News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Rabbit Hills} Return of the bunnies!

Started by Rodent Cottage, February 15, 2014, 03:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodent Cottage

Toffeeca and I were talking recently and she asked if I was interested in taking over (part or all of) the Rabbit Lovers Anonymous adoptable she launched a while back. Everyone knows of my love for rodents, so I said yes to this! :D

I will always love FCFC and Panda Shrimps and be an active part of those adoptables, I've been with them long enough to be sure of that. But I am very passionate about rodents so I've decided months ago that any other adoptables under my name should and will be rodent-based :) It's something I'll never lose interest in and it also fits in well with my love of natural and realistic adoptables (like FCFC is too! and my Panda Shrimps can fulfill all my fantasy-coloring needs :P).

I've decided I want to focus on the dwarf lines only. It was by far the most populair breed the shop had and the one I like best myself as well. The other won't be returning, but perhaps we'll change our mind on that in the future. Dwarf rabbits previously adopted out can be taken with you to the Rabbit Hills launch if you want, or you can decide to start over.

Toffeeca and I decided one of the other lines we had for the shop could possibly be a second pose for the Rabbit Hills adoptable as well, so I've made a poll to let you guys vote on that.

Old pose:
New pose:

Rodent Cottage

Also, if option B should win the poll you can pick one of these options for each of your old male rabbits from RLA:
a. recoloring the male on new pose for a small fee
b. making your male a female
c. keeping him as is (so you'll have a male in what is now considered the female pose, but no more new males will be colored in that pose anymore)
That is, if you want to take your old dwarfs with you of course! I don't see why not, but if you for some reason prefer to start all over that's okay too.

SGA

I am happy to see these coming back, but extremely saddened that it will be just the dwarfs.
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

YourLoveOnly

Personally I feel like if I want to run a rabbit adoptable with multiple breeds there need to be way more breeds, like toffeeca originally planned. Sadly because WillowDragon didn't complete the commission we don't have many breeds, there's only 3 completed breeds that are adult + baby and 1 breed that is adult only. Because the dwarfs were so much more populair than the other breeds I'm not fully comfortable spending a bunch of USD getting more breeds added to them. However, I do have all the lines and permission to use them, so it is possible I decide to add the other lines back to the adoptable in the future.

For now I'm willing to do a special event at relaunch for people who had RLA rabbits of other breeds to turn them in for random or maybe semo custom dwarfs, so they don't end up with less pets than they originally had. This does not mean you will lose your other rabbits, if I ever do add those lines to the shop again they will still be yours to take with you and keep.

Wildfilly94

I too am very depressed to see that the other breeds wont be back.. :( I really liked the variety of bunnies you could choose and I really liked the look of the others as well. I think commissioning for more breeds would be pointless, because the amount of breeds that did get done was enough for me. But that's just my opinion..

SPO

If you are going to focus on these then are you going to revoke your agency application for panda shrimp? Cause that makes it seem like you are going to focus on the panda shrimp.

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Wildfilly94 on February 15, 2014, 04:43:06 PM
I too am very depressed to see that the other breeds wont be back.. :( I really liked the variety of bunnies you could choose and I really liked the look of the others as well. I think commissioning for more breeds would be pointless, because the amount of breeds that did get done was enough for me. But that's just my opinion..

Ditto for me as well. I don't know if I could follow this shop anymore, the way it is currently presented. This shop was one of my favorites and I often think about it from time to time, I even thought about it recently. I didn't want to bug toff about it because 1.) I figured she was busy and 2.) I figured it had to do with the lines she commissioned, which I knew was a sticky subject.

But reviving the shop with only one of the breeds doesn't feel like a shop to me, it feels like half a shop. :( And mostly I would feel kinda cheated that the rabbits I had collected/bred before no longer 'count' and I couldn't include them in events anymore.

I don't think there's any problem at all with having a shop about rabbit breeds and only have 3 breeds to offer. Even if one of them doesn't have a baby stage. It at least gives more options than a shop with only one breed. And that way our previous rabbits aren't null and void.

(I also really liked the old name of the shop and I would miss it if that changed.)

Edit: I also just noticed the offer to get a premade or semi-custom rabbit for each of the other breeds we had, so we start with the same number of rabbits we had before. Personally, this doesn't feel fair to me because some of those we have in the other lines are customs or were bred for specific colorings. Getting a random or semi-custom Dwarf in exchange doesn't justify losing a rabbit we loved and earned, in my opinion.

Rosedawn

Just to toss this in to you already have those old lines of the other breeds... Seems a waste to just let them rot. And I'm not sure dwarf was the most popular, it was just the first offered so there were more of those made in premades and the like...I really loved the lops.

YourLoveOnly

It's the feeling both toff and I got. If that's wrong and people really do love to collect the other breeds just as much I don't mind keeping them the way they were, name and everything :) I mostly did the name change because it wouldn't really be continuing as it were and a name change seemed fitting with a revamp. But I do think all lines are lovely, so if people want that we can totally do that! :D

We have 3 breeds with baby lines and 1 adult without, so I'd have to look into possibly commissioning a baby for that breed, or seeing if any of the current baby lines might be useable for this breed. Would people mind if a baby pose was used for 2 different breeds?

I am a bit hurt by the comments implying I would be taking pets away if I did go through with the revamp.. No pets are being deleted, they are still yours to keep and cherish, and you would even get extra pets to make up for the fact that the old ones of other breeds would 'retire'. But I don't want this return to turn sour, I was really looking forward to it, and it looks like this isn't anything to worry about anyway since it looks like most people do prefer all lines. I just wanted to explain that I did not suggest this revamp to hurt people in any way, I didn't think people would mind the change so much and there would be more excitement about at least part of the shop being back. But clearly I was wrong, so if people don't mind us relaunching with the current amount of breeds and the knowledge that there might not be anymore added then we can and will totally do that, no problem :)

Also, if there are people who would like to be a colorist (or one time guest colorist) for these I am totally open to that as well :) I'm glad there is still a love for the shop, I know I really loved them and if anything, I am glad I might have underestimated the remaining popularity of all the lines. It's good that people care so much! <3

@SPO: That's not the way it is at all. I dunno where you get that? It says clearly I love FCFC and Panda Shrimps and will keep running them. It said I wanted to focus on the dwarf lines of the RLA shop, not this adoptable over others. The only thing I decided for myself is that if I launch any new adoptables they will have in common that they are all rodent based instead of running a large amount of totally different adoptables. I like so many things and I can't run 10 billion different things, that gets super confusing, so I decided all new things would be natural & (semi)realistic rodent adoptables, that's all it was meant to say. I have a passion for rodents, I like spreading love for and knowledge about them and I love natural and realistic adoptables.

It doesn't mean I love the other two adoptables I'm a part of any less and they aren't going anywhere. FCFC is good for my love of other realistic animals not rodent-based and Panda Shrimps is wonderful because they áre fantasy and thus are totally different from anything else I have, which makes them a joy to run. So no, Panda Shrimps aren't going anywhere, or else I wouldn't have tried for Agency (for like.. the 3rd or 4th time :P) and I wouldn't constantly be working on templating new markings, commissioning new accessories etc. No worries. I hope it doesn't cost us votes because people think this way, but I'll keep trying again next time if Panda Shrimps don't make it :)

hiyoko

I wouldnt mind if the same baby line was used for multiple lines. As long as we can have more breeds. ;D

YourLoveOnly

I'm very glad to have made this topic before any sort of relaunch :) I did always plan to keep open the option of returning the other breeds later if there was interest, but if it's already so obvious everyone wants that we can just do that from the start xD

Ryuukokoro

I think it will be a great shop with all the breeds! ^_^ Yay!

Silvanon

I don't think I ever actually managed to get any of these while they were active before, but I remember hoping & planning to collect all the breeds, so I'm really glad to hear they'll all be back. :)