News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Favorite Horse Breeds?

Started by Silvanon, April 02, 2010, 10:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanon

I'm working on a project.

So, what's one or two of your favorite horse breeds?

I like Arabians and Clydesdales myself.

List:

Arabians - 1111111
Clydesdales - 11111
Gypsy Vanners - 1111111
Brabant - 1
Dutch Warmbloods - 1
Mustangs - 11
Hanoverians - 1
Quarter Horses - 111
Morgans - 1
Peruvian Pasos - 11
Friesians - 1111
Welsh Cobs - 1
Cobs - 1
Thoroughbreds - 111
Fjord horses - 1
Standardbreds - 1
Percheron - 1
Barbs - 1
Andalusians - 1
Shire - 1

red_uni387

gypsy vanners are my absolute favorite :D

edit: though the brabant I find are a wonderful draft breed, they are what I think of when someone says draft

Ryuukokoro

Vanners!!

Also palominos. Although I guess that is more a color than a breed. But I remember as a kid there was a big debate and some people considered them a breed and some just a color... I dunno if that's changed lol.

Kadana Sorano

Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Ravvana

Dutch Warmbloods (;D)
Mustangs

Also... (somewhat in order)
Quarter Horses
Thoroughbreds
Arabians
Gypsy Vanners
Hanoverians
Friesians
Shetland Ponies
Norwegian Fjords
Shires
Tennessee Walking Horses
Morgans
Welsh Ponies

Scullisto

quyllur

Hanoverians and Quarter Horses.

Lectral

Morgans
Peruvian Pasos

Several others (which are on the list already), but you did say one or two XD  I think my "favorites" list would end up being a top 10, maybe even 15 XD

Ember

Gypsy Vanners, Clydesdales, and Friesians <3

Neocridders

Echowing

Ravvana

Quote from: Lectral on April 02, 2010, 10:44:39 PM
Morgans
Peruvian Pasos

Several others (which are on the list already), but you did say one or two XD  I think my "favorites" list would end up being a top 10, maybe even 15 XD

Oh man, I totally missed the "one or two" XDD *ducks*

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Friesians and quarter horses

Nighthenge

Welsh Cobs (I adore all 4 sections, but Cobs are my #1)
Thoroughbreds
Irish Draughts
Highland Ponies and the remaining Mountain & Moorland breeds (Fell, Dales, Darties, New Forests, etc)
Pinzgauer Norikers
Old type Morgans
Cleveland Bays

Pinkshadow

Spixy

YourLoveOnly

Gypsy Vanners and Friesians <3

Willow

I love Gypsy Vanners, but I've always been one for Fjord horses :)
Stocky yet beautiful ^3^
~Willow

Fwuffly

Cobs & Thoroughbreds

All 3 of my horses were thoroughbreds I loved there soft faces - very friendly and reliable.

Math

Arabians, Standardbreds and Quarter Horses. :)

Taruia

Frisians are number one after that it's pretty much any draft or draft/sport horse cross breed XD

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Silvanon

*A strangely dressed man enters the thread.  He pulls out paper and some sort of writing utensil from the satchel at his belt, and begins taking notes*

Math

I am officially excited to see how your project turns out. :D

indigowulf

in order:

Percheron
Peruvian Paso
Quarter Horse

Pinkshadow

owh i have more ;

Frisians
Haflinger
Danish Warmblood
National Show Horse
Mountain Pleasure Horse
Andalusian
Paint Horse
Lustiano
Rocky Mountain Horse
Tennessee Walking Horse
Welsh Pony & Cob

Silvanon

*The strangely dressed man pauses a moment at the lists including more than two breeds, and then records only the first two mentioned.*

("One or two" guys!  ;)  )

Ravvana

Oh good, since my first two (Dutch Warmblood & Mustang) are my favorites <3 I will go bold them for ease of viewing; sorry XD

Tribe

Arabians
Barbs

Arabs are of course love for me, ive rode an arab appy mix for what..how old am i? 16 years now i think..i was 4 he was to..that makes it 14 years XD anywho i love my boy and im seriously hurting thinking hes getting almost to old to show anymore. I will never be able to ride anything other then arab, i got way to use to his pace and when riding my friends walkers i end up jello legged.

Barbs are just thick awesomly stocky horses, or they use to be i have seen much outta the breed. We had one when i was younger, poor guy got outta his stable onto the slick concrete floor, he fell and broke his neck and had to be put down. I think his name was grape though i dont recall his actual coat i think he was a purply red bay. Beautiful boy no doubt.

Silvanon

*The strangly dressed man walks past, leading a horse*

Pinkshadow

Tribe

Oh for sure an arab *stroaks horses pretty chesnut fur* what exactly shall you do with this pretty?

sera

Definitely Friesians first, then Thoroughbreds (my original screenname was friesianxtb, lol), then probably Egyptian Arabians, though my friend says they look funny. xD  But i adore those Friesians.

springacres

I have to go with Quarter Horses myself :)

Wolfs Fang

I like American Mustangs and Andalusians. :)

~Fang
~~

Silvanon

*The man turns the horse, an Arabian mare, loose in a paddock apparently set up for the purpose.  He then walks back the way he came, and returns after a few moments with another horse in tow, an Arabian stallion this time*

Pinkshadow

indigowulf

*sits very still and holds out an apple, after the mysterious man says it's ok, of course*

Silvanon

*The man settles the Arabian stallion in an enclosure near the mare. He gives a nod of approval to indigowulf and her apple as he passes by on his way back.  Like before, he returns with another horse, a Gypsy Vanner mare this time, who he leads to the mare's enclosure*

red_uni387

eee silv the vanner is so pretty!!

Ravvana

Math

*is in awe*

These are gorgeous!

Tribe

*plays with stud arabian* i must say i cannot wait to see what this turns out to be!

SeaCrest

Arabian. Shire,  and Connemara (well, it's a pony, does that count?)

PonyMama

I know nothing about horses but have always thougth Clydesdales were stunning creatures.

Scullisto

Silvanon

*The man makes one more trip, and returns with a Gypsy Vanner stallion, who he takes to the stallions paddock.  He is also carrying a sign under one arm, which he sets up near the horses.  The sign reads "Quinsta."*

Neocridders

Silvanon, those are gorgous!
I love the Gypsy vanners!

Ryuukokoro

Oh ho ho! Now I see why this thread has so many responses!! Sil you certainly have been a busy girl! Er, I mean, that guy sure has been finding lots of preeeeeetttty horses. XB

*smiles at the Arabians but then stops short as the Vanners appear* 0___0 Oh. My. Word. Gorgeous. Delightful! RYUU WANTS!!

On an artistic note, I really like how they don't have a solid black outline, but it seems the lines actually work with the coloring of the horses. Very nice!

Neocridders

And, I don't know if this matters at all... but that man is pretty stunning. I love him so much <3
And the horses, of course, but I doubt anyone has commented on that wonderful man overthere, finding those amazing horses.

red_uni387