News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Where to go? ~ Colibri

Started by SkySong, August 31, 2011, 07:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

First of all, I'm at a loss at what to do with these right now. I'm redoing the lines, and shading, but I haven't quite finished with that. I've played around with the idea of Marking Templates, and both Wild and Rose are for using them, but I wanted to ask about what you guys thought. I have genetic records which would help with breeding, but also haven't completely decided on if I should go through with them. The way I see it, the eggs would be decided more on random than my own personal input. Also, I am aware that the chance to become an agency is coming up soon, and I'm wondering if you guys would like to see Colibri as an agency – whether you think we should wait till later, try for now, or not even bother. Another thing I'm stuck on, is mutations. I know they seem pretty popular, but I have no clue what to do, so if you have any ideas you'd like to see, I'd like to hear them. So, here's a little questionnaire for you all to fill out.

Where should the Colibri head, or at the very least, what would you like to see?
Should we become an Agency?
Are you for or against marking templates? (If for, please give a list of some you'd like to see, if they come to mind)
What about mutations?
Genetic Records?

I have other things floating around in the empty space referred to as my head, but I think these are the most important things. As incentive for answering, perhaps a random amount of Cp (2-15) would help?

Along the way I also plan on having all the items drawn up, as well as some new ones added.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

Where should the Colibri head, or at the very least, what would you like to see?

I would LOVE to see them become an agency! I would love to see different bird lines, or even just different poses.

YES! You totally have my vote!

Are you for or against marking templates? (If for, please give a list of some you'd like to see, if they come to mind)

I'm not opposed to templates. They can be wonderful tools for quick coloring and pretty birds. I AM opposed to the coloring being limited to JUST templates. For example, when I color the Fables I have and make use of the wonderful templates Leet made for me, BUT I also try to add a personal touch to each of the Fables.

I would like to see templates of zebra stripes on the wings, templates of markings surrounding the eye, and maybe a template of swallow tail feathers?

What about mutations?

While mutations would be interesting to see, I'm not a hundred percent sure how you would go about adding them. Perhaps a head feathers tuft, a different type of beak, or different tail feathers??

Genetic Records?

I love this idea, but I hope you would still stretch things to fit your wonderfully artistic eye.  LOVE this idea. :)

Winged

Not totally sure, but i'd like to see more customs availiable for one thing. I'll let you know if i think of anything else.
I think that yes it's a good idea, but perhaps wait till next time when you'll have been establised for longer?
For, although i love custom markings too. Templates i like are zebra/tiger stripes, paint, bfade, tips, and basic markings like that.
What about mutations?
Yeah, they sound great! However, like Luv i'm not sure how much potential these lines have for some mutations.
Genetic Records?
I do like this idea, but not if it isn't easy for you, there are other things i think you could focus on.
Owner of Gliders!

Ravvana

I agree with Winged that I'd like more customs. I'd also like more long-term, less-random games than the flower picking and chatting with the owner. Maybe a pick-a-flower, a matching survey, etc?

I'd personally wait until next time to become an agency just because it's very frustrating for people to select an agency only to have it go inactive after a prove. Not that I think you will, but it's good to prove yourself first. However, I'd like to see Colibri as an agency in time :)

I'm not a fan of attempted markings. However, what I do with Cloven is have several marking options that I color by hand each time. So Colibri could have tribal, spots, zebra stripes, leopard spots, belly, fade, etc -- all the markings people seem to like so far. If only those markings were options, breeding outcomes would be easier. But I would still like to see every bird individually colored by hand.

What about mutations?
I could do without.

Genetic Records?
I like this idea, but it is not entirely necessary. It would be easier if you use the marking idea above, though.

Kadana Sorano

Where should the Colibri head, or at the very least, what would you like to see? New poses, or new species would be lovely, but I don't think it's needed anytime soon.  I like Colibri just fine as they are right now.

Should we become an Agency? I would love to see them become an agency and would definitely support them.

Are you for or against marking templates? (If for, please give a list of some you'd like to see, if they come to mind) For.  In my opinion, anything that makes it easier and faster for us to get our hands on more of an adopt is always a win.  And just because you template markings, doesn't mean that you never color by hand again.  I like hand colored adopts, but.. I really like adopts that have templates and hand colorings.  I think it makes a nice balance.  And when custom time comes around, you can have basic customs, with templated markings, and higher level customs with a mix of hand and templated, and then another higher tier of customs, with all hand colored.  Each tier you go up, gets more costly.  But, it would give a nice balance in the workload I think, and give people with less funds an easy time getting some while people with excess funds can get the higher tiers and not buy up all of the lower ones.  As to what markings should be templated.. I think the most common markings should be, the ones people ask for the most.

What about mutations? mutations would be nice, but aren't in any way necessary.

Genetic Records? Ugh.. just ugh lol
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

wildnightblazer

New bird species/poses would be wonderful, but again not necessary now. New types of events would also be really fun.
Yes, I would support them anytime, but waiting a bit longer and I think having multiple species would help a lot.
Are you for or against marking templates?
I think marking templates is a good idea, but there definitely has to be a good balance between hand colored and templates.
What about mutations?
Mutations would be cool, but if they're done wrong they could look a bit ridiculous on Colibri.
Genetic Records?
If it's easy for you, it's a great idea. I always think it's interesting how traits are passed down.

SkySong

luv, you got 5 Cp, Winged got 15, Ravvana got 13, Kadana got 8, and wildnight got 7. Thank you guys, for your input. :)

Hopefully you'll be seeing something new soon!

Winged

Wow,thanks for the cp! *plots feeders* must go check how much cp you need for a feeder...
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

You have enough to get an orange. -.- XD Just assign them all to one of your Colibri and you can get just about anything.

Winged

Great! I'll assign them to Sera please :) And in the morning, i'll figure out which of my characters to get with an orange feeder...
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Ravvana

I'll assign all of mine to Sean, thanks :)

Aralie

Where should the Colibri head, or at the very least, what would you like to see? Customs and more events really ^_^
Should we become an Agency? Definitely!
Are you for or against marking templates? (If for, please give a list of some you'd like to see, if they come to mind) I usually prefer non-templated markings but I think as long as everything isn't templated I wouldn't mind them.
What about mutations? I think mutations would be cool but I can't think of any right now that wouldn't look odd on them.
Genetic Records? Would love to see them if it isn't too difficult

SkySong

Thanks for your input, Aralie. :) Random says you get 14 Cp. Who would you like them assigned to?

Aralie

All to Amber please!

Oh! And I love how Amber and Ember turned out! Thank-you!

SkySong

I'm glad you like them ^_^ She'll get them in a sec.

wildnightblazer

I'll assign all of mine to spectrum, please.

Kadana Sorano

Assign mine to Sunrise please.  Thank you :)
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Wildfilly94

Where should the Colibri head, or at the very least, what would you like to see? Agency ;) And mabye another breed or something <3
Should we become an Agency? Lol, As said in the above post. XD
Are you for or against marking templates? (If for, please give a list of some you'd like to see, if they come to mind) Nope. As It'll make my job easier. Lol.
What about mutations? Yes. those would be nice. Not sure what you'd do for them, but it could be interesting. :)
Genetic Records? Would be helpful for me, yes.

SkySong

Wildfilly, you got 13 Cp. :) Who do you want them to go to?

Victoria

Maybe some special events with a theme like pokemon of my little pony not specifically those because they are over used but just something like that.

Why Not you guys have come this far and you guys are really active so it would make your and our life a tiny bit easier.

No, I like the whole just drawing them that way no one can have the exact same markings, it keeps them unique.

What about mutations?

There isn't many mutations for these little guys so I'm going to have to say no.

Genetic Records?

Yes! That would be great! Keeps things organized.

Wildfilly94

Whoa! :O Isaiah please. (Can you tell he's my favorite? XD)

SkySong

Thanks, Victoria. :) You got 8 Cp. Where would you like them to go?

Victoria

Quote from: SkySong on September 04, 2011, 06:03:02 PM
Thanks, Victoria. :) You got 8 Cp. Where would you like them to go?

Np! And thank you! Can they go to my Colibri named Peacock please?

SkySong

Luv007

All of my points can get deployed to Forgotten 'til she hits 50 or so points. :) that way you don't have to keep asking me and waiting for my answer. :)

SkySong