Your opinions on prices for my work (edited with possible adoptables!)

Started by Larthan, July 24, 2010, 11:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larthan

Yeah.. so, here's a topic of mine in the art gallery: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2687.0

So, seeing my art, what would you like to see from me adoptable-wise, or perhaps commission-wise? What is the best way to get started with all that?

And in addition, what would you pay for something of what you're suggesting, or maybe even what you see there (it's not for sale, but I'm just wondering what it would be worth if I did something of similar value).

Thanks for all your help!

Edit:

I doodled up these guys, and will be doing some lineart for them, but wanted to know what you guys think. They're kinda a maned skunk thing :P

Baby:

Juvenile male and female

Adult male and female

Wheeee. o.o;

SeaCrest

Woah! I would totally want to see you run an adoptable, either horses, wolves, dragons. Looking at how detailed your work is, I'd say, at first, charge maybe 50k to 100k in SG, no idea for USD. For more complicated stuff, a bit more is okay. For commissions, depending on the amount of pieces wanted and the details, commissions are worth, to me, 250k-500k.

Then again, I am new also and couldn't possibly afford the 1-million spending sprees the 'senior' Secundi folk have. So poke around a little, play with your art.

By the way, I love the three horses you have in your examples, especially the stally with lightning!

The best way to start out would be to draw up your adoptable, post it in the Help Booths, get a little feedback, tweak it however, and then start out with some free giveaways or games. Once you get some interest and some adopts out there, you can start charging for flatsales, customs, etc. For a commission shop, just going in headfirst is what I would do - there's really no passing period for it.

Hope you understand all my ramblings!

Ravvana

Lovely work :) If you do open commissions, I would love to get a piece of my horse Sean from you <3

I would say, for commissions, somewhere in the 500k to 1 million range would be fair, depending on the level of difficulty. Pricing can be a bit tricky, really, since older user tend to have millions of SG, whereas new users tend to only have a few thousand SG in total. I'd want to see the lineart for specific adoptables before offering suggestions there, as adoptable prices can vary so much.

Ryuukokoro

If you're looking for your own adoptable to start, I would love to see you do some different dog breeds. ^_^ I love how detailed you do your dogs. I could tell right away the dog pics in your art post are borzoi! And the expressions are so.. expressive!

Neocridders

I think they are completely amazing <3
Plleeeease make an adoptable. I love dragons. I love dogs. I love all things furry. And I love your art, so I'm pretty sure I'd be stalking no matter what.

Hmm... I think it'd be cool to see a 'big cat' adoptable, with lions and tigers and pumas and such. <3 <3 of course it's all up to you. Just one idea.

red_uni387

SeaCrest

You should totally use those skunks for an adoptable *noms on adorable cuteness*

Neocridders

I love skunk adoptables. Fun fun fun *rememer's red's skunkies*
Wheeeeeeeeee yes!

Spixy

Adorable. I'm absolutely hooked on the female lineart.

Personally though, I'd swap the male and female youngsters xD (So that the current female becomes male o.O)

-must have a red panda mimic xDD-

Willow

indigowulf

I agree with Ravv, a unique commission peice should be between 500K and 1 mil. And yes yes yes, those skunkies are adorable! I also agree with Spixy, those juvvys look like they swap art when they grow up (the juv male matches the adult fem and vice versa)

I still think any adoptable you wish price checks on would be best figured by holding auctions and seeing what people are willing to pay. Watch what price range the bidding starts to stall or make insane leaps, that's the range where, as SeaCrest mentioned, the "senior" members are outbidding what the newer members can afford. That would give you a good idea where the community as a whole is putting the value.

(I wont say my price range.. before paying for the inking commission for my dragons, I was dropping way too much on things just because I could lol. Now Ill be back with the broke people!)

Rosewood

*nomson skunks* I luffs them! I hope they become an adoptable. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Elephants or Giraffes. I would love wolves. Just an idea...