News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Rodentia] Realistic (lineless) Rodent Adoptable

Started by Tribe, March 18, 2010, 12:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribe

Rodentia

Welcome To Rodentia, here at the shop we have all your rodent needs. We sell the best of quality in rats and mice in the area. We strive to breed only the to the highest standards and the finest personalities. We ask you to take a look around and well if you see something you like do feel free to take home a new friend ^^.

---

Examples

Short Hair Mouse

Long Hair Mouse

Domestic Rat

Dumbo Rat

---

Life Cycle

Stage One-Pinkie
Each rodent is born as a pinkie, they vaugly showing markings & colors. Gender and Variety is unknown.
Pinkies are born 2 days after breeding.
Pinkies grow 2 weeks after delievery.

Stage Two-Weanling
The rodents then grow from pinkies to weanlings. Everything will be known at this point.
Weanlings grow 1 week after theyve changed stages. (so 1 week after growing from a pinkie)

Stage Three-Adult
Wealings grow into thier adult stage and this is thier final stop in thier cycle (because they dont age after this we dont have to worry about pershing.) Adults must have thier forever home by this time because they become very attached as adults and its not good on them for them to have to be passed around.

---

The Mice

There are two types of mice we offer here at rodentia, Fancy Domestic and Fancy Long hair. They come in every color and marking you can think of (well within the realm of mousehood that is XD). We also carry the fancy satin at certian times.

The Rats

There are two types of rats we offer here at rodentia, Short Hair Domestic & Dumbo. They come in every color and marking avaiable to the rattery world (and some that arnt >.>)

---

Breeding
Breeding is always open, each breeding cost 10k.
You must have a male and female of the same Type (so rat or mice).
Different Variteys may breed together without adverse affects.
Females may only breed once every month, however over breeding your female will result in death both in the doe and the babies.
Males may breed as many times as you please, however if they over breed the quality of thier offspring is likely to be low.
Rat Breedings-2-6 pinkies (you may keep three)
Mouse Breeding-1-4 pinkies (you may keep two)

Showing
Once a month there is a show, this allows you to raise the quality of your rodent there for raising the quality of thier offspring.
There is only one class to the show so theres no need to worry about getting in for more then once a month.
Every three months those rodents who have gained enough points can be in the best of show. A rodent placed best in class is a maxed point rodent and will increase the quality of its offspring and number of offspring.

Trading
This is a seasonal, timely thing. I will open it every now and again for adults as the adults take it hard when being rehomed. Pinkies & Weanlings are always tradeable unless already named!

---

Facts & Questions

If you have a question or i need to add odd and ends information i will put it all here.

Tribe

Mice Colors/Markings

Colors Accepted
Beige
Black
Blue
Champange
Chocolate
Coffee
Cream
Dove
Fawn
Gold
Ivory
Lilac
Orange
Red
Silver White

Markings

Self
Tan
Fox
Banded
Broken
Broken Merle
Dutch
Even
Hereford
Rump White
Spotted Tans
Variegated

AOC
Agouti, Argente, Chinchilla, Cinnamon, Pearl, Silver Black, Silver Blue, Silver Chocolate, Silver Grey.

AOCP
Blue Point Himalayan, Blue Point Siamese, Brindle, Himalayan, Merle, Reverse Siamese, Roan, Seal Point Siamese, Siamese Sable, Splashed.

Unstanderized
A mouse with custom markings, when ordering a custom marking you will the name it and others can use it in the future

---

Rat Color/Markings

Colors
Beige, Black, Blue, Blue-Beige, Champagne, Chocolate, Cocoa, Lilac, Mink, Platinum, Russian Blue, Russian Dove, Sky Blue, Black-eyed White, Pink-eyed White.

Self
Silvered
English Irish
Irish
Berkshire
Essex
Variegated
Blaze
Dalmation
Hooded
Bareback
Capped
Masked

Odd Eyed

AOC
Agouti, Amber, Blue Agouti, Chinchilla, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Pearl, Fawn, Lynx, Pearl, Russian Blue Agouti.

ACOP
Blue Point Siamese, Burmese, Himalayan, Russian Blue Point Siamese, Seal Point Siamese, Merle

Unstanderdized
A custom marking ordered, when ordering you will name the marking and it will then become avialable for future use.

Fwuffly

I remember these and they are adorable :)  I had a small collection and will be sure to follow them here as well.

Tribe

If you had owned them before you can have them transferred :D

Fwuffly

That would be lovely Hunni if possible - it would be great to see them again!

Tribe

Do you still have thier images? if you do ill go ahead and start them now, if you dont i can see if willowdragon has them ^^

Fwuffly

Had a scoure through my adoptable folder and I cant find them I'm afraid :(

Tribe

Okay ill see if willow still does. If she dosnt ill just give you a few pinkies to start off with to replace the older ones hun.

Fwuffly

indigowulf

Can you ask willow about mine too? I dont have most of my old adopty files because virus wiped important stuff

Tribe

Ive asked her about all the old rodents, if she has them ill just transfer them to the new photobucket. If she does not ill give everyone a wild x wild breed and youll get to keep the all the pinkies.

Tribe

All previously owned rodents have been located ^^

Poupou

Did I have any?  I don't think so, just thought I'd ask. XD

Lectral

O.o  when did these change hands?  I didn't know WillowDragon was giving them up :(

Also, I still have the link to the old forums, but I am missing a couple mice.  I got a mouse or two from the last event on PI, but I don't see them - could you check with WillowDragon and see if she has them anywhere?  Looking through, I think I see one I recognize in the "Colored PNG" folder; the white and brown mouse with the heart shaped marking on its forehead

I remember buying or winning her (I don't remember the actual event), but then WillowDragon was gone for a bit, and I don't think she ever got certed...

Tribe

I just bought them off of her today ^^

And well if you say shes yours ill believe you. Can you give me a name for her/him?

Lectral

I'd like to name her Charm, please

But if WillowDragon, or anyone else happens to remember differently, I won't dispute it - it has been so long, and I have no concrete proof, after all XD

WillowDragon

I couldn't give these lovely critters the time they deserved  :(

But i'm sure they will do well with Hunni!  I may well end up following these again myself  lol

If there are any that didn't get certed I apologise, I suck.

W xx

Lectral

you don't suck!  You are a very busy person, it happens XD

Tribe

Oh know your fine love! Ive did the cert a little different now but hopefully people still like it. Just switched the font really.

WillowDragon

It always pains me to sell of adoptables, but they definately deserve better than sitting on my computer gathering dust!  ::)

I have my own real life mousery now  lol   And I am showing too... or will be in the next couple of months, i'm setting up my own lines of Pale Satins and Lilacs, will also be starting up a line of chocolate rumpwhites in a month or so too, and I also breed the odd litter of blues to use as outcrosses for my lilacs.
So as you can imagine, i have ALOT of mice  hehee  Which take up alot of my spare time.

Hmm... maybe i'll start up some lilacs in Rodentia!  ;D

Willow xx

Echowing

Are the examples up? >.> I can't see them if they are. Darn, I like mousies D=

Tribe

No i havnt added them im trying to perfect my coloring style for these guys im having some hard times because ive never done a lineless adoptable and i wont them to be perfect ^^

Tribe

^^ wed be glad to have you willow.

And now that i have some people in the thread what do you guys think of the concept? how should i change it? or would you like to have it had willow had it?

Keeper

I think it all really depends on the artwork, would love to see some examples when you are ready.
The idea sounds great

WillowDragon

If you want, you can use mice and rats owned by me as the examples, i don't mind  =o)

I'm going to be annoying now and show of one of my real life show type babies...

Hehee  She is 3 weeks old, Dove satin carrier and an absolute gem!  She will be shown next month.  As you can see, show type mice look slightly different to pet type  hehe

Can't help it, i love showing off my babies!

W xx

Echowing

I haven't been on PI or wherever else so I haven't seen them before but I'm sure they'll be great. The concept sounds interesting (never knew you could show mice and rats so I'll be watching that).

Tribe

Yep :D i had a show rat a couple years back her was a lilac vergaited dumbo.

I so want a baby outta your lines willow! shes a cutie for sure i love satins!

indigowulf

noting for self:
rats owned: 012-male Blue (thought I had a pink eyed white female named Mongoose, after my late pet??)
mice ownes: 019- male Lucky

YourLoveOnly

I love the mice, so I will be stalking these <3

BabyKittenCandy

Tribe

Yes BKC you did and im going to have to name/recolor them because they dont have thier names already (just because theres no transparent verisons of the mice off thier certs i dont think >.> if there are ill just recert ^^

and indigo i believe you ill color one up if youll give me a name and owner sweety.

Fwuffly

I do like the way that Willow had run them, I was just getting into the Genetics when they went quiet.  I dont think that I would change the way it was run but they are your babies so go with what feels good for you :)

Tribe

Well if willow dosnt mind ^^ may i have their old conept love? Id like them to ran how the previous fans liked them because that will help with the new fan base plus im not to excited about how i have them laid out.

As far as mousey genetics go >.> willow may have to or someone will have to school me a little..horse genetics i can do..mouseys not so much.

WillowDragon

http://rodentiaadoptable.proboards.com/index.cgi

That is the forums I had, on there are all the rules and should inform you how I used to run things =o)

As for mousey genetics... are you ready?

Genes come in two forms, Dominant and recessive.
Dominant genes are written in capitals, recessive genes are in lower case.

Dominant genes only need one copy of a gene to be visable, recessive genes need two copies (One from each parent)
One copy of a gene is called Hetrozygous, two copies of the same gene are called Homozygous.

The Agouti (A) Locus

Ay - Dominant Yellow (Red)
Avy - Viable Yellow (USA Brindle)
Aw - Light Bellied Agouti
A - Agouti (Normal Wild Type)
a(t) - Black Tan
a(m) - Mottled Agouti
a - Non Agouti (Black)
a(e) - Extreme Non Agouti (Pitch Black, no tan hairs at all)

The Brown (B) Locus - recessive

BB - Non Carrier, Does not affect colour
Bb - Carrier, typically does not affect colour
bb - Shows Brown gene (Chocolate)

The Albino (C) Locus

C - Non affected, Full Colour
c(ch) - Chinchilla
c(h) - Himalayan (Homozygous is Siamese)
c - Albino
c(e) - Extreme Dilution

The Dilute (D) Locus - recessive

DD - Non Carrier, Does not affect colour
Dd - Carrier, typically does not affect colour
dd - Shows Dilute gene (Blue)

The Pink Eye (P) Locus - recessive

PP - Non Carrier, does not affect colour
Pp - Carrier, typically does not affect colour
pp - Shows Pink Eyes

The Marked Genes

Rw - Rumpwhite (Lethal in Homozygous)
ss - Piebald (Broken and Even marked)
dudu - Dutch
W - dominant White (Lethal)
W(v) - Viable White
hehe - Hereford

Other Genes

sisi - Silvered
MoBr - Brindle (Sex Linked)
ln - Leaden
e - recessive yellow

My understanding of these codes came from various sources, primarily Finnmouse's website and Tony Cookes 'Exhibition and Pet Mice' book. I recommend checking out both!

Coat Colour Varieties

Self

Black - aa B* C* D* P*
Chocolate - aa bb C* D* P*
Blue - aa B* C* dd P*
Lilac - aa bb C* dd P*
Red - Ay B* C* D* P*
Cream - Ay B* cchcch D* P* or aa B* cce D* P* or pp - It it also thought that some Black eyed Creams are Chinchillated Lilacs.
Champagne - aa bb C* D* pp or aa bb C* dd pp
Dove - aa B* C* D* pp
Fawn - Ay B* C* D* pp
Silver - aa B* C* dd pp
White - There are many ways to make white, the PEW is typically Albino and the BEW is typically a white marked mouse with no colour showing, but there are other ways too.

Ticked

Agouti - A* B* C* D* P*
Blue Agouti - A* B* C* dd P*
Lilac Agouti - A* bb C* dd P*
Silver Agouti - A* B* cchcch D* P*
Chinchilla - Aat B* cchcch D* P*
Cinnamon - A* bb C* D* P*
Argente - A* B* C* D* pp
Argente Cream - A* B* cchcch D* pp

Tans & Foxes

Tans may come in any of the black based colours above (except white) A/at or a/at

Foxes may come in the colours Black, Blue, Chocolate and Lilac. a/at cchcch.

Any Other Varieties

Himalayan - aa B* chc D* P*
Blue Point Himalayan - aa B* chc dd P*
Seal Point Siamese - aa B* chch D* P* or aa B* chce D* P*
Blue Point Siamese - aa B* chch dd P*
Sable - Ayat B* C* D* P*
Martens Sable - Ayat B* cchcch D* P*

I wrote all this by the way, and have used it on another mouse forum who I am a mod for, feel free to use it if you wish, but you must quote my name Katie McCrystal, the website Finnmouse and author Tony Cooke as what I used for reference  ;)

Tribe

Okay so im a little confuzzled here.

On horses thier genes come as pairs such as Aa is agouti if im not wrong however i noticed A is agouti for the mice, so do they just carrry the big A if they are full agouti or what?

Sorry willow im just trying to get it all right ^^ After i get all my own examples uploaded ill setting up in generals. (though this may be later today i have to head out for work around 3.

And if i use it ill be sure to credit every one love!

WillowDragon

Yes the genes do come in pairs the * just means it can be A or a... because anything written in capitals is a dominant gene, so it only needs one copy to show.

A horsie example... if a horse is Aa... its still bay, because the A is dominant.

Tribe

Okay from what i can tell ^^ i have this pretty much set up like willowdragon had it. Aside from the showing possibly. Breeding will be based off of genetics, as before. You may have to give me a bit to catch up on them but im going to do my very best to do that!

I really hope that i can run this to the upmost perfection guys ^^

Okay so if its a dominant agouti itd be AA? correct? if thats it then i totally have this :D
Hunni

WillowDragon

If a mouse is AA then all thier offspring will be agouti or varients thereof

Tribe

Okay ^^ undestand that part now.

But if the mouse itself is an AA does the mouse have an agouti coat then? and what if its an Aa? or aa?

Or is it no matter what if it has any of the a's in any set its an agouti of some sort?

Like an mouse that has Aa in its genetics its an black then? from what i ready below thats how i understand it..though im not very good at this quite yet lol. Sorry for all the questions love.

Tribe

Help for myself XD people ignore this. Ratties genetics

Agouti Gene
A=agouti which produces yellow banding in the hair..
a=Non Agouti Based (will be whatever base color without yellow banding)

Brown gene
B/-=Black
b/b=Brown

Burmese gene
Bu=burmese
bu=recessive no effect

C locus
c/c-albino
c/ch-himalayn white with medium points
ch/ch-warm cream with rich points

Blue Genes
D/-=black
d/d=british blue
A- d/d=Agouti blue
a/d d/d=american blue

Russian Blue
Rb/-=Black
rb/rb=russian blue
A/- rb/rb=Russian Blue Agouti
d/d rb/rb = Russian silver
A/- d/d rb/rb=Russian silver agouti

Mink & Peral
a/a M/- pe/- = Black
a/a m/m pe/pe = mink
A/- m/m pe/pe = Cinnamon
m/m Pe/pe=Peral
A/- m/m Pe/pe = Cinnamon Peral

WillowDragon

AA = Agouti
Aa = Agouti, carrying non agouti (Black)
aa = non agouti (Black)

indigowulf

My female rat isnt in my owners section anywhere, so I'm thinking that I had planned her but never actually got her. So, I'll wait til you have customs to order her :)

Tribe

Okay well guys i havnt got this completely figured out yet but im going to open usd customs for these guys. I basically need $75 to get my dog outta the pound before hes put to sleep (i have 72 hours!) and i have $0 to my name due to bills. If you wanna know the whole story you can read my post in the lovely general chat forum.

Rodentia

All rodentia stuffs will be ran from this account ^^ so please if you have any questions an so on pm this account!