News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Jumper Dragons - Interest Thread

Started by red_uni387, September 04, 2009, 08:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

dragonspyrt was selling a bunch of very cute sketches, but this was my absolute favorite of the bunch. Unfortunately, I was sure I didn't have nearly enough. When I logged on the next day and saw they were sold, I was heartbroken......they were just so cute. I was so surprised when Kat PMed me saying she had bought and gotten them inked for me! *snuggles* So thanks to her, i have a chance to run a very very adorable little dragon adoptie. :D Please welcome the Jumpers! (may change the name later, we'll see)

Credits
Art - dragonspyrt
Inking - dragonspyrt
Shading - WillowDragon
Cert- Aya
Given to me by - TheKat
Run by - red_uni387

Contents:
Post 1 - Intro/Credits
Post 2 - Examples
Post 3 - Jumper/Island Info
Post 4 - Seasons/Traditions
Post 5 - F.A.Q.

red_uni387

Example

red_uni387

Jumper Info

What they are- Jumpers are small dragons about 3 ft. tall and normally weigh around 60lbs. Their legs are covered with muscles, built up from running and jumping quickly. Because they lack arms, their strong legs are used for everything. Like most dragons, Jumpers are carnivores, and have the ability to breathe fire. However, Jumpers have different elements which affect the type of fire they breathe.

What they eat- Jumpers mainly eat small birds, but sometimes will band together to bring down a larger animal. They will never ever eat any type of vegatation, not even if they are starving.

Elements-Jumpers have 5 different fire elements. Fire obviously breathes orange fire, and is the most common. Ice is a bit rarer, but still easy to find. They breathe dry ice or frozen flames. Earth is even harder to find. Earth Jumpers breathe mud. It's not even normal mud, but a special type that cakes so hard you can't escape. Air Jumpers breathe an air so cold you freeze before you realize what hit you. These tend to be very very picky Jumpers, and you need to be careful around them. The last and most rare element is magic. These Jumpers can breathe out whatever natural thing they choose(like fruits, seeds, fire, air, earth, ice, etc.). Because they can breathe anything, magic Jumpers grow to be healthier and stronger than the others.

Want to know more? I'm very forgetful, so I don't cover everything. If there's something you'd like to know, just post it in this thread and I'll add it in. :)

Tamma

Tamma is the island Jumpers live on. It's normally a desert, but changes according to the seasons. The seperate blossoms bloom during the corresponding season, and small animals appear during certain times. (more info coming later)

red_uni387

Seasons

Breeding Season- Jumpers mate during the summer months, and babies start appearing around the end of july. No item is needed, only 2 Jumpers of the same element and opposite gender. When summer rolls around, I will post a thread with a breeding form. Jumpers usually only produce 1 child, but sometimes twins occur. Magic Jumpers are very hard to breed, and are the only element that can miscarry a baby. Twins are not possible with magic Jumpers. After all the babies arrive, I will allow 2-3 weeks for a trading season. ^^

Trading Season- Trading Jumpers is not allowed unless it is trading season. Jumpers get very attached to their owners, and refuse to leave. However, during spring, they begin to relax into their breeding mode and can be traded. This period of time usually starts around April and lasts until June. They can be traded for anything but USD and RL items. No recerting fee is required, but I do ask that you don't trade your Jumpers constantly. It can be very confusing for the little dragon.

Traditions

Ice Blossom Festival- Winter is known as the season of the Ice Blossoms. This festival is the most active, since staying still in cold weather will result in a frozen Jumper. xD Blossoms really do grow during this barren time, but they are very very small and hard to find. Jumpers love to challenge each other to scavenger hunts and search for these tiny flowers. The winner will recieve a wreath made of the flowers at the end of the game. Child Jumpers judge each other by the amount of ice blossom wreaths they have collected. Another popular game played by the children is snowman building. They don't have hands, so this game is very very competetive. Adults always judge this contest and award the best snowman a single flower.

Earth Blossom Festival- Spring is known as Earth Blossom season. Crazy huge flowers bloom during this time, and Jumpers love to play hide and seek among them. This season is when everything grows, so their entire island is a lush forest of trees and plants. Several of the plants have special properties that seem to affect breeding season results, so Jumper adults search for them. (meaning they can only be found during an RP) These plants resemble a footprint, so they are very, very easy to miss. Tree decorating is also a popular game. Jumpers claim a tree and decorate it with all the pretty flowers that have bloomed. Adults and children alike participate in this game, and it's all for fun! (but I will have prizes ^^)

Fire Blossom Festival- The Fire Blossom Festival is for summer. Fire Blossoms are strange plants that actually can start fires. When they grow old and start to wither, they burst into flame, like a phoenix. The ashes are the seeds, and they scatter and spread by the wind. The Jumpers also hold ash gathering hunts, and help the seeds spread too. Unfortunately, fire blossoms only grow during this time, and when the time of the air blossoms come, their ashes grow darker and heavier, so the wind can't spread the seeds. But while they last, Jumpers love to play toss the flower with a near death bloom. If the flower bursts into flame while you are holding it, you win the game. Jumpers are resistant to the blossom's fire, so flames don't bother them.

Air Blossom Festival- The Air Blossom festival is for autumn, or fall. Air blossoms provide the soft winds that blow during this season. They are huge flowers, but are very hard to find due to their camoflaging ability. If a Jumper does happen to chance upon one, it is seen as a promise of good luck. They hide in the flowers for several hours, focusing on one thing. When they emerge, what they were focusing on will somehow improve. So if they were thinking of raising a garden, a bunch of seeds would blow towards the dragon. At the end of the season, petals are collected from the blossoms and are crushed into a fine powder. If taken sparsely, this powder can help you heal from any illness, even a life threatening one.

Element Ritual- Jumpers start out with no element at all. Around the end of August, adult Jumpers herd all the element-less Jumpers to a huge field to determine what their element will be. Parents usually don't have much influence on the element, but by making it so only the same element can breed together, the child's element has more chance of being the parent's. In 'reality', you will be posting baby Jumpers that need to have their element found, and I will use random.org to help me determine. Of course, the more common elements will have more chances, and the parent's element will also have an increased chance.

Monthly Rock Gathering- Because Jumpers are dragons, rocks are really the only safe thing they can collect xD (flowers did not work so well.....) Anyway, I'm hoping i can find someone who will code a website like skyreels, with the caves and aeries so it's easier, but most likey I'll have to come up with something else.....cause I can't spend USD ona domain >.< But at the end of each month, a special shop will open, and special items you can only buy with rocks will be avaliable. Rocks are tradeable because they are like currency, but the items in the shops can't be traded.

red_uni387

F.A.Q.
Questions? I'll answer them here if they don't fit in anywhere else.

Goddesss

Very cute little dragon!
You comes home with me.  Ill take care of you.   ;)

TheKat

You already know I adore them and want one badly ^^

Chem_Gal

I like these. I think they will be an awesome critter =D

red_uni387

*snuggles everyone* :D

wow this got more replys in a few hours than PI's thread did in 2 days o.o

Garney

Ooh blossom festivals! What a cute idea!

Chem_Gal

PI has far too many adoptables to keep track of them all or to see new ones easily x__x

Poupou

These are really cute!  I hope I'll get a chance to snag one for sure! :D

Ryuukokoro

Aw, they're cute! Something about the lack of arms really appeals to their cuteness. XD

red_uni387

Thanks Garney! :) I'm trying to find more ways to add flowers into the actual festival ^^

and their big feet add to the cuteness too! <3

Taruia

I like them! They are so cute, and the ideas you have for their history and such are really detailed and wonderful

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Chem_Gal

Don't forget the big eyes, they definitely got me on the cute factor

indigowulf

I keep imagining a butterfly or something fluttering by him, it looks like he should be looking at something with that expression.

Tari Mithrandir

The art is cute, though it freaks me out a bit (makes me think of a brontosaurus or tyrannosaurus that is missing its body and front legs). But cute nonetheless :P
I really like the detail and thought you have put into these. To me that is what truly makes an adoptable, not just art alone :)
~Tari

Garney

Makes me think of shriekers from the Tremors movies >.>

red_uni387

Thanks Taru :) I tend to think of adoptie as living breathing critters, so developing their world is a lot of fun

;) lol I think the whole critter is adorable

indigo, maybe a butterfly could be the cert? ^^

and Thank you Tari <3

Tremors? *goes to look it up* xD

red_uni387

Earth Blossom festival info is up! :)

if anyone has any suggestions for games and such, don't hesitate to post or Pm me! <3

WillowDragon

Shades of Venus

Hah! Tremors XD

These are very cute indeed, can't wait to see what you do with them <3

red_uni387

Thanks!! <333

I made a little survey, so if anyone would like to help me make this a better adoptie, you don't have to do tons of thinking :)

What do you think of the concept so far?
What would you like to see added?
Do you like the art?
What kind of shading should be applied?
How are the festival ideas?
Are the season times okay?
Should I make breeding season more than once a year?
Because these have different elements, should I hire someone to draw add-ons to distinguish different elements?
How's my attitude towards people? (be harsh, i know I'm a terrible people person)
What can I do to inprove?
Any ideas you'd like me to consider adding to the shop?
Would you like to be part of the shop?

SplitX

Quote from: Garney on September 05, 2009, 02:17:06 PM
Makes me think of shriekers from the Tremors movies >.>
O.O; -SCREAMS!-
Those movies always gave me nightmares, and still do. They're not scary, but I still have nightmares about them. You know, I'm at the house, there's a simple dance party or something, then the floor boards start getting pushed up and we all have to jump on things and run tot he second floor, but some people don't make it. >>; Or I'm like... on a bike path, and it leads to a desert, and I have to get through this maze/temple thing and get some sort of ancient weapon of mysticism, without being killed by shriekers, graboids, or... er, butt-blasters. >D

I just woke up, so I can't fill out that survery right now, but I'll come back & fill it out later. <3 I LOVE these, the ideas are great. If you ever want any help with these cuties, lemme know! :D

red_uni387

Thanks Splitty! <333 I'll most likely be looking for help since I fail at coloring well, but I wanna see if people are actually interested first XD

Shades of Venus

What do you think of the concept so far? I think you have a great concept and foundation for them.
What would you like to see added? Perhaps a mutation or some different stages
Do you like the art? The art is very cute indeed!
What kind of shading should be applied? I think soft or cell shaded would look nice, as long as
it was of good quality.
How are the festival ideas? They're great!
Are the season times okay? It sounds very reasonable.
Should I make breeding season more than once a year? It depends on your work load or what you feel you could handle :)
Because these have different elements, should I hire someone to draw add-ons to distinguish different elements? That would be neat!
How's my attitude towards people? You've always been really sweet!
What can I do to inprove? I think you have a great thing going, would love to see these
shaded and colored up :D
Any ideas you'd like me to consider adding to the shop? Perhaps some items or what not
Would you like to be part of the shop? I'd enjoy collecting but I haven't the time of day to help out XD

red_uni387

Thank you Sov! <3 I'll see what I can do about another stage ^^

red_uni387

added fire festival info! <3

also adding element ritual as a tradition, so they sorta have another stage XD
question: is an egg okay as another stage, or would a little baby be cuter/more appealing?

red_uni387

added element ritual and ice blossom festival, and a small amount of Tamma info ^^

now i must search for a shader! *runs off*

red_uni387

added a monthly rock gathering contest! if there's anything you'd like to see in the shop, please let me know! <3

red_uni387

okay I've gotten pretty much everything except Tamma info down, and I'm looking for a shader in the artwork forum :) I really want to make this adoptie the best it can be, and I appreciate any help at all, be it is 'ooooo pretty!' or advice, or questions I should answer.

Thank you everyone for posting here and showing support for the Jumpers! <3

usedog2

What do you think of the concept so far? You've put a lot of work into it, and that pays off.
What would you like to see added? Babies, for sure. Also different stages for males & females. Maybe a special lineart for these 'magical' jumpers, as well. >3> If I can help pay, let me know. I don't mind, I'd like to see these up, the festivals sound very fun.
Do you like the art? It's cute. =3
What kind of shading should be applied? I'd personally go for a high-quality soft.
How are the festival ideas? Very good.
Are the season times okay? Yes, difinitely.
Should I make breeding season more than once a year? If you can handle it.
Because these have different elements, should I hire someone to draw add-ons to distinguish different elements? That would be cool. I think 'Magic' adults should have their very own lineart. >3>
How's my attitude towards people? Hm, I wonder... Like the most painfully nice person on earth?
What can I do to improve? Shading and more lines. :D
Any ideas you'd like me to consider adding to the shop? Hm, maybe a secret kind of ritual that the fire, ice, air and earth Jumpers don't know about, in deep winter where the magical Jumpers all come together and do secret stuff?
Would you like to be part of the shop? Fa sha! If you ever open up staff applications, let me know. These would be super fun to be involved with. :D

Oh, and I shall be stalking.
Bum bum bee dum...

red_uni387

*snuggles use* thankies!

I'll Pm dragon and see if we can work something out for another stage/more poses :)

oooo I likey the secret ritual! *plots* xD

red_uni387

WE HAS SHADING!!! :DDDD Passion Fruit is now the example :)

Garney

That's some good shading, yus it is.

I'd love to see babies, cuuuute liddle babies!

red_uni387

funding for babies shall be worked on :) any SG I earn now will be going towards getting a baby stage, so I won't be able to pay for adopties for a while XD