News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Wanderers Introduction

Started by quyllur, October 04, 2009, 07:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quyllur

Ok, so I was thinking about doing a role-play based adoptable featuring horses.

This is the only line art I have finished but I wanted to get some opinions on him.

So, to help me you could let me know what you think of:
A: The shading?
B: The cert?
C: The mane and tail?

How are they now? How could I make them better?

Ryuukokoro

I think your art is very nice! I like the shading, though it's a little scarce on the figure. Maybe try highlights as well as shaded areas? The coloring on the mane and tail is awesome, it really does appear to have the texture of hair. :)

quyllur

Thank you Ryuu!  I did try to do some highlights but they just didn't turn out.  I'll have to try again. :)

quyllur

It may just be the end of the world right now...

I'd been playing around with shading and highlighting on this lineart, then I saved and now all of a sudden I can't open the thing in either GIMP or photoshop.   I'm pretty upset as I'd just gotten the highlighting in a way that I liked it.  Obviously I still have the original hand-drawn sketch, but I'm pretty peeved that I'll have to start all over with the lineart!

Ryuukokoro

Hmm. If you'd like you could send the file to me via e-mail and I'll try to open it. I have a bit of luck playing around with misbehaving files.

quyllur

That would be awesome Ryuu!  The only layer I really need is the line art layer, and I tried using different programs to extract it but it wasn't working for me.  Maybe you'll have better luck.