News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Salamanders

Started by Echowing, March 13, 2010, 11:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echowing

I realized I have to do this because I really love salamanders >.<

Anyway, those are two examples with line/art/shading by me. There will be no cert for these (I'm horrible at them), the info will be text on the transparent background.

And well, salamanders are relatively hard to mold around something interesting. I mean they are just there.... salamanders. So to make it more...something.....I'll use the element system on these. Because I cannot RP there most likely will not be anything by me in that area. If you really want to RP with 'em though (What're you gonna do with salamanders?) then go ahead.

The basic elements would be
-fire-water-earth-air-light-dark-
Most basic salamanders would only have a trait of one basic element.

Secondary elements (mixes of elements). All basics can mix with light and dark but they cannot mix with opposing elements. Opposing would be:
Fire x Water
Earth x Air
Light x Dark

By the way, these are really a small "because I wanted them" adopt so please do not be daunted by the element code thing. That's just to make it more fun and challenging for me (and maybe more interesting for you).

Please tell me if you're interested and what you might like to do with these or see them used for.

Echowing

Salamander Element Code:

Code set up
Sal-?(number made)-?(basic element)-?(secondary element/if one) 
ex: Sal-0-45-11 [Salamander #0 - light and air (the basics of any sec. ele. show up here even though
it's redundant) - ? (whatever name of light x air will be)]

Basic elements:
0-none
1-fire
2-water
3-earth
4-air
5-light
6-dark

Secondary elements:
0-none
Fire x Air = ? - 1
Fire x Earth = ? - 2
Fire x Light = ? - 3
Fire x Dark = ? - 4
Earth x Water = ? - 5
Earth x Light = ? - 6
Earth x Dark = ? - 7
Water x Air = ? - 8
Water x Light = ? - 9
Water x Dark = ? - 10
Air x Light = ? - 11
Air x Dark = ? - 12

? means needing descriptive name suggestion so that I dont have to write out "element whatever x element whatever"
all the time.

Opposing
Fire x Water = X
Earth x Air = X
Light x Dark = X

Echowing

Breeding

Basics of breeding:

All breedings produce 2 salamanders.

When two basics mate they will create a secondary unless they have opposing elements.
Opposings get a random selection of each element.

When two secondarys mate I will run a punnet square between the 4 elements they have between them. You run the risk of having dead salamanders if you mate two that contain opposing elements.

Ex:             2 (water)     5 (light)
              -----------------------
   1 (fire)  |   1-2 (X) |    1-5    |
3 (earth)  |   3-2      |    3-5     |
               -----------------------

The one marked with X would be dead.  I would run the results into a random generator twice and the one that gets chosen as first would be the salamander you get each time. Unfortunately you have the horrible possibility of getting two dead salamanders so it is important to avoid clashing elements.

Echowing

Echowing

Echowing