News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TheStable: Genetics and Breeding?

Started by Luv007, October 26, 2009, 08:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

So I'm finding that I am pretty much incapable of concentrating long enough to figure out the difference between different paints and such....  Can anyone help me figure out what my horses are marked?  I know many are Appys, but I'm unsure of how breeding between them goes as well.

Ultimately... I would love to breed a pintaloosa... which is totally one of my favorites.

Ghost Dancer- ??? Appaloosa

Snow Dancer: ??? Pintaloosa? Appaloosa?

Night Dancer- ??? Leopard Appaloosa

Amazon Warrier- ??? Paint

Warrier Maiden- ??? Paint (I'm beginning to wonder where I came up with these insane names...)

Princess Warrier- ??? Paint

Galaxy- ??? Dapple Grey

Stars of Heaven- ??? Dapple Grey

Lady Love- ??? Bay with White Markings

Spirit- ??? Buckskin'

Esperanza- ??? Blanket Appaloosa (really starting to get curious about my naming techniques...)

Jez- ??? Paint

I know a lot of these are pretty easy to catagorize, but I go in an out of the horse world and gain and loose knowledge.  Honestly, I've got a few guesses on some of these guys, but I'm not %100 and that's what I would like so that I can update their stable website and start planning what to use my tags on and start planning breedings and different outcomes.

Also... if anyone is looking to get rid of jollyballs or halters... I'd more more than happy to take them off your hands.  Just send me a message and we can arrange a price.

Ravvana

I can help you out on the ones I've already coded once I get back on my computer with all the correct files :)

Luv007

That would be awesome, Ravv!  I love how these guys came out... And I keep looking up other horse images for my gold tags but I can't decide which ones to use since I want them to be good for breeding...

YourLoveOnly

I know several online generators that predict the outcome of the offspring, but none of them has appaloosa coded =/

And I'm pretty sure I know some of those coats, but you might wanna wait for Ravv so I don't mess it up.

Ravvana

094: Few spot appaloosa
095: Blanket appaloosa & tobiano paint (pintaloosa)
096: Leopard appaloosa
097: Tobiano paint
099: Tobiano paint
100: Tobiano paint & frame paint (tovero)
106: Grey
107: Grey
108: Sabino paint
109: Yellow dun
113: Tobiano paint
114: Blanket appaloosa
115: Frame overo paint

Luv007

Amazing!  Thank you so much!

Do you know where I could find a breeding guide of any sort or no?

Ravvana

Well, there's the one on TheStable website:
http://stable.colbyforkicks.com/genetics.html

Other than that, I didn't save the URLs of the places I did my own research, sorry.

Luv007

Thanks!  That's helpful.... now to decide what to use those tags on!

Do you keep breeding open as well as tags?  I think I have a pair I'd like to try my luck with...

Just wondering!

Ravvana

I will always keep breeding open. The only problem at the moment is that Garney hasn't had time to work on the foaling paddock art. I am totally, 100% happy to perform breedings anyway, as I know everyone wants to get some foals. But you'd need to realize that your foal will just me on a plain little cert as opposed to a pretty paddock cert; this won't affect the foal itself at all, though.

indigowulf

Oooh! What do we need to breed?

I have this lovely reference link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine_coat_color_genetics

even includes my much-wanted pearl!

Luv007

Excellent... I'm not sure how my predictions are going to turn out, but it's worth a try, right?

Ravvana

Quote from: indigowulf on October 27, 2009, 03:22:00 PM
Oooh! What do we need to breed?

One foaling paddock voucher, one mare, one stallion ;) But you can of course get breeding services from other users' horses - that's all discussed on the site, I believe.

Luv007

I put one into the turn in for tags... I hope that's okay?

I was also wondering about competitions?  When do you plan to start them, or are they started and I'm just *way* out of the loop...?

Ravvana

Quote from: luv007 on October 27, 2009, 04:11:12 PM
I put one into the turn in for tags... I hope that's okay?

I was also wondering about competitions?  When do you plan to start them, or are they started and I'm just *way* out of the loop...?

Again, I plan to start them once Garney does the art for halters/JollyBalls/other bonuses/etc. Secundi is, understandably, the priority right now. I'll keep everyone updated and make an announcement once competitions get under way.

Luv007

Sounds great!

I can't believe she's done so much already.  It seems like it would be very tedious and on top of that she's offering free Secundi pets to those without.  Totally awesome of her.

I just want to catch up on things I've missed... so I ask too many questions.  I have my website updated now.  Turns out I was actually missing one of my light girls on the page.