News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ocean Lights

Started by Echowing, April 09, 2010, 01:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echowing

So, you've heard of the great sea monsters, right? Giant beasts that'll bring down a ship in one blow? Yeah, that's them. I'm sorry to say that those old beasts are gone.... but their descendants are still here.

Ocean Lights

There is one of them trailing silently behind each ship on the ocean with their colored lanterns swinging from their tails. The color of light that shines from their lantern can bring bad luck or blessings to the ship they follow.

Natural colors:
-green
-blue
-grey
-black
-brown

Uncommon colors:
-none yet discovered

Lantern color/meaning:

Blue- calm water, smooth sailing

Red- dangerous waters, strong winds

Green- profits from journey

Black- sunken ship, no survivors

Orange- lost at sea, no one makes it home (May be stuck in foreign land though)

Yellow- illness onboard, crew weakened   [thanks to SeaCrest]

Grey- thick fog, collision danger [thanks to SeaCrest]

[Feel free to suggest new colors and meanings-variety is appreciated-they have to do with sailing/ships/etc]

Known Mutations:

-Mermaid Mutation-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, tell me watch you think please. You may suggest a new mutation but it might not be chosen as one and if it is, it will take awhile to create. I'd also like price suggestions. These are going to be hand shaded [just ignore bad shading on mermaid for now, I'm tired]. I cannot make a passable cert and I would rather they not have much on them so would you rather have a name/owner/etc on the pic [just writing, no cert] or as written notes that you can display somewhere on your own?

Ex:
[pic]
Name:
Notes: [mutation/lantern color/etc]

And in the photobucket account I would put it as the description so it would be there for you. (personally, I like this best)

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy  :)

Pinkshadow

oowh their cute, and they dont need a picture cert just writing ;)

Neocridders

I love the art, I love the idea. It's very cute. I will be interested in these adoptables

I would like to put this out there, though...There was a cute adoptable on PI. It was called Lantern Dragons. It had a dragon looking creature with a lantern either in his paw or on his tail. The art work was not the same, but the concept is similar... if you know what I mean? I am not trying to accuse you of anything. Just stating a fact that there was an adoptable on PI like this.

Still, please do run this here. I love your artwork. It's lovely

Echowing

Ah, don't worry about it. I can say for certain that I have never heard of that as I was only on PI for like whatever the trial period was years ago and gave up on it when I didn't understand how to play. During that time I never saw or heard of anything like this, It's just up to the people here to trust me. I have never been on since and sorry if it is too close a call for some people but I know that I did not steal and everyone else will just have to trust me *shrugs* (I'm not angry or mad at you or anything, don't worry. It's very hard to convey a light attitude through written text e.e )

Blegh, on the other hand, it's so annoying that the minute I think I've come up with a good idea some durn mind reader already got it >.> Ugh. Oh well, I was hoping to make it unique by coming up with a lot of different mutations so maybe it'll set it apart.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. ^^ Now I'll know what happened if some random person starts freaking out on me Lol

Neocridders

It is obvious you didn't steal anything. Since the dragons were very different, I believe some had pixie wings (and, of course, that's not to say you can't have pixie wings on your dragons. I'm just trying to point out some differences.)

Don't worry about it, I just wanted to let you know. No one is going to accuse you of anything, since the art is your own, and the idea may be similar, but I'm sure you'll take them farther. The lantern colors is a unique and cool idea.

I do like the idea of these monsters. I want  acouple :D !

Echowing

Aw, thanks ^^

I figure I'll work on some more mutations and see if I can get more feedback before I try to start them up.

I also figured they'd be RP'able but I don't RP (just haven't tried yet) so I wouldn't really know. I was thinking an RP that started with a fleet of ships and people who own an OL can decide which ship they decide to follow, take control of it and RP out the events that come as a result of the lantern's power. [Just because a lantern causes dangerous weather doesn't mean they can't survive, only the black ensures that] At least that would be how I'd play them. Or for non-owner RP's I could give people a ship to run and as they played out their adventure a random OL would show up to follow them and it would affect their story.  I'm sure experienced people could manage to team up as a group of pirates or merchants or something crazy and battle with eachother lol. Just ideas that I'm throwing out here.

YourLoveOnly

Oooh that sounds interesting. I love RP with adventure and plot and this sounds very exciting.

Echowing

Good! It would be interesting to see how far people could take it. I was thinking that as people went along I'd be changing weather and conditions and see how they pull through it. That way they could face different things instead of having to write their entire adventure out by themselves. I'll have to watch how people RP first before I start so it won't be too bad x]

SeaCrest

Yellow --> Illness onboard? Or to the ship, I guess, which would mean damage...

Echowing

Hm, right, with an illness the crew would be weakened, making the journey harder. That's a good one, thanks!  :D

SeaCrest

Quote from: Echowing on April 11, 2010, 11:34:01 PM
Hm, right, with an illness the crew would be weakened, making the journey harder. That's a good one, thanks!  :D

Welcome ;)

Grey - Thick fog, danger of crashing and sinking
Purple - Royal ship, heavily armed
Pink - Many young children aboard, danger of 'man overboard'
Rusty Red - Pirate ship? Chance of successful loot, chance of death

Echowing

Ohh, more ideas, good! x3  I love the grey one, definitely going in! The others ones would be okay except for the fact that in an RP I wouldn't want someone to have to change their occupants or ship type in the middle of their story. Thank you for all the suggestions, you're very helpful =D

SeaCrest

Quote from: Echowing on April 11, 2010, 11:56:59 PM
Ohh, more ideas, good! x3  I love the grey one, definitely going in! The others ones would be okay except for the fact that in an RP I wouldn't want someone to have to change their occupants or ship type in the middle of their story. Thank you for all the suggestions, you're very helpful =D

Okee dokee :)

Thank you!

Angella

Such a cool idea! Maybe you could have red lanterns to indicate that sharks were near?