News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Gyerongs] Breeding-based adoptable - interest thread?

Started by jojo, January 22, 2011, 01:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Hey Secundi,

So I thought up these little guys:
http://students.washington.edu/jojo0808/secundi/gyerong.jpg

They're going to be a breeding adoptable based on genetics (because I LOVE genetics-based adoptables!)

Here are some things about breeding I'm planning on including:
- Both fantasy and natural colors. Genetics is pretty similar to cat genetics.
- Color description of kits appear first, then full-grown images after growing (so breedings occur quickly). Kits are trade-able before they're grown.
- New genes, both color and physical, may be discovered over time!
- breeding challenges? (I have no idea what this would even look like yet)
- though there are set number of colors, the shades of those colors may vary depending on the parents (for example, green coat x black coat may result in kits with green coats of a darkish shade; kits with parents that have a lot of white markings may have more white markings themselves; etc)
- No set breeding time/date, just an estimated time but can be earlier or later according to Jojo's schedule

Not sure when these will be all ready (totally depends on school) but hopefully soon!

Is there any interest for these? Feedback? Tips for someone who's never run an adoptable before? XD

ETA: The male is lined and shaded, here's a colored example!

And here is the female lined and shaded:

Todo List:
- make cert
- set up website
- run intro events :D

TheLeet

YourLoveOnly

Oh my gosh, that is such adorable art. I want one. Or twenty. Or ten times that amount. Waaaaant!

red_uni387

Winged

They sound great! The idea seems really interesting  :D
Owner of Gliders!

Rosewood

CrystalAngelNeko

*makes grabby hands* I want please? *puppy dog eyes*

*giggles* would totally be all over these!

jojo

Oh yeah, I have one more question I was thinking about: how to do customs?

Choices:
- just not doing customs
- doing very specific customs but making them sterile (because otherwise it would break the genetics system)
- doing customs as close as they could get according to the genes (but they won't be perfect, and some I maybe couldn't do at all)

What would people prefer?

YourLoveOnly

I prefer offering custom markings for sterile ones (being selfish here, I want my characters XD and I don't care if they can't breed :P), but also customs that just use normal genes and are breedable. Like my Panda Shrimps have premade markings and you can get customs using those markings. I don't think 'custom' always has to mean completely handdrawn markings.

jojo

Oh, that is definitely a good point. I suppose I could do both! XD Thanks YLO, haha.

Sunchaser

hmm i dont know cause id of course have to get marshall and hope and while hope can be done wiht genetics marshall cant unless you make his outfit a item instead of markings.

jojo

@Sunny: Hm, well for special cases like that, you could probably request what the colors look like under the clothes, and then I would add clothes on top.

First post edited to add an example of the male colored! Slightly inspired by my mouse dun quinsta lol.

Working on the female now, hope to get a cert done today too. :) By the way, what sort of information is useful to have on a cert?

EDIT: finished female earlier than expected, added her in first post :)

red_uni387

so cute!

I would say at the very least you need name and owner on a cert, maybe id number if you want to include that. some people also include credits and the adoptie name, so people who don't actively stalk will know what it is if seen in a random presentation. and of course 2nd gen and further, i think, should have the parent's names or id numbers somewhere ^^

hiyoko

Besides the obvious info (name, owner), maybe what generation it is and the parent's IDs ^^

kunaisa