it well so here is a screen shot.  As far a s what it does i would have to look it up.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2e6gfwi.jpg

SeaCrest

Okay, thanks!

"Grain merge mode merges a grain layer (possibly one created from the “Grain extract”  mode) into the current layer, leaving a grainy version of the original layer. It does just the opposite of “Grain extract”. It adds the pixel values of the upper and lower layers together and subtracts 128. "

That's what this site says: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-layer-modes.html

ETA: Huh, it seems to mess up the shading...oh well, I just tweak it a little darker or lighter than I want it ^_^

Goddesss

hehehehe sounds about right.  Did you find it?

SeaCrest

Yup, but it seems to make the shading a little odd - the highlights stand out way more than before...

Goddesss

did you delete the other shading layer?