News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Racetrack- Interest Thread

Started by Wild_as_thunder, November 21, 2009, 09:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild_as_thunder

Welcome to the Idea thread for a possible new racehorse adoptable. As i have noticed that there are not really any active racing adoptables out there and well...after being quite involved in the racing this year,....i thought why not make a horseracing adoptable. It'll be fairly simple but people will be able to get quite involved.

You will have your own brand for the horses you breed and own, which stays with that horse if sold (so it can be traced back to the original breeder or owner). You can race to see if you can get to the top...make it into the Melbourne Cup, the Breeders Cup, the Kentucky Derby! See if you can breed a winning horse!SG could be won at races, but betting still unsure, cause i'm sure i don't want to enflick gambling on anyone. So....any interest sparks yet?

So what do you think? Want to breed and race a champion?

Ok....so i was originally going to start this on PI, but that decision is still pending. But i thought i may rather start The Racetrack on secundi first, see how we go! So if you interested in such an adoptabe, please let me know, if you have any ideas and sugestions that can be ut into the adoptable, pease don't hesitate to post. :D

Wild_as_thunder

Ok...so there is some information you are going to need to know to understand a few things with this adoptable. ;) So please make sure to read!

To understand how branding works..please make sure to read carefully. It may look confusing from the symbols...but really it's quite simple. :)

The Branding on the horse is viewed on the cert, not on the horse. It is made up of various symbols that represent a number or a users brand. The way it's worked out...it the top part of the brand includes the users brand name (Example SD) followed by the horses birth year in the symbols that represent the numbers. Example... SD95 = SDL<. On the lower part of the brand is the ID number that i use to identify the horse on my database. So for ID 1 i put: 0001=TTT//
so the branding on the cert will be written as:
SDL<
TTT//

The symbols that i use for the numbers can be found below:

Curious as to how you get your own branding name?
Well a brand name for just you alone is created when you recieve your first horse in a giveaway, flatsale or auction. You can decide what the symbol for your bran may be. So you could have a letter and the a number (not in the branding symbols, just as an actualy number) or two letters or two numbers. It really depends on the vacancy of the user brand cause we don't want any double ups and confusion. So for example, my user brand will be 'WT' and it will be placed before the birth year on my horses brands.

By having a user brand, you will be able to sell a horse you have maybe bred or once got in a giveaway and the horse will keep that brand. That way if the horse needs rehoming or the new buyer has bought a winning horse they can track back to you if they are interested in buying another horse you have bred. It's also if a horse needs rehoming, we can track back to the originaly owner or breeder and ask if they would like to get that horse back or be willing to sell it to other users.

I'm sure that covered it all for branding! ;) If you have any further questions on Branding, please don't hesitate to ask!

So...here under Genetics you'll find the information about the colourations of horses you can get and how genes are carried. So if you're unsure what colour offspring you'll get from say a black Sire and a bay Dam, you can understand how the genetics work for the offspring and what colour it'll turn out to be. Also, please keep in mind that the horses will be coloured in 'realistic' colours that can be found on horses. Even though the racehorses are based on thoroughbreds, to vary colourations for users, all coat colours that can be found on any breed of horse can be available!

...Loading....

Ok...well i'm sure some of you may be unsure of how to read the cert. So i have tagged it with Numbers and i have put the description for those numbers below. So please, if your unsure about anything on the horse or cert, don't hesitate to ask ;)

[urlhttp://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/AdptAlbum/CertParts.png][/url]
Click thumbnail for full view

1.: This is where the horses brand is placed. It;s basically the horse 'ID' and it's used for both marking it's birther year, it's breeder or original owner along with the ID number for my Database.

2.:Here is where the Barn name is placed. (on there it is as''icon'as an example ;) ) So you have the horses Race Name for on the track and the horse 'Barn name'that you like to call it off the track.

3.:This is the horses height and it's recorded in 'Hands'' So your horse can be from 15 hands high-17 hands high. Usually preferred for use of when creating memorial horses!

4.: The gender of the horse is recorded here. Prefferably Gelding is placed for the male horses because usually they are gelded before they begin their racing career. But if you intend on breeding, you may keep them as a stallion.

5.: This is where the horses breed is wirrten. Generally it will stay as Thoroughbred, but there can be Thoroughbred mixes that get their chance into the races ;)

6.:The horses Age is recorded. The number of their age is placxed then followed by'ÝO', meaning Year/s old. ;)

Extra unmarked information:
As you can see where it says 'Race Name'on the cert and on the Saddle cloth is where the horses racing name is placed ;)
Also in the top right hand corner, an angel will be placed fo rhorses that are created as memorials. So if i was to create Pharlap or Barbaro etc, an angel will be placed in the corner to represent it is a memorial or replica of a real life horse that has passed or is made after a still living racehorse.

Examples of the stallion and mare can be found below. All artwork is copyright to me. All done by me, from the sketchs, inking, shading, cert etc!
Foal is still to be created! ;)

Stallion:

Mare:

Click thumbnails for full view!

Ravvana

I don't support horse racing in RL, but these look like nice adoptables :) I'd adopt if they come to Secundi -- anything with realistic horse genetics has me interested :D

hiyoko

I agree with Ravvana, I'd adopt them too. :D

red_uni387

Math

Artwork is amazing. <3 I'd certainly adopt, I'd have to get a custom or two (one of JD, Molly, Maggie and then my dream horse) of horses I ride. Are you ever going to do different subcategories like jumping, hunter, cross country or dressage?

YourLoveOnly

I still have to read everything, but I like adopties that have a lot to do and the artwork is amazing, so I would say: yes, bring them over! ^^

indigowulf

Quote from: Math on November 22, 2009, 05:51:49 AM
Artwork is amazing. <3 I'd certainly adopt, I'd have to get a custom or two (one of JD, Molly, Maggie and then my dream horse) of horses I ride. Are you ever going to do different subcategories like jumping, hunter, cross country or dressage?

Math, the Storm Chasers, also drawn by watty, already have active events including the ones you mentioned and more! Im about to open another contest for non-owners to snag one, so keep your eye on the market!

Wild_as_thunder

Glad to see you are all interested :) Just making sure all is organised, file wise etc and they'll hopefully be out soon. With my holidays coming up (currently last week of school) i'll have plenty of free time to spend on these guys! :D

Quote from: Math on November 22, 2009, 05:51:49 AM
I'm not all too sure as Kadana's adopties 'Storm Chasers' that are also done by me (artwork wise) are doing such things and i'm sure if i was to do it too, it'll just be another adoptable with same events. For now it'll just be racing ;)