News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gryphions: The Feathered Feet | April Fun!

Started by Gryphions, April 04, 2011, 07:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphions

Gryphions!

This leading post will be edited later with the banner and such.

ETA: Aaaaand, at this time we've got a bunch of stuff added.
I plan to reveal some more stuff soon, but we've got to save some stuff for the rest of the month (aka we're not ready to reveal it yet so you just have to wait).

Feel free to post and do whatever. :) A longer running game is up, and for now that's about it. We'll release more things soon, don't fret.

Gryphions

Happy Birthday!!

What's that? Birthday? Whose birthday?
The gryphions! They were introduced on PI last March, and were put into generals late march/early april.
There will be lots of new things throughout the month hopefully. We've got plans!
There is a possibility we won't get to all of those plans -this- month, but if we don't we'll be sure to get to the rest soon! So much stuff, we can't guarentee that a month is going to be enough time to share it all!

Thanks to the fans for supporting gryphions from the very beginning!
We couldn't have done it without you. Even if you've just started following us now, we love the followers and we thank you for the support!

And thanks to the secundi council, as well as all guest colorists, and Goddesss the amazing helper/colorist/event holder/etc.

Thanks to Silvanon, the artist who brought these gryphions to existance.

And a special thanks to secundi. Without secundi, these gryphions would be sitting in my hard drive. I had always wanted these to be a great adoptable, and originally I planned to start it on PI. Three or four years ago! Up until a year ago, I hadn't been able to get them started due to multiple things (original team not working out/not able to find a cert/not able to commit time/etc.)
When I saw secundi, I knew this was the place they were meant to be.

Thanks for being with us this fun year. Let's continue to play with the gryphions of secundi long into the future!

Gryphions

Trading Post

You may have wondered what those lovely smooth stones do.
Well, it's only natural to be curious.

And the wait to find out is over. There's going to be a trading post.
Although it is still being planned out for the most part, the stones are a currency that will be exchangable for things.

The things for trade will vary over time. The trading post will have a variety of items sometimes, but once they are sold out, you never know when (or if) they will be restocked.

Some items you may find in the trading post: equippable items, breeding items, summoning items (to summon a gryphion), and anything else. You never know what you'll find.

Some items maybe be limited- there may only be one that will ever be sold, maybe 10. The only way you'll know is if it restocks again, or I announce it retired (which I may not do until long after it was last sold). I plan to announce each time trading post gets something that is new and never been released before.

How do you pay for an item?

With smooth stones and smooth ruby stones.

How much is a smooth ruby stone worth?
It is impossible to tell. We don't plan to release very many right now. Eventually we may put a set limit for how many will exist on secundi (if this happens, a new ruby stone will be distributed some how each time one is used in the trading post). But we aren't quite sure if we'll make a limit, or if we do, we don't know what it will be.

An item is for trade for a ruby stone. How many smooth stones is it worth?
You cannot buy and item with smooth stones unless it is for trade for smooth stones. Same goes for ruby stone items. If you have a ruby stone, you can only buy an item that is for trade for ruby stones. If an item costs 1 smooth ruby stone, you can't try to buy it with normal stones. If an item costs 5 normal smooth stones, you can't try to buy it with ruby stones. The exception is if the item is listed with both a ruby stone price and a normal stone price.

Where do I get stones?
You can sometimes win them in games, events, and on occasion we might have a random 'stone sale' where you can buy one stone for a set price.
You can also see if another user is selling one of their stones.
It's also possible a stone will appear in your account. This could be random, or for your RP skills, or maybe you have a gryphion banner in your signature. We won't tell you. Sometimes we'll just pop one in your account.

There is nothing for trade yet. We may take a little while to actually get the trading post running. When we do, we'll let you know with a link to the trading post thread when we get one.

Gryphions

Show me the Games!

Games will be posted here throughout the month. For the current long-running game/s, check this spot!

Game Posted April 4th::What does your gryphion do?

All gryphions are different. Something that may make your gryphion special might be an occupation or hobby they enjoy doing.

Do they knit on the weekends? Play an instrument? Do your taxes for you? Or maybe all three! Tell me what ONE of your gryphions likes to do. Where does he do it, how often, and who does he do it with? I know most gryphions don't sit around on your couch and watch TV with you. Or atleast I hope not. What do they do? Do they have a job?

Keep in mind that gryphions are not your pets. They don't go in your purse (if they could fit, haha) and they don't wag their tails and beg for table scraps. They are (for the most part) proud and creatures full of dignity. Of course, it's possible your gryphion isn't like that, but most gryphions wouldn't put up with the whole role of pet to the human.

Don't have a gryphion? You can tell me either what you and your dream gryphion would do, or what just you do for your job on secundi. Maybe you sell flowers. Tell me what you do. You can pretend and give imagination on these.

Because I know this is an unusual game, here's a little example. You can do something similar or go totally a different direction.

My name is Neocridders. My gryphion, Raina, works for the gryphion council. She helps secundian gryphions find partners and lifelong friends. She's always rushing around, all days of the week, to go from the council's headquarters to the area of secundi where the generals booths are. She delivers items from the council that need to be distributed, and she also helps coordinate events and such. She doesn't make much money from her job, but she has a good home with me and I help her do her work as well. We are a good team, and I'll help her out when she's off on another assignment, and she'll help me when I'm off doing something else. She sometimes works so hard that her wings get tired from traveling back and forth place to place. When that happens, she is allowed to walk home and take a break.

Current game ends April 8th at 15:00
Prizes:
A few Smooth stones
Smooth ruby stone
The amount of prizes is related to the number of entries. My favorite entry gets a ruby stone. Then a few random entries will get a smooth normal stone.

Gryphions

How Many?

Did you know? We've got nearly 300 gryphions!
We're so close to that number 300, only 2 or 3 away.

We'll have something super special and new for our number 300. So until we get that finished, we won't be giving our number 300.

Yes. I'm leaving you with that. You get to let your imaginations run wild with what may be happening for our 300th  gryphion.

Gryphions

Surprise!

This surprise is directly related to gryphion 300. So this post will be updated when we get to that point in time.

Gryphions

Journals

Gryphions love attention. And they love you.
Although gryphions enjoy roleplaying with a group, they like time for themselves and their partners, as well as the other gryphions their partner is bonded to.

If you are intimidated to roleplay, here's an opportunity to start at your own pace and not have to worry about others cutting in. It's all you.

How do I Journal?
It's easy. In the section of secundi community district, there is a lovely place called the Cafe. It's where anyone can go and write. You can make a thread for your self and your journal. This is where you can tell about your characters, or just jump right into roleplay.

Why should I Journal?
Well, a journal is good to develop characters that you want to roleplay. If you have a gryphion and just put him or her in a roleplay with no plan, sometimes you can figure it out, but sometimes you just get confused and don't know where you are going. If you have a journal, you can over time see how you want the character to interact with others.
Another reason to journal is so others can see how your character is like. The journal is for you, but since it's public, others might read it and want to interact with your character or start a roleplay with you. Maybe not, but it could happen :)
A journal is meant to also strengthen the bond between you and your gryph. A gryphion that has  spent time with it's partner and that partner's gryphions will be happier. It lets us know how you spend your time with gryphions and how they interact within your own 'clan'.

---Remember that a journal is just for the person writing the journal. If you want to join in, you should start a roleplay. Not post in a journal.

If we like what we see, we may award special things. :)

***Please note- there are no rules to journals. As long as they follow the basic structure of gryphions (IE - they aren't shooting lasers from their feet or sprouting an extra tail, etc.) if that happens and is totally unacceptable, we may PM you. But I highly doubt that will happen XD

Don't be afraid. Feel free to make a journal. There is no limit or requirement to length or how often you write. There are really not many guidelines, so if you want to do sometihng, go ahead and do it :)

((This isn't really something we're 'inventing' since we are just giving an idea of starting a journal. It just seems like some peopel are uncomfortable with roleplay, so I thought this may be a way to get started))

Gryphions

Gryphions

Gryphions

Done done done done
DONE!

Just FYI, you don't need to stalk this thread for events right away. There will be some stuff to do, but I don't want people killing their F5's right now. Save that for another day XD I'll be a while setting up. Feel free to post, roleplay, chat, or anything you want.

<3