Started by SplitX, February 06, 2010, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

Need to be sure... XD Okay.

Buddy: Bay Paint

Lightning: Silver Dapple

Ebon: Black Blanket Appaloosa

Moonlit Star: Black (or Smoky Black?)

Lulabelle: Yellow Dun Tobiano (I know this is right, at least. Just wanted to show her off x3)

Creme Brulee: Dunalino (I know this is accurate, but I also wanted to just show her off x3)

Deceit: Perlino

So... All but Creme Brulee & Lulabell need coat confirming. ;3 Please halp? xD

Lectral

I'm not Rav, I'm sure she'll be coming later to confirm, but they look right, except for Lightning and Deceit.

Lightning looks like a dapple grey, not silver dapple (silver dapple is a dilution term, that usually results in all black on the horse being diluted to a brownish color - and they often have dapples, but not always.  some can be very interesting shades, though, including a soft greyish brown, but they usually have lighter colored manes and tails than their body - often a silvery white, which is where the name "silver" dapple comes from; in real horses, there has been a lot of confusion and most people have dropped the "dapple" from the title and call it just the silver gene/dilution)

Deceit looks more like a very pale palomino than a perlino - perlino is a double dose of cream, and would usually have blue eyes, and pink skin, so to be a perlino, his nose should be pink

Moonlit Star... she could go either way XD  It is very hard to tell the difference in real horses, and I haven't seen enough of Rav's smokey blacks to be able to tell if she makes them appear significantly different

SplitX

Eep! That's actually what I meant; dapple grey. X3

Ooh. Makes sense. Though I DID use a Perlino reference pic, which is why I was unsure. xD

Lectral

Can I see the perlino ref pic?  I have been looking for them for some model horse stuff I want to do, and can always use more references!

SplitX

Well at least I THINK it was. T_T It might've just been me going on little sleep. x3
-looks through all 74 images in TheStable reference pictures photobucket of mine- XD

Lectral

Ooooo, even better!  He's not a perlino, he's gold champagne!  And even better for my model project :D

He does have the pale skin, though it's not the true pink of a double cream, and his eye isn't blue, it's a light brown/hazel

I don't think that Rav codes the champagne gene, so he is probably coded as a palomino - gold champagnes are often mistaken for palomino in real life, and registered as them, if the registry doesn't have an option for champagne XD

Do you mind if I save that for my reference files?

SplitX

No I don't! :3

I was skeptical of him being Perlino due to the fact his eyes weren't blue. I'll ask Ravv what color he really is, then. n__n

Ravvana

Lectral is correct on both counts :)

Lightning is gray, not silver dapple.
Deceit is palomino, not perlino. Because, yes, I don't code champage.

Buddy is bay tobiano, if you want specifics.
Lulabelle's paint I coded as tovero, which is tobiano and overo.

Moonlit Star is black. Nobody has bred or ordered a smoky black yet, so I can't really show an example of that, but I'll do my darndest to make them look visibly different ;)

SplitX

>_> Ooh!
So... -ponders- Black + Grey = smoky black? XD

Lectral

nope - Black + cream = smoky black

Black + grey = grey

SplitX

BAH that makes more sense. o___O; I really need to learn this stuff better. X3

Wait. I HAVE a black & a creame! O_O; Or does Palomino not count as creame? x3

Ravvana

Palomino has one cream gene, as do buckskin and smoky black. Cremello, perlino, and smoky cream all have two cream genes.

SplitX

So there'd be a chance for a smoky black, then? ^_^

Lectral

palomino is indeed cream, as is buckskin (and smoky black) -  single doses/ heterozygous
cremello and perlino (and smoky cream) would be double doses/ homozygous

YourLoveOnly

Ravv, I plan on a smoky black one, but I'm unsure if he's smoky black or dark grey >.<