News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Fables] What should I focus on?

Started by Luv007, August 04, 2011, 10:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

Sooo.... I find myself sitting down every day, looking at my massive sticky note To-Do list and trying to do it ALL.  Well, I can't do it all.  I'm one person and my sister has just gone back to school, plus I'm a bit OCD and feel the need to do things myself.  So I want to know what Fable followers would like to see happen...

Ending Current Event, Gathering Points, Handing Out Rewards:  Right now, I have a big event open that was meant to help me figure out what kind of rules would work for the adoptable.  Well, I've got my rules mostly figured out, so I don't need the event anymore, but I was trying to wait for Grid 1 to fill up so we could open up the new grid.  Problem is that I have fallen behind, and I'm afraid followers have lost interest.  So... Should I go ahead and start with wrapping things up?

Introducing Dreams and Wishes Via A Hopefully Massive RP:  I have started the opening to this RP.  I have about two pages in Word typed up, but I need to finish creating my own herd so I can bring a few Fables along with us to help the plot along.  I also need to color up some premade Wishes, as the children will be the first to be Bonded.  I will need interest and time from quite a few users to do this.

Making Background Transparents So I Can Give More Fables Out:  This is simple.  I need to correct the files I have already colored, and I need to get the old files from my parents house, and I need to correct the master files, so that as I continue to color, I won't have to go back and undo things.  After all, I do want  these to be an agency pet ONE DAY and when that happens, I don't want it too put the Fables backwards while I go back and change things.  I want to be able to just go straight through the list and upload, upload, upload. :)

Organizing the Website With Info Broken Down in a Simplified Way:  I realize that the Fables are extremely intricate and complicates, requiring a lot of reading and work.  I plan to go back and simplify some of the rules that I have repeated or reword things that are too complicated.  Some people seem put  off to join because of the difficulty the rules pose.  So I need, at some point, to rework the website and whatnot.  Just make things less confusing.

More Daily Games/Breeding/Grid Claiming:  This would come with giving out more Fables, more items, and in general just more stuff.  It also might get users back into participating and hopefully, it would help you all get to know your individual Fables better for the RP later.  This would be simple, but it's kind of jumping over some steps that I had planned to do first, such as website simplifying stuff.

Work on Lining Possible Upcoming Mutations:  Under Leet's supervision, I'm trying to learn how to line some mutations.  While I seem to be able to sketch things fairly well, my actual perfecting and drawing SUCKS and I need a pen for my tablet, so it'll be a while before I can really get lines as smooth as I would like them anyways.

Selling Customs:
 That's pretty simple... I could just right into selling/trading Fable semicustoms, and customs to you guys for collecting purposes.

Other:  Anything else??  

Also, if you would like to post a list of the options in the order that you think are most important, that would be GREAT!

BabyKittenCandy

I voted simplifying down info. I adore the Fables I have and I dont wanna loose them but atm, they are just far too complex for me, I dont have time to RP them all well, I would rather rp one well than 4 baddly, but thats just me, im not as experienced a rper as some here.

But, the daily games, grid claims etc, to me, is far too complex and confusing.

Just my two cents.

Luv007

Thank you!  I value you any input.  I want to make them better for you guys, not just me. <3

Luv007

Currently this is the plan and I'm working on phase 1 now. :)

1.  Organizing the website... which I can do in my notebook and then transfer to the website.

a.  Make a comprehensive Owners/Fables points page.
b.  Make up inventories.
c.  Simplify rules. (like x100)
d.  Find a way to separate collectors and rpers, possibly?  Collect 5 Fables of the base color black, win a prize?  Post 5 times in an RP, win a prize?

2.  End the current event, collect points into a readable manner, and start taking custom forms, and coloring and handing out all the prizes.

3.  Start the RP.

4.  Open Selling/Trading.

5.  Open the Daily Games/Breeding/Grid Claiming again.

6.  In Between Everything:  Work on Lining the Mutations.

My Luv007 related ToDo List-

1. Color the rest of the Fluffball litter.
2. Post Mala and Fluffy litters.
3.  Enter Bribe Me contest for Flits and Kakis.

My Mommy related ToDo List-

1. Kale's Bday Sunday, Harley's a week later.
2.  Research canine pregnancy and birth.
3.  Stop myself from strangling my husband.
4.  More artsy stuff with the boys.  Count down til they go home. :(
5.  House chores.

Kahlira

Find a way to separate collectors and rpers, possibly?  Collect 5 Fables of the base color black, win a prize?  Post 5 times in an RP, win a prize?

^^ I like that. But could you be both? I swear I am at my limit RP wise. (Which is why I haven't brought in my other baby yet) Collect some, RP others..?

Better then having say 1 RP character and a whole lot of tagger alongs.

Luv007

Certainly!!  Just a different set of goals for each. :)

Luv007

I'm finding this organization thing very frustrating.

There are too many subjects and just not enough pages.  So I may do a Collectors info and website and then a Roleplay info and website  We'll see....

EDIT:

*stares at websites*

It is now official that I had the organization stage of EVERYTHING.  I'm too particular.

Luv007

Now that I'm getting some very wonderful help, the website is really starting to come along. :)

Luv007

How do people feel about the cert on their Fables??  Do you want to keep it or would you rather we just kept track of it here:

http://thefables.weebly.com/owner-gallery-and-inventory.html

For an example withOUT the cert, check my Forgotten Love.
For any examples WITH the cert, look at other users.

Wildfilly94

Luv007

That's what SkySong said too.  And I love it.

I've got to talk to Leet and figure out how to make the cert bigger to fit the wings though....