News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Neptune's Oasis - Launched!

Started by YourLoveOnly, September 06, 2009, 10:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

On gaia I used to co-own a shop called Neptune's Oasis.
They are the first shop I'd like to launch on here.
Because they are new you can expect a bunch of free ones given out to gather followers =]

The shop was set up different before, but V2 adults would have no tops and naked anthros are against Secundi rules. So I think I'll go with Tari's suggestion and use the V2 baby stage and V1 adult stage (which used to be the child stage, but shh xD).

Samples of the lineart:
Egg stage (aka baby stage)
Adult male
Adult female

Adult lineart was drawn by Icy, the baby stage was drawn by Talon (both gaia users). Everything was bought by me and someone else a couple of years back. The co-owner left, but handed the complete ownership of both the lineart and shop to me. I don't know if the artists are still around, but when bought the lines we were told it was okay to use them off gaia.

Goddesss

I think these are cute.  I agree with you about having wings under water, but I have a winged dolphin adoptable so who knows.  I think they may need shirts according to the rules, you should check into it. =)

YourLoveOnly

Problem is I'm not the artist and the artist is not around anymore..
I can't do the edits myself and I don't think it's very nice to edit someone elses lineart without asking their permission.
So if these wouldn't be allowed as they are right now (which I could perfectly understand =]) then I'd launch Chirroc Town here instead and maybe, if there's interest, launch Neptune's Oasis on their own forum.

Garney

I wouldn't edit the lineart itself, but what about items? They don't bother me as is, but I can see how they might offend some people - males and females both going shirtless.

So why not have overlaying items like shirts and belts and bracelets that people can customize, give it an extra dimension of customization? If they're on a higher layer you can just arrange them and not edit the lines at all.

YourLoveOnly

Then I'd have to find someone to do that first..
'Cause I lack artistic skills, really xD

And I defenitely agree with you, I've asked a lot of people about it already and so far everyone said they thought it'd be okay to use. But I wouldn't be surprised if anyone would be offended. And if I had the skills to draw some clothes on it I would.

There's another version of lineart for this shop, much simpler and the females have tops there.
But I don't really like the adult male lineart. But maybe it would be a good idea to release those without the adult stage.. 'Cause I adore the child stage of that lineart. And then just pretend they're the adults xD

Goddesss

I agree with Garney!  They could just be add ons like the different hair styles.  Maybe you could put up a thread looking for someone to make items for you. 

YourLoveOnly

Topic updated =]
And I actually thought V2 needed more clothing from the beginning, but everyone seemed to think they were fine..

Garney

Personally I think the V1s are great as child stages, and I adore the V2 adults as the final stage. The V2 children are great, I just like the V1s better as children because they're more 'cute' looking.

Since pg13 guidelines allowed for partial (or brief, though since adopties don't magically put clothes on later in the day, that doesn't apply) nudity, I think bikini type clothing should be the minimum. Naturally we'll hammer this rule out a bit more as we grow.

And since men in bikinis don't have shirts, I don't have a problem with shirtless men running around the site, but an option to make it fair was what I was suggesting. Shirts for both, as well as other pretty things.

Tari Mithrandir

I prefer the V2 baby stage, I am not a fan of the starfish :\ It just doesn't seem to fit, unless you can think of a hell of a good way to explain how they change.
I like the V2 Child and Adult, but some people may have an issue with the bared breast, nipples or no. I personally don't, and as Garney has said, that can be remedied with clothing, and I am sure someone would be happy to quickly sketch you a top or two. It shouldn't be hard :)

I like the V1 Adults as well, but they definitely don't mix with the V2 Child, so if you decide to mix and match, I would say take the V2 Baby and the V1 adult and leave it at that!

Edited as I had the Vs mixed up :P
~Tari

YourLoveOnly

I like that idea Tari! In case I mix and match I'll probably do that =]
V2 egg stage, V1 adult. Would be a lot more fun to color too, V2s are quite a pain xD
Lots of teeny tiny lines and cut off pixels x.x

YourLoveOnly

Edited again to comply with no-nudity anthro rule =]

Garney

I'd still like to see the V2s maybe as some special 'fancy' option or something later down the line, but I can understand you would need to find an artist to do additions. And you know I'd volunteer but I have sooo much to do already XD