News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forests of Sataa

Started by TheKat, September 08, 2009, 09:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKat

Forests of Sataa

'The Forests of Sataa' is a work in progress.  It centrals around the large cats who live in what they call 'The Forests of Sataa,' better known as the Amazon Rain Forests.  They live in a deep remote part very little ventured to.  June and her dog, Arty, run a tour service out there.  Lately they have noticed these odd cats popping up all around.  As they have built relationships with these creatures, the creatures have allowed them to take care of them.  There is still very much wildness in them, but they have agreed to live with humans.  June has been slowly able to bring some through the portal to Secundi...

The cats themselves are called Kisas.  Kisa is the singular.  But they will always go as The Forests of Sataa in the title.  I am still working out all the details of their history and how they came to be, what their natural tendencies are, etc.  I have really high hopes for these guys.  For the time being though I want to see how much interest there would be in them.  I just want to make sure all my work is worth it ^^

Here is the adult and the baby:

I'm gonna reserve the next couple posts and I'll let you know when you can post. :)

Any comments, ideas, questions, thoughts, opinions, etc. are all very welcome here, though if it's  negative I do prefer it is voiced in a constructive way.  Thanks guys!! ^^ I really appreciate any input.

TheKat

The Credits

Sketches: WereTigress
Inking: Deekkru
Shading: Indigowulf
Colored and run by: TheKat

To-Do List

Just so you guys can see what's going on with these...

- Cert (Deek's working on this)
- Banners (Again, Deek)
- Back-story
- Figure out important info
- Color some up
- Website

More will be posted here as I think of it!

TheKat

More info to come...

TheKat

More info to come...

TheKat

More info to come...

TheKat

You guys are welcome to post! ^^

YourLoveOnly

*stares at pretty and adorable lines*
Oooh! Must have! yes, yes, yes!

indigowulf

yay! oh, you had me tone down the highlights on adult, forgot to ask.. tone down baby highlights too for you?

And we seem to be having a white-spot issue. I used gimp for templating, is that what youre using? I can try to fixxy if you want.

YourLoveOnly

I like highlights and GIMP is my best friend =3

TheKat

Could you?  That would be lovely.  (To both things.)  I am using GIMP, yes.  :)  If you could try to fix that that would be awesome.  Thanks, indigo <3

indigowulf

ack, I was searching and searching for them, then I realized I already deleted the files! I had accidently put them on my C drive, which is very very full, while I was working with them. Instead of moving them to D drive, which has all my adoptie space, I deleted them once I sent them to you :(

TheKat

It's all good ^^ I don't mind the baby being so bright :)

indigowulf

you can always tone him down the way I did the adult. I purposely left the shading/highlights on their own layers just for that. Just use the eraser tool, set it at 50%, and use one continuos erase to make it less bright. If you let go of the mouse and start again, you get weird erasey patched that overlap bad.