News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[The Kennel] Coat ideas?

Started by Math, June 22, 2010, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Math

Well, I got a tag, and I'm planning on submitting it with a lineart edit voucher next time they open. I'm getting an Australian Cattle Dog (with cropped ears) female, and I am getting her as a mate for my newest addition, whom I adore. (I have admired him ever since he was a puppy)

I'm assuming he's a black ticked tri-colour. :) I do have some ideas for his mate's coat, but I'm not sure... I want super stunning pups from the pair some day. I'm thinking black roan with tan points (with some white markings), or maybe a brown roan. Maybe even a red roan, or blue roan?

I found this ref. image, maybe as a red merle instead of a blue?

Also, if you have some name ideas for the male, and the female, please post them. :)

springacres

I would definitely go for red roan or red merle.  Just think of the variety of pups they could have!

(I also would love to see more red roans and red merles in The Kennel in general.  I feel like the blue merles and black roans outnumber them.  Reds may not always be as flashy, but they are definitely just as pretty!)

Neocridders

Merle is delicious. Red merle would be excessivly delicious, and it would make completely amazing puppies. Ahh! But what a great boy you already have!

springacres

Here's another example of a red merle: http://www.tuckercreek.net/robby5.jpg

And just to show what the coloring can look like on the Kennel lineart...

Math

I've decided on a red roan for the girl's coat. :) But, I do love my red merles. <3 I believe I have a couple. :)

I do still need a name for the pair though. I'm thinking Kryos and Kiana. :)