News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Elenaria] Summer Heat!

Started by Elenaria, July 15, 2014, 11:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elenaria

It's sooooo hot.  The cottage's windows and doors are thrown open, but none of the siblings seem to be present.  In fact, the whole area seems deserted.  Perhaps that's because the sun's rays are pounding down on the building as though determined to suck all moisture from every molecule.

Towards the creek, there's a flash of gold.  Then a flash of white.  Suddenly a unicorn steps into view.  She looks straight at you, then tosses her white horn, and whickers for you to follow.
Corlanna * Raeris * Saevia

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Elenaria

The Northwest is suffering from a heat wave. D8  Take advantage of it by playing some games to take our minds off of it and to cool down!

Game One: Earthshaker!

Earthshaker

Earthshaker believes herself to be a goddess.  Her blue gem is the focus of her powers, but it's something that bubbles within her from the rims of her hooves up to the tip of her white horn!  [Of course, she doesn't have REAL powers, but you wouldn't want to anger a goddess with silly little details, would you?]

It's time to expand her mythos!  Earthshaker wants to hear stories of her glory days (or future ones!).  Write up (or illustrate) stories of Earthshaker's amazing life!  The one that most accurately portrays her, she'll allow to take her home.

Begins: Now!
Ends: Noon, July 21st

Game Two: Heatwave

Heatwave

Heatwave loves the heat!  She wants to learn about more heated places.  Don't worry, you don't have to do any research!  Just post in RED something REALLY HOT.  It can be a place, a process, a thing!  She'll choose her favourite (*cough*Random.org*cough*) and go home with you to pester you for more information about... whatever heat-based thing won!

Game Three: Mirage~

Mirage

There's something... white... and... wavering.. hovering over by the creek.  Maybe it's a mirage?  Perhaps if you post pictures (real or drawn) of mirages, whatever it is will come out....  [Judged by Random.org]

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Elenaria

sera here~  Yes, this is now open!  No, i have not forgotten breedings!  Actually hoping to work on one or two more real fast now.  ^^;  i wanted to get out some free Elenaria to help tied people over until i'm actually moved and settled.  This will probably be the last event before i move, and it may be my last time to color until after we've completed the move and gotten settled.  .___.;;; 

If anyone wants to make some FR points, now's a great time to do so! |D;;;;  Plague is pushing for dominance!  Please check out the bribe thread for more information on that, but i'll need you to keep track of your own points for this week. ^^;;;;  <3  You may turn dragons in for customs, but i will not have time to work on them until after the move.

Love you guys, and sorry i've been so AWOL. D8;;;

Sidenote: Earthshaker is sera's 375th Elenaria!  Whee!

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Midnight Phantom

Yay nice, to see you! Good luck on the move!

Heat wave:
Solar plasma

Mirage:

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.607988797481813300&pid=15.1&P=0

Starlight Tavern

Delighted to see somebody around the cottage, I follow without hesitation, eager to see what the girl wants.

These are GORGEOUS, sera! You've outdone yourself, I think. I have to resist shoving a picture of a different Earthshaker at the Uni girlie, though. XD

Earthshaker

Heatwave
The sun! Or any star, really. Take your pick.

Mirage

Victoria

Heat wave:
Fire!

Mirage

I'm in love with the last one <3 so gorgeous.

Wind Surfers of SGA

Heat Wave
Carolina Reaper

Guinness World Records rated the Carolina Reaper the Worlds hottest pepper in 2012.

Mirage

ocean mirage

Laviee

Hi sera! Good luck with moving. n-n

Heat Wave
Touching a cookie pan that just came out of the oven.

Mirage

BabyKittenCandy

Dont tire yourself out too much Sera dear!

On the other hand wee events and yay for FR dragon trades! Got a load of exalt fodder just sat awaiting being needed, so I will keep an eye out!

Sleepy time now so entering events will have to happen tomorrow

Country

Keilin Alyr

Heatwave

Boiling sugar syrup, used for making candies.

Mirage

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Lectral

Wildfilly94

Elenaria

Quote from: Lectral on July 15, 2014, 08:40:21 PM
Heatwave

Texas
THIIISSSSSS~~~~~~~~~~~~ quoth the Texan. xD

i'm loving all of these entries! x3  Heatwave is super intrigued by all of the entries so far!!!

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

CutieePiee

Heatwave: Cheese on pizza straight out of the oven (The roof of my mouth gets burned every time. >_<

Mirage: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Desert_mirage_62907.JPG

Winged

Heatwave
Scotland! Sometimes... Oh fine, Sahara Desert

Mirage
Owner of Gliders!

BabyKittenCandy

Heatwave: Jalfrezi curry

Mirage:

Starya

Earthshaker:
The filly stamped a hoof in frustration.  She was BORED.  Why was there simply nothing to do?!  A gust of wind picked up suddenly, blowing her flowing white mane into her eyes.  She huffed, and took off at a brisk gallop across the field.  She slowed a bit as she approached the treeline, though still rushing at a reckless pace through the trees and underbrush, and then skidded to a halt when she reached a stream.
Breathing hard from her run, she stared into the swirling waters for a moment.  Feeling thirsty, she picked her way carefully down the muddy bank to take a drink.  Once satisfied, she looked up across the stream to see if there was perhaps anything different or exciting on the other side?
Seeing nothing of interest, her thoughts turned inward.  Despite the run, she was still feeling so... restless.  She flicked her tail in agitation.  The feelings of frustration were bubbling up inside of her, growing stronger by the minute.  She felt like screaming!  Instead, she took a breath, and then another.  She closed her eyes and tried to focus her thoughts through the blue gem at the base of her horn.  It was a secret notion of hers that she had powers that others lacked, that she was really a goddess.
Suddenly, she felt the ground begin to tremble beneath her hooves.  She opened her eyes, startled, wondering if she was imagining it.  The shaking grew stronger and she started to lose her footing on the slippery riverbank.  More alarmed now, she let out a shrill whinny and scrambled up to higher, drier ground.  After a moment the shaking stopped, just as abruptly as it had started.  The unicorn looked around curiously and found the forest completely still and silent.  It almost seemed to be in awe of whatever great power had just moved the very earth itself.
And suddenly it occurred to her... hadn't she JUST been thinking to herself that she needed to "shake things up a bit"?  And not a split second later the earthquake started.  It couldn't be a coincidence, she just knew it!  She tossed her mane over her neck and nodded to herself with the confidence of her realization.  Then she turned and started back in the direction she came, at a more reasonable pace this time.  She couldn't wait to tell her friends all about her newfound powers!

Heatwave:
The steering wheel of my car after it's been sitting out for several hours in the sun... ouch.

Mirage:

Conroy

Victoria

Earthshaker :

Earthshaker is the type of mare that loves to be the center of attention. I remember when it was storming and all of the herd members were kindof gloomy and sad because the weather was terrible. Their manes were soaked and the ground was muddy. Earthshaker was especially mad of this. Her vain self was trying to find a place to take cover so her "beautiful hooves" would not get dirty. Earthshaker ran around trying to find a palce to keep dry when she had slip in the mud and gotten her coat filthy. She gave out a loud niegh and the whole ground shook. She was angry and everytime she neighed the ground shook. Earthshaker stopped and looked at the herd who were shocked that she had shook the earth with her angry cries. But i didnt believe it for a second that she had real powers, it was just the thunder shaking the place up not her, even tho she did shake up our ear drums. The next day she had strutted into the middle of the herd with her head held high tossing her long mane so all the others could see, she felt proud of her new power and wanted everyone to know.

SPO

Microwaved molasses on a fresh tar road in the middle of July

Elenaria

Huurrrrrrr, it's been crazy, sorry, guys!  Judging before we pack up my big comp! <3

Earthshaker tosses her white mane and trots up to Skysong.  For... reasons... .this was quite accurate.  Also, she liked the drawings.  ^.~

Heatwave!!!!
There were 15 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Cutiee
Kadana
Skysong
Wildfilly
Winged
BKC
Country
Victoria
Midnight
Keilin
Heatwave
Laviee
Conroy
Starya
Lectral
Timestamp: 2014-07-25 18:12:39 UTC

Mirage
There were 14 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

BKC
Victoria
Keilin
Cutiee
Kadana
Winged
Skysong
Mirage
Starya
Conroy
Country
Midnight
vWildfilly
Laviee
Timestamp: 2014-07-25 18:13:36 UTC

Congrats, guys!!!! Conroy, no lie, i laughed outright when i saw your Mirage entry.  SPO, unfortunately, you missed the time deadline!! D8  i'm sorry!

Okay, will move these mares over and then must pack up the big comp!  Love you all and hope to see you in... a week or two.  ^^;  <3

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

BabyKittenCandy

Congrats everyone! :)  Conroy's entry made me laugh too!

Sera, have a good and careful move dear! We will look forwards to your return!

SkySong

Congrats BKC and Cutiee! The car idea was ingenious by the way, Conroy.

Have a safe move, sera! We'll be here when you get everything unpacked.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed