News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

World of Maxic - Secundi Lines: A WIP and comments thread

Started by Yruvian, September 09, 2009, 04:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yruvian

Yes, I'm only posting this after I posted the RP. Why? Because the WIP wasn't exactly decent yet.

The background
Maxic is a fantasy world that's very hard to reach in any regular way by those that don't know where it is. Spaceships tend to skip it by, not even noticing the teeming wildlife and rich resources fo this green planet. It's creators have taken care to cloud it and hide it to even the most sophisticated tools, making it look like nothing more than a barren rock.

Even if a ship would trouble itself and land here, the static will make sure no message gets through... and Maxic has a habit of not letting go. The travelers may find themselves trapped, with no way out.

Only one ship can see through the illusion... the Lifebringer. The interior of this ship can be seen as background on one of the Checkmates, who are galactic visitors themselves. They've been on Maxic for longer than any of the currently living natives though.

Regardless of it's defenses, a lot of people seem to end up on Maxic, largely thanks to a certain Faerie's habit of teleporting complete strangers from whatever they're doing. Most of those stay even after they are given the chance to go home. After all, Maxic is a mostly welcoming planet, once you get there.

'The World of Maxic' and its inhabitants originate in the background of a book I'm writing. I ordered the Aerean Faeries as a custom line art and kept adding to it. Even though new critters have joined in without a link to the original Maxic, I've always tried to keep it within the limits set in there.

The reason for new lines
The main lines that started it all of January 2007 aren't meant to leave PI. Neither are the other lines that are based on the real Maxic (Descendents of the Power Plane. Should be introduced on PI soon, as the last of the PI lines. All currently bought lines will be intro'd as planned, but I'm not getting more PI line art for any of them.)

Because those are the main RP characters and because I can't think of a Maxic without Aerean Faeries, I decided to tackle making a new version, the Aerean Faeries Secundi. Because of the trouble with moving lines from one site to another... and keeping in mind my changed tools and improved experience, I decided to make these from scratch myself. No bought lines. (Not entirely a new concept, as Faerings are my line art too. They're not at all similar to these though.)

Since the start of WoM, I bought a Wacom Cintiq 12WX which has been waiting for an opportunity like this. I learned to ink... and I improved my shading a lot since those first attempts. Thanks to recent cosplays, I also got some experience in drawing and shading cloths. I've even started to like shading, which I hated for a long time.

The three planned lines
All three can be used in breeding and alteration seasons and in role plays. They are collectable.

Aerean Faeries Secundi.
Because this project started to get new Faeries, of course that'll be one of the lines.

The Aerean Faeries are little winged humanoids, which easily fit on the shoulder of a regular human. They can hide in long hair (which some of them have liked in the past).

There will be different wings, hairstyles and clothes available for these as soon as I can get the two genders finished.

Breeding: most likely 3 stage, as the originals were. Flower, Child and adult. Aerean Faeries Secundi can breed with Aerean Faeries PI, but the result will depend on the site where the breeding was requested. There will be no PI Faeries on Secundi or Secundi Faeries on PI, though you can keep both, even if you're leaving/have left PI.

The only Faeries that will ever be rehomed are those left unnamed for too long.

The Visitors
These are humanoids (anthros or actual human) who are not native to Maxic. These will only be available for cosplays (premades mostly) and original (role play) characters.

Each of these will have a home world different from Maxic. Clothing, hairstyles and items can be changed, as well as other defining characteristics (like horns and the like). Most of these will be wingless.

They can be bred with compatible Venariens and share the same breeding characteristics.

The Venariens
These are humanoids native to Maxic. A lot of them will be anthros instead of regular humans. They will often use the same bases as the Visitors, but are limited in the kind of clothing and items they use. After all, only things currently available on Maxic can be portrayed on a Venarien.

These will be more common than the Visitors. Frankens, custom slots and the like will usually be done for these. Wings are a common occurrence, as those with previous connections to the WoM people (aka the Redeemed) will remember.

Hairstyles, defining features (horns, wings, ...), items and clothing will be customizable.

Breeding: several stages are coming. At least babies and adults, probably children and teens too.

The work in progress
The Visitors
Current stage (finally some clothing and hair on him):

Yruvian

Finished lines

All three types will have about the same cert. Background and colours are changeable...

Yruvian

Added the real shading and removed the Poser-orignals underneath (yes, these were made in Poser first, mainly for proportions and pose). Also added the final colouring and his tools (which were there, but invisible in the previous stages, as I didn't want to tip my hand then...)

I only need to add his shoes, which he seems to have forgotten somewhere (and no, those aren't just invisible.)

He will be the first Visitor available to you... as soon as I get him finished. Should be today, as he was made as a memory of 9-11. I had planned on making a series, but I fear he's the only one I managed to nearly finish in time.

Comments are appreciated. The final Visitor will be smaller (same size as the Aerean Faerie - Secundi) of course.

Yruvian

I think I have to make his face-features more visible though...
The finished pic: