News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What kind of adoptables do you like?

Started by zelda324, October 22, 2011, 02:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelda324

Well since I wasn't getting much for this post before I figured I would change it to see.

What do you prefer on this site premade pets or individually drawn pets?

I had a whole post about an individually drawn creature but no one even seemed interest so im just seeing if premades are more what you all like

and also want to see what crit you would like to see

jojo

Hmm, well I really like individually drawn pets, but I also like active agencies, and often the two just don't come together XD /isdemanding

A compromise I like are pets with premade lines but no premade markings -- every pet is individually colored (kinda like the Quinsta). You get a lot of individuality that way, even though the lines are the same.

Ryuukokoro

I agree, I like agencies that are going to be very active and show they have a lot of time invested in them (like a big backstory, lots of cool banners, a website made, etc). Also a pet that looks really awesome is one that catches my attention, so sometimes it pays off to go that extra mile and pay a person who is really good at shading or making premade marking templates or even buying some sketches that are just drop dead gorgeous!

I don't mind templated markings at all, since it means usually that a person can do more pets in a faster time, so we can all collect them. But I would love it if there is a loooong list of markings to choose from, not just the usual "horse paint", "Zz stripes", etc. More individuality!

Individually posed pets are cool but sometimes they seem daunting, like you never have a shot at getting one since they take so much time and effort to make. Having at least some pre-made lines tells your followers that there's going to be some "common" stuff everyone can easily collect. No one much likes entering a ton of adoptable events but never taking anything home for their effort.

In my experience animals that seem to have the biggest response are anything canine and/or equine. Also dragons and cats. Just my personal opinion, but people who try to do fish/birds/humans/others don't seem to get as big a following. Not saying it can't be done, just saying more people seem to flock to certain animals.  8)

(edited to add more stuff to say XD )

zelda324

Ok well im not a fan of preset lineart really but i found one that I absolutely love to death.
It is a raptor outline which was found on deviant art, and I do have permission from the artist to use it on other sites. Though here is a link to her page either way click here for original owner

I just colored one up to show an example of it, though its just basic no marking or anything. But it is set up for me to add marking at any time. I am unsure what I want to name them so it would be awesome to get name suggestions, and I would be willing to give you all who help a free one.

I do know that i plan to have males have bright feathers, while females are a bit duller in color. So if a male has red feathers and a female has red feathers the female will have a darker duller red than the male. At least thats going to be the most common difference but it may not be the same all the time. Otherwise I may use the other raptor lineart for the male outline, and have this be the female outline. But first i want to see what everyone thinks bout this being an adoptable

Here are two different sizes also which one do you like the most

Smaller?

Bigger?

Also should i try to make certs for them or just leave them?

SkySong

I do like Basilisk's lines, and would definitely be interested if you decided to run these. I'd rather have the smaller size over the bigger one, although that's just my personal opinion. Sorry I can't think of any names. :)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Ryuukokoro

^__^ Wow!! That is adorable!!

I was dubious before I clicked the link, because art theft is a serious topic around here (I'm not accusing you of art theft, I just mean that it's hard to 'prove' that free art is safe to use as an adoptable, most times) so I didn't know if the art would be allowed here. However, the artist herself clearly says that the lineart can be used as an adoptable and can be used for currency on any adoptable site right there on the link, so I don't think there would be any problem with you using it here.

I really like your shading too, especially on the eye. Makes it look very alive.

I would say keep the male and female as the same lines. I looked at the other raptor lines through the link the artist has and it just looks like a completely different art style. I couldn't see them as being the same species. Just my opinion, though.

Name suggestions:
-Ancients
-Fossil Finds
-Raptorias
-Riptors
-Jungle Jewels
-Fossil Jewels

Personally I would say the size you have marked as 'smaller' is actually still too big. I would make them a little bit smaller than that.

Also, this again is just my opinion, but I really really like adoptables to have certs. If they don't have a cert, I feel like when I win a critter, anyone could just take it and claim it as their own. I like my critters to have a cert with my name on them. :)

SkySong

Totally agree with Ryuu, there. I second Raptorias, Jungle Jewels, or Fossil Finds as names, as well.

Wildfilly94

zelda324

Yeah I know art theft is a hard thing to prove and all. But I have the PM to prove she said it was ok and also as mentioned it says it right in her post as well. Which is nice for me because I would hate to be thought as an art theft because i been involved with the adoptable world for so long now that I would hate to have that rep. So I made sure I would be save instead of sorry.

But ya I was kindof hoping to make a crit with a cert, but i am not good with making certs >.< But I will fiddle around with it.

I like the name suggestions as well I'll see if there are anymore to come just to see ^_^

On another note I lost internet so I have four of them ready but if I am going to do a cert I will need too work that in

zelda324

I am sorry for the double post but here is an update. I made a cert that I am rather pleased with.

Here is the first raptor creature

Winged

I like it! Perhaps make the background image more transparent and the glow around the box slightly duller so the raptor stands out more? It's good as it is though.
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Definitely do like that, cert looks kinda futuristic, don't you think?

zelda324

Thats what i like about that look it looks like something from the future which could make sense if the raptors were genetically made in the future kindof deal.

But anyway, Should I hold a free draw for four halloween themed raptors? I know there isn't a name yet but I am sure I could still put something up. And change things later but I would just like to get something halloweenish out before its over XD

SkySong

Sure! I doubt any one here would turn down a free draw. Since the name isn't on the cert, you can always add one later or just keep it that way.